Poll: Star Wars vs Star Trek

shadow1138

Mar 20, 2008
I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but after 8 + hours I just don't have the eyes to go trough the whole thread. Anyway the following is just for laughs:

TOP TEN REASONS WHY STAR WARS IS BETTER THAN STAR TREK

10. In the Star Wars Universe weapons are rarely, if ever, set on "stun".
9. The Enterprise needs a huge engine room with an anti-matter unit and a crew of 20 just to go into warp - The Millennium Falcon does the samething with R2-D2 and a Wookiee.
8. After resisting the Imperial torture droid and Darth Vader, Princess Leia still looked fresh and desirable - After pithy Cardassian starvation torture, Picard looked like hell.
7. One word: Lightsabers.
6. Darth Vader could choke the entire Borg empire with one glance.
5. The Death Star doesn't care if a world is class "M" or not.
4. Luke Skywalker is not obsessed with sleeping with every alien he encounters.
3. Jabba the Hutt would eat Harry Mudd for trying to cut in on his action.
2. The Federation would have to attempt to liberate any ship named "Slave I".
1. Picard pilots the Enterprise through asteroid belts at one-quarter impulse power - Han Solo floors it.

Here's the site if you want to have some laughs at Star Wars http://www.dockingbay101.com/lists/

shadow1138

Mar 20, 2008
Just in case this turns into a Star Wars or Titanic forum :D

Top twenty reasons why Star Wars is better than Titanic:

20. Titanic's big, but it doesn't have hyperdrive.
19. Star Wars has WAY cooler action figure potential.
18. Yoda could use the Force to lift Titanic out of the water.
17. Leia is a princess, a senator, a freedom fighter, and Jedi material; Rose is just marriage bait.
16. Ewoks throw better parties than either first class or steerage.
15. When flying towards the Titanic, Wedge can't say "Look at the size of that thing!" and really mean it.
14. It would be much scarier to get chased around the boat by a raving madman with a lightsaber as opposed to a handgun.
13. Titanic is egalitarian by portraying poor people as sympathetic characters. Star Wars is egalitarian bypromoting bug-eyed amphibians to Admiral.
12. Said bug-eyed amphibious Admiral manages NOT to lose his ship.
11. We know Cal is the bad guy because he sneers at the poor and treats his fiancee like property. We know Darth Vader is the bad guy because he strangles people and blows up planets for fun.
10. Yeah, Leo can dance, but can he fly an X-wing?
9. Rose braves icy water to rescue her man. Leia braves Jabba the Hutt.
8. Two words: John Williams.
7. There are always enough escape pods in Star Wars.
6. Do you know what the Empire does to self-proclaimed "kings of the world"?
5. If Luke were handcuffed to a pipe below decks in a sinking ship, he would use the Force to get the key.
4. "I'd rather be his whore than your wife" just doesn't have the same sting as "I'd rather kiss a Wookiee."
3. Han is frozen in carbonite and turned into a wall ornament. Leo simply freezes.
2. We knew the boat was gonna sink. But who could've anticipated "Luke... I am your father"?
1. Han Solo would've missed the dang iceberg!

scoHish

Mar 27, 2008
I've ranted too much about this subject, so ill keep it to a simple "I like Star Wars" But if you start a "Jar-Jar and the rest of that prequel crap" thread, then my ranting is only just beginning my friend...

TobyMobias

Jan 5, 2008
Trek, I guess. I saw Enterprise when I was, like, 10, and I liked it. Still do.

I was never a huge Star Wars fan. I saw Episode I: Phantom Menace when I was 9, and I thought it was "Bleh...".

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Galaxy Gun+Centerpoint Station+Super Star Destroyers+Death Star+...

5 hours later.

...+Lightsabers=win for Star Wars.

Ya Zhen

Aug 29, 2008
I know its fairly Irrelevant (no pun intended) to post here as i would be eaten alive by fanboys. But I feel I must throw in my two cents anyway. Let me first say I like each equally as each has enthralled me the same. Star wars uses lasers. In an episode of then next generation The Enterprise scoffs at a ship that arms a full compliment of lasers. it is explained that in the STU lasers are fairly primitive and have been replaced by phasers. This would mean that on a whole the star trek universe has much more advanced tech. Some may say that the borg would be a strength to the star trek universe, howeve because they are all one mind any reasonably powerful jedi could take over an entire cube easily. after that the star wars universe could adapt that tech to there own, or be consumed by it if they are not careful. Also considering the fragilness of warp cores a force adept spy on any star trek vessel could influence a random person to fire a phaser at it and destroy it. The Q would most likely only observe and let things play out.the main Q may want to provoke a few admirals of the emipire though. What would be interesting is if the tardis arrived on the enterprise, merging the doctor who universe into said conflict as well.

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
Star Trek is about as entertaining as a very dryly written computer maintenance manual.

Star Wars is like an awesome graphic novel written by God, drawn by Leonardo Da Vinci, inked by Picasso, colored by Rembrandt, and lettered by Oscar Wilde.

