Poll: Star Wars The Old Republic

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
I was wondering if the people who are probably going to get TOR if you would pay a lifetime or 6 month subscription fee and get a bit of extra content like Champions Online? For completeness sake let's assume that lifetime=$150 6 month=$55

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
No. I pay monthly only for any subscription service. Easier to cancel, and I keep more money if I do. But I will buy it. It looks delicious.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Radeonx said:
No. I pay monthly only for any subscription service. Easier to cancel, and I keep more money if I do. But I will buy it. It looks delicious.
Plus, if they stop supporting it, you're screwed.

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Radeonx said:
have you seen IGN's 20 minute walkthrough?

Nipah_

Aug 2, 2009
I spent enough time playing just about all my MMO games (Ultima, FFXI, WoW, etc) to make a 1 time subscription fee of $150 completely and totally worth it.

Granted, I would either wait out the first month to see if it would be able to hold my interest enough, or, if it was a 1 time offer upon playing the game, try to finagle a way to demo it before I signed up as myself... if that makes a lick of sense...

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Lifetime fees would be great with MMO's imo. Was a bit confused. This is a hypothetical, right? There is no such things a lifetime fees in, say WoW or TOR?

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Nincompoop said:
Lifetime fees would be great with MMO's imo. Was a bit confused. This is a hypothetical, right? There is no such things a lifetime fees in, say WoW or TOR?
No just in Champion's online

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
6 month maybe, but from what I've seen of the game it'll be boring by then...

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Lifetime for $150 damn thats a steal compared to champions wanting like $200. But since I plan on getting the game, the bonus items would probably persuade me to get lifetime.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
eoin90210 said:
Nincompoop said:
No just in Champion's online
and LotRO.

Apr 28, 2008
For The Old Republic, I would.

Plus I could come back whenever I want, and not have to worry about monthley fees.

BarefootGamer

Aug 23, 2009
I normally never, ever do lifetime subs, but for TOR I would consider it. I'm a bit of a Bioware fangirl and I think that game will be great! I played WoW for 4+ years. I can see myself playing TOR just as long, unless it totally and utterly fails.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
eoin90210 said:
Radeonx said:
have you seen IGN's 20 minute walkthrough?
Yes, Have you?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.88162

/shamelessplug

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Wow I would totally play for lifetime, because even if I stop playing I can come back anytime, and since I absolutely loved KOTOR I'm absolutely sure I'll be playing for a long time.

Oisnafas

Jan 5, 2009
Hellgate:London also had a lifetime option, and that game folded less than 2 years in.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
Lifetime deals refer to the lifetime of the game not the lifetime of the players. It also relies on how many players are willing to invest in the lifetime. ITT MMO's are an investment with no return. (Whoever says grinding is fun needs their had examined)

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I'm a huge star wars fan, but I'm not sure if this game is worth paying ONE month for. I'm going to spend upwards of $50 on the game to start off with, then they expect me to pay $15 a month just to play a game that I BOUGHT AND OWN. If I could pay for an unlimited access lifetime account, I might do that, but that's the only way I'd do it. I'll not pay for a game that I can't put down for a couple of months and then pick up and play.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
I'd test the water first - and if all went well then lifetime sub. I think that many companies understand that their MMO may fail within the next 18 months because it's not WoW and are trying to get people to pay before hand for it!