Poll: Still playing MW2?

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I still play the game, just not as much as when I first bought it.

However I find it a lot more fun when playing with friends. Plus I always seem to play better when they're around.

Vianyte

Jan 10, 2009
The Escapist just cannot get enough of these threads

I personally love MW2, way more than MW1. It's a game where not only you need skill but also a good mind. Most of the maps are well designed and varied, there's a wide range of decent weapons to choose from, none of them being exceptionally overpowered (Forgetting noobtube) and standing out from the rest. All in all, good fun.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Of course I still play it! But to avoid the Xbox Live Thug, constant modders and everyone 10 people that claim to have a 10th prestige Hack I play ALOT of private matchs.

Some modes we like are

Various Gun only battles -
Only AS-12, Only M9, Only ACR, etc, etc battles

Riot Shield Battles -
Pretty simple win a TeamDeathmatch with only riot shield

RPG battles -
RPGs and scavanger pro or One Man Army on

Throwing Knife War -
Throwing knifes and smoke grendes only with Scavanger pro on

Jason Mode -
One guy is Jason and can only use knifes while the other guys have to either hide or run from him. If your the last one alive you can finnaly try to kill "jason" or get killed yourself (knives only) *Better with ALOT of people

Wolf Hunt -
One Wolf that can only use knifes and the others (hunters) use only shotguns. But only headshots can kill.

President Assassination -

Everyone has low health and hardcore mode is on. A group of snipers (Intervention only) has to kill the President or take our his bodyguards first and then kill him. The president cannot use any guns, the bodyguards can only use riotshields and pistols.

Running Rabbit -
3 minute countdown. One guy with Marthon and Lightweight on runs around the map (Favala or Scrapyard is the Best) but the only way you can kill the rabbit is with C4 or Claymores.

And yes even Hide -n- Seek -
I'm not going to explan that one

See we have fun on our own and I dare you too please try some custom modes but it will take a level of honesty from your fellow players so these modes are best done with good friends!

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
51gunner said:
Got Bad Company 2, switched to that.
Atta boy. That's the only sensible course of action.

I'm also not saying two handsome and brilliant hunks of men-gods started an escapist's bc2 group... But if I was I'd tell you to join it as it cures all known ailments...

...But I would never say that off course.

Vianyte

Jan 10, 2009
Fox KITSUNE said:
Of course I still play it! But to avoid the Xbox Live Thug, constant modders and everyone 10 people that claim to have a 10th prestige Hack I play ALOT of private matchs.

Some modes we like are

Various Gun only battles -
Only AS-12, Only M9, Only ACR, etc, etc battles

Riot Shield Battles -
Pretty simple win a TeamDeathmatch with only riot shield

RPG battles -
RPGs and scavanger pro or One Man Army on

Throwing Knife War -
Throwing knifes and smoke grendes only with Scavanger pro on

Jason Mode -
One guy is Jason and can only use knifes while the other guys have to either hide or run from him. If your the last one alive you can finnaly try to kill "jason" or get killed yourself (knives only) *Better with ALOT of people

Wolf Hunt -
One Wolf that can only use knifes and the others (hunters) use only shotguns. But only headshots can kill.

President Assassination -

Everyone has low health and hardcore mode is on. A group of snipers (Intervention only) has to kill the President or take our his bodyguards first and then kill him. The president cannot use any guns, the bodyguards can only use riotshields and pistols.

Running Rabbit -
3 minute countdown. One guy with Marthon and Lightweight on runs around the map (Favala or Scrapyard is the Best) but the only way you can kill the rabbit is with C4 or Claymores.

And yes even Hide -n- Seek -
I'm not going to explan that one

See we have fun on our own and I dare you too please try some custom modes but it will take a level of honesty from your fellow players so these modes are best done with good friends!
That does sound fun...

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Yeah I still play it... despite everyone complaining about it, I can have a good time with it.

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
I do play it, but on these conditions
1-I don't know what game to play and I play it until I think of another game
2-Bad Company 2(or any other FPS that I've tried) gets me mad
3-Friends are over

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Played multiplayer twice.
Once was local with a friend and the second was on xbox live.
MW2 is ass if you don't have/can't get gold...

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
No. I stopped playing in the first month (I played CoD4 for almost a year)
1. Game is a pile of buggy stinking crap
2. It is also completely unbalanced
3. The server finding "thingie" is totally on it's head. It doesn't work properly and cheaters (and even pirates) seem to have no trouble breaking it and annoying everyone. And since there is no mod support YOU CAN'T FUCKING KICK THEM!
4. Bad Company 2 is a much better more polished, balanced and overall more fun game. I'm going to stick with it for the next year. :)

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I play occasionally, but even when I do, I don't really enjoy myself. I haven't even played through the campaign due to a complete lack of interest. I got through the first two levels and was just bored and unimpressed.

If I had a mic, I'd be playing Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 or Borderlands (Because alone, I just can't really get into Borderlands that much).

Now, I'm just waiting for Gears of War 3, which is gonna be a goddamn year.

Fxh_legato

Apr 7, 2010
I ditched that sorry excuse of a game for bad company 2. Which i have been having a blast with, Its just so much better. Then i tried to go back and play MW2 again just for shits and giggles, and within minutes i was just pissed off at everything. And i remained pissed off for several hours after wards. Im going to wipe the memory of that game from my mind and try to remember the good times i had with COD4

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
WindScar said:
Rainboq said:
I play it occaisonaly, right now, I'm playing GoW 3 or BF: BC 2
What...GoW3 is out in 2011, are you from teh future?!
I always do that and think gears of war but the person means God of War one word difference COMPLETELY different think though