Jedi and Sith are way cooler than anything basically ever created ever. That includes sex.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I love my sci fi, I like star wars and a fair amount of Star trek. My vote though has to go with Star wars, a far more interesting and diverse universe. Star Trek was always very lacking to me and way too um..."peaceful" and unrealistic (yea star wars isn't any better in the realism dept. but you know what I mean...i think). I wont bother giving a long winded argument on either, just rather generalize my opinion as much I can.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
Stargate beats both...
Seriously, instant travel to other planets?
Even for ships (supergate)
Why is every one here only doing one group vs. another when its suppost to be whole universes?

Tau'ri, Jaffa, Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Wraith, Kull Wariors, the Ori army, the Ori themselves, Ancients and Lanteans (yes they are different) would beat any-one without much trouble.

Besides any universe can be beaten by a single word...

Replicators.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
TheGhostOfSin post=18.53877.678423 said:
Stargate beats both...
Seriously, instant travel to other planets?
Even for ships (supergate)
Why is every one here only doing one group vs. another when its suppost to be whole universes?

Tau'ri, Jaffa, Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Wraith, Kull Wariors, the Ori army, the Ori themselves, Ancients and Lanteans (yes they are different) would beat any-one without much trouble.

Besides any universe can be beaten by a single word...

Replicators.
See I would have mentioned that but I didn't wanna stray off topic. Although yes...shows like Stargate, BSG, and Farscape completely own ST and SW hands down. Those damn replicators could destroy the borg and jedi with no trouble, nasty little technobugs they were.

Masterthief

Aug 30, 2008
I'm not much of a Star Trek geek, so consider my opinion biased if you so wish. I think that post Imperial Star Wars could be beaten by almost anything. The Empire, on the other hand, was always too busy fighting the Rebellion to seriously consider fighting another enemy, and everyone who has studied the World Wars (or at least knows who won) should be a aware of what happens when somebody decides a war on two fronts is a good idea. The old Republic would have had this problem as well (the Mandalorian war, the Jedi Civil war, the Sith War, to name but a few of the constant conflict they were getting into) However, if the entire universe/galaxy/whatever decided that it would be a good idea to team up, their combined technology, numbers and power could beat almost anything that stood in their way. Also, to those who claim that Jedi are useless in space combat, you forget about Jedi Battle Meditation.

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
Stargate has some of the corniest effects and makeup I have ever seen, and the whole idea is definetly not as captivating to the imagination as Star Wars is.

I don't care what weird technobug could kill a Jedi, on a character or individual basis, no character from either Star Trek or Stargate could handle a Force user, let alone a master.

Dec 1, 2007
jabrwock post=18.53877.382190 said:
If we assume that SW's "lasers" are equivalent to ST's "phasers" (since both are described as not being lasers, but rather highly compressed, focused high-energy particle beams...)
How are they? One's literally called "laser" and the other is what would be a good idea to get around the inherent limitation of laser technology in an atmosphere (but is stupid in space)?

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Ares Tyr post=18.53877.678461 said:
Stargate has some of the corniest effects and makeup I have ever seen, and the whole idea is definetly not as captivating to the imagination as Star Wars is.

I don't care what weird technobug could kill a Jedi, on a character or individual basis, no character from either Star Trek or Stargate could handle a Force user, let alone a master.
one word, Ascended

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
-Seraph- post=18.53877.678470 said:
Ares Tyr post=18.53877.678461 said:

one word, Ascended
I don't know who or what the fuck that is but unless it can take a giant star cruiser out of the sky just by force of will, then it loses.

Usnota

Jul 3, 2008
I admit that I do not know much about ST, so if they have any of these things to counter this please tell me however my SW knowledge is rather vast, so I will just try to list what assests Star Wars has:

1. Superweapons out the ass: every single book involves a much more powerful superweapon than the last, the most powerful is the Sun Crusher, a small ship the size of a fighter, with invicible quantum plated armor, and torpedoes that can destroy STARS in one shot and if those dont work, (which they probably wont on a ship the size of the enterprise, it can just ram through it and tear it in half, it did that too a star destroyer

2. The Force: a mystical energy field that binds together all living things, and it comes in two flavors!

1: the light side: battle medidation, it can really turn the tide of the battle, force heal, jedi mind trick, and energy absroption.

2: the Dark side aka The awesome side, sith can kill people just by looking at them, not to mention force lightning, and evil mind trick, where a sith could just make the captain drive straight through a black hole

3. LIGHTSABRES!!! Yes, lightsabers can deflect phasers, becuse the only two things they cannote defend against are cortosis and other lightsaber blades

4. Empire: since the empire was militarrily the strongest, most of the alliance and NR fleet is just "reaquired" from the empire the vast numerical might of the mepire coupled with huge star destroyers, all classes could own with thousands and thousands of ships and billions of soldiers, their war machine was nearly inexhaustable NR fought them for 20 years, and they are still going in the Legacy comics

again, Trek fans feel free to counter if you want to go through this massive wall of text

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
yes...yes they can, especially the Ori (evil counterparts). Even Anubis would if he wasn't stuck half way.