Poll: Telling the time

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I tend to round to the nearest 15 minute interval. I find most people's schedules (hooray universities and standard class schedules) work on these intervals anyways.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I give the exact time.

Normally because when people ask for the time, they are looking for what time it is.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Tell the exact time.

Of course all my clocks are set fifteen minutes ahead (it helps me think I got more sleep at night when i wake up), so it takes me a bit of time ot actually think waht time it is.

EDIT: of coures this is when Im not telling people to look at their cellphones, especially when I've seen them use them before coming up to ask me the time.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Before actually checking my phone, I take a rough guess and give it an -ish on the end.

If that's not good enough, I'll actually say the exact time.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I tend to go to the nearest five, but sometimes, to liven thigs up, I'll give an exact time. Because that's how I roll.

Also, anyone who complains about my method will be shot down. You ask me the time, you get my method. You want your way, get your own device.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I'll say something like, "It's nearly 5 to 8" or, "It's just gone 10 past 3"

If I'm reading off my phone I sometimes say the exact time if I'm put on the spot with "What's the time?" otherwise I'll take too long to work it out.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
My way is a little long winded... *Ahem*

"The time at the 3rd beep will be 15:02 and 34 seconds. Beep. Beep. Beep."

(Obviously I don't always say 15:02 and 34 seconds... that just because that is what the time is right now... Or it was about 15 seconds ago when I first typed it.)

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
Time you got a watch!

More seriously, to the nearest 5. Or the nearest minute if I'm feeling precise.

Dec 21, 2011
Depends who asks me, really.

I'd say general rule - round to the nearest five.

For friends who would appreciate the preciseness - the exact time.

For people trying to catch a bus - the exact time. Etcetera.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
It usually depends on my mood but more often than not, I give the exact time sans seconds. Nothing wrong being more accurate with your answer.

standokan

May 28, 2009
CODE-D said:
Its time to get a watch....budumdump-(face punched)
I got kneed in my tender manly area for that one once and I regret nothing.

I tell it exactly as it is, mostly because I grew up with my mother always telling me just the rounded hours. And I thought puberty would go away at a certain point.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Exact time. Usually when someone asks me that it's in a bus stop or something like that, at least i would like to know if i have a few minutes for a smoke or to visit a shop.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It varies from time to time. Sorry, I really can't nail it down to a pattern.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Nouw said:
I usually say 'it's about' when looking at an analog clock then round. If it's a digital clock, I tell the exact time. It's much easier for me.
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Today has been an awesome day, I keep seeing older members from '09 :D. You probably don't know me but it's nice to see a familiar face.
Awesome! I haven't been online as much recently, the internet at my Uni is shite.