Poll: Support Extra Creditz. Don't watch today's videos.

Telekinesis

Apr 26, 2008
No. For starters, Extra Credits aren't the saints their twitter has convinced you they are - they're clearly using leftover charity money for their own goals.
For seconds, I don't see how depriving the other great artists here from views is any fair to them.
And lastly, fuck that, I wanna watch me some Zero Punctuation and the EC VS Escapist bickering can fuck off.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Grickit said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
I don't know exactly how this works, but I always thought the content creators get a cut of the revenue from the ads on their respective shows? If that is the case (though now I doubt it), then no Yahtzee shouldn't suffer.

Even if it isn't, James Portnow said that he doesn't want to harm the Escapist. Why should we? Besides the lack of funds is how this whole goddamn thing started in the first fucking place! Or do you want Escapist to not have enough money to pay MovieBob next? What about Carter & Rydell?

So.....no sorry. I'm not taking harsh actions until the Jury is out.
They still get their money. Just a day later. The point is to have that dip there and say "We did that because we're mad."
No, they won't get their money. Because THERE IS NO MONEY.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Nope.

Feed Dump is too awesome and I would NEVER miss out on a Miracle of Sound song!

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
Liberaliter said:
No thanks, that's just being silly now.
I'm going with this. This whole mess really isn't our business at all, and should be left to the involved parties.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Grickit said:
Simply don't watch today's stuff. I'm not saying go away forever. That would hurt all the good people still here. But just wait a while. Watch the stuff this weekend. Give the producers a day of no ad revenue. And make it Wednesday. Today. Their biggest day. Just let them know we're upset. This is the easiest way to do that.
They know people are not happy with their actions. Thats what all those threads are for, a perfect board for communicating your feelings on the subject. Unfortunatly at a time where thousands of people, like me, have been made redundant and many businesses forced to cut costs or shut down. I find it hard to be effect by whats happening with EC. Its happening to everyone. It sucks, but just the way things are.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
i think the amount of complainy threads are going to be enough, this is after all the escapist, something gets mentioned in an unsatisfactory matter and its noted by the people with power. e.g. that gay update they did to the site a few weeks back that just made it like arse that was taken off within 24 hours. maybe the escapist should run facebook?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
You know, James specifically told everyone multiple times to not cause any harm to this site.

Plus, the whole reason for this shit is that The Escapist is and was low on cash. Especially now. So depriving them of ad revenue is one of the single worst ideas ever.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
The EC Crew keeps talking about being fair and equitable.

Their fans keep being ridiculous and trying to harm The Escapist.

I'm left with LRR as the only decent producers on this site, but I'm not boycotting it altogether. I'll do anything else to support Extra Credits, using methods that they actually support.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
*Reads thread title. Watches Zero Punctuation*

Seriously, though, I never watched Extra Credits because it was something that never called to me. The only reason I came here in the first place was for Zero Punctuation and you want me, on the day of a new video release, to not watch anything and hurt Yahtzee as well? No thank you. It is sad that they got cheated by The Escapist, but it's not worth bringing down everybody else with it.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
If they're gone, they're more than likely gone for good on the site. I don't like it at all but it can't be helped.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
To be blunt, that's fucking stupid. Remember a few months ago when every few days there was a thread about extra credits being pretentious? Personally I'm glad as hell they're gone, but this is ridiculous, we shouldn't give views to those who aren't associated with extra credits? I've read a few of those "extra credits leaves escapist" threads that popped up like a bad herpes infection yesterday, and I distinctly recall several individuals saying they would leave this site, and I hope they do, because this site's community went straight in the shitter around the time I joined, and honestly this site has to have the worst community I've experienced.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some outstanding diamonds of human excellence in this shit-shack, but the majority of putrid, belligerent, pusillanimous, twisted demons of the internet have NOTHING on this place, because when they speak, there is no semblance of intellect in their words, it's all just crap thrown together in terrible grammar to incite something in people, but in here if someone shows somewhat of a lesser intelligence the population decides to get on it's high horse and individually take it out on whomever may be so unfortunate as to have written something that represents an opinion. Plus (this is severely off-topic) what the hell is with all the American hatred? I know a ton of people here are from Britain, and by god do you ever shut up about it? I know a ton of countries hate America (mostly for our dumbass media, I despise it as well), but I have seen so much racism from this site (I really hate to use that word, because in no way do I consider American a race) towards everyone who resides in the U.S., but back to the topic at hand.

Again, this site blatantly hides it's disregard for difference by cowering behind a sheath of intellectualism used for false gratitude, and this fucking thread just proves it more. Please don't quote this expecting a response from me, because I'm done.

Grickit

Mar 2, 2011
One Hit Noob said:
Boycotting the Escapist will not help as stated repeatedly throughtout the thread, It might even worsen the effect. Extra Credits didn't want us to act like this so I suggest you stop.
I did not suggest a boycott, but I have amended the first post again to make this more clear.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I find it funny that the OP is posting on the escapist to not give the escapist ad revenue when simply coming on the site gives it to them ^_^

OT:
I didn't really watch Extra Credits in the first place and I've already watched the videos.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
You know what? How about we make a thread asking Anonymous/Lulzsec to wreck the place instead of these snippy little half-measures? This way, you've made your statement and the Escapist is taught whatever lesson you want to teach them.

*Sigh*

Seriously, with the amount of people jumping to conclusions based on what little info we have and proposing various statements/punishments on who they think needs to be punished, I'm getting to the point that I would welcome a scorched earth solution.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I really only care about three shows on this site. EC isn't one of them. Zero Punctuation and Feed Dump are. So yeah, I'll watch my shows today.