Poll: Start a family! Who wants children?

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
I'm curious: how many of you are planning/hoping to start a family at some point in the future, or have done so already?

Just for the purposes of this poll, a family is at least a single parent and a child. The child can be adopted, and the parent(s) can be of any gender. A couple, however, doesn't count as a family, even if they share a household.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I like kids

that doesnt mean I want some of my own

right now if I had to choose....no I'm too self centered, however that could definetly change

Iyon

Recovering Lurker
May 16, 2012
Most of the people I knew in high school already have kids and are starting families. As for me, I don't want to have kids but who knows, maybe someday that'll change.

So I guess that'd be "Some time in the future, maybe." A big maybe.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Dijkstra said:
This thread would be more easily summarized as "Do you want kids at some point?" as that is the sole condition you're using anyway.
How else would you define starting a family? I'm not ruling out single parents, because I was raised by one, and I most definitely had a family. I know people who had stable relationships for years back in high school, but you'd be hard pressed to call those families.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I do want kids, but not for another ten years. I'm sure it's a lot of effort and all that parenting stuff sounds like a load of arse, but by the time I'm getting into my thirties I hope I can handle it. If nothing else, I really don't know what the fuck I'm going to spend my older years doing.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Speaking as a teen, I don't foresee kids... at any point

Because I'm not the biggest fan of little kids anyway >.>

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
I never want kids, and I am rapidly approaching an age where I probably should start thinking about having some if I wanted them, therefore I am very unlikely to change my mind about this.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
It's not planned at the moment, mostly because I have no significant other right now. So, y'know, it's a bit hard to plan for anything like that by yourself. I think.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Marter said:
It's not planned at the moment, mostly because I have no significant other right now. So, y'know, it's a bit hard to plan for anything like that by yourself. I think.
But you don't need a significant other - you just need windowless van and some candy. Yeah, I went there.

OT: Some time in the future, maybe. I'd prefer adoption one, if it matters.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Sure...some day at least.

Well that is one day....very...VERY far in the future.

Still I would love to have a family.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
I don't know I find kids pretty annoying, but at the same time the thought of not passing on my beautiful eye gene's, good looks and intelligence seems like an almost tragedy.

With my sex drive I suppose it's only a matter of time, thank god I'm a bit of a hypochondriac/ germaphobe or I'd probably be in this situation already.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehmaybe.
Later though. Very later. And I'd want at least 5-6 years difference of age if I was gonna have more than one.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
It's a definite for me. But not until I'm "ready". Now I know what they say, you're never ready for a family. But I at least want to get settled before starting up. Not something I want to think about till I'm at least 30.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
I'm one of the ones who replied (M) Too late, already have one.
I could go on about it for hours, but for now I'll just say;
Your whole world changes, for me it has been only for the better.
Plus--read Bunny Drop and Yotsuba&!

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
NEVER!!!

*continues to plan to get self sterilized or at least a rather permanent use of birth control*

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
I'd like children, but I'd also like to be able to have a loving wife and a means to support them, so it's a ways down the road.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Not interested in having children to be honest, mostly because I don't consider myself good/reliable father material and partly because I'm not a fan of having large responsibilities.