Poll: TF2

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
sheic99 said:
Insanum said:
So i was thinking of getting it from steam, To play on my laptop...Anyone think this is a good move?
As long as your computer is better than
1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection
Then yes it is a wise investment, unless you hate fun.
Ive got the HP DV6 Pavillion, But when i get home ill fire it up and "Canyourunit" to see if it will work.

If it will, i may get it whilst it's on sale with GMOD - Although it'll be my first outing on it, Hopefully i wont get completely decimated.

Hopefully.[/I]

And then ill bring my crazy accents to the Voice chat, Hilarity shall ensue.

Invaderbrim

Nov 9, 2009
AWOL said:
For some insane reason that I still can't justify, I never had Steam until about three weeks ago. After getting it though, my first real purchase was TF2 and I have 13 hours logged on it.

Oh god, the shame.
Don't feel bad I only got Steam a few days ago and don't even have TF2 yet due to a graphics card that has not been delivered yet. Rest assured that TF2 will be my first purchase.

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
Nautical Honors Society said:
Swarley said:
YurdleTheTurtle said:
I recently started playing TF2 again and somehow I went up to around 200.

It's a great game and I love the free updates they had, which was really the only reason I got back into it after exams were over.

Took me a long time to unlock some of the new stuff (I'm still missing 2 Soldier weapons and of course, hats!), but Demoman with Chargin' Targe + Eyelander is quite fun. Puts a new spin on the class and gives me two different playstyles!
Do you think xbox is ever going to see those updates?

OT: Less than 20. The xbox version is fun, but not THAT fun...gotta get me steam >_>
From what I've heard, the reason the xbox hasn't gotten updates yet is because of Microsoft wanting to sell them, and since there are so many Valve is waiting until all the classes are finished so that they can release one big pack. This should hopefully be soon, since only 1 class remains.
Sweet! Which class?

edit: Forgot that pictures weren't a replacement for words.

It's the engineer.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
571... ~170 of that as a Demoman... sigh. So many days *g*

Seriously though: it is i think the game which i have put most time in, EVER. No MMORPG comes near that.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Insanum said:
sheic99 said:
Insanum said:
So i was thinking of getting it from steam, To play on my laptop...Anyone think this is a good move?
As long as your computer is better than
1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection
Then yes it is a wise investment, unless you hate fun.
Ive got the HP DV6 Pavillion, But when i get home ill fire it up and "Canyourunit" to see if it will work.

If it will, i may get it whilst it's on sale with GMOD - Although it'll be my first outing on it, Hopefully i wont get completely decimated.

Hopefully.[/I]

And then ill bring my crazy accents to the Voice chat, Hilarity shall ensue.
If the requirements are close, I'd recommend this page. [http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1059495]

And to not get laughed at, play with us. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC]

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Soylent Bacon said:
424, and that's not including however many hours I wasted when I played it on Xbox.
Who said that time was wasted?

OT: 260 hours since 6/Apr/10.

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
YurdleTheTurtle said:
I recently started playing TF2 again and somehow I went up to around 200.

It's a great game and I love the free updates they had, which was really the only reason I got back into it after exams were over.

Took me a long time to unlock some of the new stuff (I'm still missing 2 Soldier weapons and of course, hats!), but Demoman with Chargin' Targe + Eyelander is quite fun. Puts a new spin on the class and gives me two different playstyles!
Do you think xbox is ever going to see those updates?

OT: Less than 20. The xbox version is fun, but not THAT fun...gotta get me steam >_>
Hate to be a downer, but the problem lies beyond just Microsoft wanting to charge for the free updates. Valve once posted on the TF2 blog [http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2394] (April 2nd 2009) some news about the Xbox 360 update. Specifically, they were having trouble with memory because the Orange Box already pushed it closed to the memory limit, making the new updates very difficult.

Sad to say but there's been tons more updates since this specific TF2 blog post, so I kind of doubt the Xbox 360 versions will ever be updated. If it is, they'd have to cut out a lot of great content. It's not just new content they have to deal with, but they also have to fix bugs and cheats specific to the console version, rather than just Steam.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
Maybe 80 minutes. Love to hate that game. The gameplay is quite OK. Though, feels wrong playing it. Not sure even why. Maybe there's not enough detail to things for my taste. And not talking just the graphics.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Probably 100+. I love my little Pyro.
Also, I hope the Engineer update will hurry up so that I can get the other class updates.

Ekibiogami

Sep 24, 2009
Steam is showing 6 hours played.... X-Fire is showing 59... I KNOW its way more than those... But Im not sure so I voted 50-80. Wish steam would stop eating my hours.

MikhailGH

Jun 11, 2010
Just bought it a few days ago. Now I know why everyone is saying that it is good. And I already accumulated 42 hours of play :D

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Well I spent alot of time on the 360 version and once I picked up the pc version I spent even more time on it and now it's one of my regularly played games.

I would probably have hours through the roof if it weren't for the fact that my computer can barely handle it so I have to play it on the lowest settings are my matches are very choppy due to web connectivity and the afforementioned slow computer.