Poll: Sub or Dub?

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Wayneguard said:
Depends... is Steve Blum doing the dub?
Is Steve Blum ever not doing the dub? I'm fairly certain he's been involved in every anime ever made.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089710/

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
If the voice acting for both sides is of equal quality then I'll most often prefer the dub. But it's a case to case basis.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Sinclose said:
Subbed, with some rare exceptions.

The french dub of 'Monster' makes the Japanese voice acting seem absolutely horrendous in comparison.
Love Monster! I don't know why though. :)

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
For me I often prefer whatever I saw first. Since I watched all of Full Metal Panic in dub format I will not watch it subbed. Same goes for it I have watched it subbed, I get too used the voices and refuse to watch it with different voices. Though I've never had a problem with subtitles.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
when it comes to animation I supose its not such a huge difference (isnt anime animated THEN dubbed over anyway?)

but when it comes to live action films Subed definetly, dubs...I dunno make it seem silly

I was horrified when I played my copy of crouching tiger hidden dragon..and they were speaking english! agghh! but then I reset it

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009

I'm sorry but Funimation's dub of this is way better than first thought,and pretty damn funny imo.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Vault101 said:
when it comes to animation I supose its not such a huge difference (isnt anime animated THEN dubbed over anyway?)

I was horrified when I played my copy of crouching tiger hidden dragon..and they were speaking english! agghh! but then I reset it
Yeah, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is much worse as a dub then you'd expect a blockbuster kung fu film to be.

As for the animation in some dubs *cough 4kids *cough........

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I like both, but if it's good enough, then dub, and I really hate it when someone says that all dubs suck, because I've seen a lot of great dubs, and every time someone says that I have a strong urge to punch them right in the face.

Ilyak1986

Dec 16, 2010
Subbed. Without a doubt. EG listen to Lacus Clyne's songs in Japanese, then go to English. It'll make you want to go deaf.

demoncub1990

Apr 16, 2011
i prefer subbed because sometimes dubs can really screw an anime up (like hetalia for instance) and it feels like a brain exercise when i can read the subtitles and watch what's going on at the same time but that's just me :3

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I prefer dubbed. I can identify characters based on voice better, and I can listen while looking elsewhere. I can also examine the scene freely. Watching and reading subs is not hard, but you have to pay attention more.