Poll: Splitscreen versus online

Alkore

May 25, 2009
Fairly simple question which do you prefer Playing on the same console on the same tv or over xbox live psn etc.

I personally prefer splitscreen because it only requires one system one tv and one copy of the game as opposed to the alternitive 2 games 2 consoles and 2 tvs.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Depends on the situation. I mostly play games over the internet on my PC, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good splitscreen game of Timesplitters with the family. Oh, and Champion of Norrath.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
LAN. Multiple desktop computers. The only console games worth playing multiplayer anymore are fighting games or co-op classic action... and you don't need a split screen for that.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I'd much rather play multiplayer with someone in the same room. I hate to sound like I'm parroting Yahtzee, but it's so much less annoying to play with someone that can be held to standards of common decency by the fact that they're not hiding behind an internet connection.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
I like both but if I had to choose one I'd have splitscreen (if you mean like a firefight or horde mode type thing) because I play my ps3 with my brother alot so I don't really get a lot of time playing alone.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
Well in this day and age everyone seems to have a living room in their bedroom as standard, so each kid will have their own PC/laptop, HD tv and one if not all gaming consoles, so split screen is kind of dying, I don't want to say it's completely unnecessary, but I personally don't like split screen just because my eyes are used to playing fullscreen.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Split screen, the only problem is the smaller screen and screen watchers. If only it would get more love. Blackops almost did it perfectly, but managed to screw up the match customization. Really, why prevent someone from turning off the killcam or changing the time limit for a deathmatch?

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
It's hard to say. I think I prefer split screen/shared screen. The extra element of sharing the experience with someone who is physically there amplifies the entire experience. Then again, I've met some great guys over the internet, usually through pubbing on clan servers.

Overall I think I prefer split-screen.

Emurlahn

Jan 13, 2010
Being able to sit with your friends and laugh, talk, share booze, pizza and stuff. Splitscreen for the win!!!

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Online. As much fun as playing on tiny screens that you can't see anything on because the game was designed to take up the whole screen, I think I'll stick to online.
Plus I have no one to splitscreen with at my house and a five minute walk to my friend's house is far too much effort.

Whichi

Sep 13, 2010
I prefer split screen. I can't stand having to figure out which chode I am running around in a screen as opposed to haveing a screen focusing on your individual controllable character

DaMan1500

Jul 10, 2009
Definetly splitscreen. If the people you're playing against aren't within punching range, than it just isn't multiplayer.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Splitscreen is always better, but online is more convenient. So if possible, split. You just can't beat beating someone after beating you. BEAT! Also, if I'm playing with my girlfriend, it's kinda hard to grab her boobs if we're playing online...

zombiestrangler

Sep 3, 2009
I personally prefer online because:
A) My TV isn't really good for splitscreen.
B) Playing splitscreen isn't all that fun.
It's still fun when you have someone else to play with, but that's rather rare for me.

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
I'd sooner play split screen any day, online is ok but there's nothing more satisfying than beating your mates irl and being able to see their faces and reactions. Plus people tend to be a lot less... commanding in offline play, I find, I guess when people aren't anonymous you don't get people bitching about camping all the time, there is always screen watchers though...

It's just far more social too, a few mates, beers and pizza with piss about on whatever games will always been far more fun than a session on CoD or CSS, imo.

Struck21

Feb 28, 2009
The PS3 can handle eight controllers and hardly any games coming out anymore even have splitscreen. I love playing games with friends in the room drinking a beer and shooting the shite, makes gaming more enjoyable.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Both. Online so I can have some fun when friends over. Split screen so I CAN have fun when friends are over without having 2 systems in the same room. I like having game parties, be they Smash Bros, Halo, or Soul Calibur.