Poll: "That girl is hot"- Words a Boyfriend should/shouldn't say?

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
AuntyEthel post=18.73676.804050 said:
I think its kinda hypocritical that we can point out beautiful artworks, poems, songs, landscapes, buildings, sunsets etc but not beautiful people. Whats the difference? I am saying this as a man though, I know loadsa women have a different opinion.
But the key factor is you cannot have "teh sex" with a poem. Unless you like that kinda thing...Do you?

Snaggly Pete

Apr 4, 2008
No I don't think a boyfriend should. For married people though, I think it is totally acceptable, even expected. My wife is constantly telling me how hot Hugh Jackman is and I'm constantly telling her how hot...well the list is too long really.

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
Eggo post=18.73676.804072 said:
That depends on how insecure that other person (and/or you) are with themselves.

Please don't bring about some excursion into reverse gender inequality or something equally silly.
Yeah trying to stay away from that, its a sticky mess of brambles, metaphorically of course. Unless you date plants.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Yeah it depends ONLY on 2 things really.

1) The person you are with. (Does he/she tolerate such comments or not?)
2) Do you tolerate someone who doesn't tolerate "that girl/guy is hot".

If you both point out good looking members of the opposite sex, and you are both fine with it, then it's all good.

If she/he is opposed to it, and you are not; do you think you can live with that?

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Maybe it's more about how you say it than the words themselves. If its a casual observation, then I don't think many girls would be upset by that. Of course if your eyes are fighting to stay in your skull, then maybe that isn't appropriate.

Novajam

Apr 26, 2008
HSIAMetalKing post=18.73676.804062 said:
Yes, chivalry is dead. It was a shitty idea in the first place-- women don't deserve to be eternally pampered and treated special just because they have a hole where their penis should be.
Hah!

I don't think it's that nice to point hot guys/girls. It's just going to make the other person feel inadequate.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
@ novajam:
Only if they already have confidence issues, or are just being a pain in the ass for no good reason.

Downside

Sep 16, 2008
its ok if they are on TV in fact my girlfriend normally points out the hot girls for me and always comments on the guys. It doesn't bother me as the chances of them meeting in real life are pretty slim. I dont think she minds when i point out the hot girls either but most of the time i do it to wind her up. I'm a bit funny like that.

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
Downside post=18.73676.804123 said:
its ok if they are on TV in fact my girlfriend normally points out the hot girls for me and always comments on the guys. It doesn't bother me as the chances of them meeting in real life are pretty slim. I dont think she minds when i point out the hot girls either but most of the time i do it to wind her up. I'm a bit funny like that.
I do it for the same reasons these days my friend :)

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
But Sylar is hot, and I'm a guy o.0
I wouldn't ever do it out of courtesy towards my significant other, I would be thinking "damn, she's hot" but I would definately under no circumstances whatsoever actually say it, I'm good at keeping my mouth shut for things like that that I know will(most likely)start something. However, on the other hand, if they comment on a guy then the gloves are off lol.

I'm not sure what this says about me but I don't "check out" guys per se, I'll give them props where props are due, for example yesterday I saw this guy with a six pack walking around with his shirt off, I thought he looked cool and all that but that was it.

In(slightly)related news Aizen is one devilishly, handsome sexy beast and if I was gay I would do him:D
Cake to anyone who knows who I'm talking about:)

mr mcshiznit

Apr 10, 2008
Even if as a guy you are kidding or it is some ok for you to say that with your girlfreind around..... IT IS NEVER OK TO SAY THAT! Are you effing joking unless you have an amazingly tollerant girlfreind who knows you are all hers your asking to get your head ripped off all mortal kombat fatality style. Really all jokes aside its generaly ganna be a really bad idea. Unneeded fights are good for no-one.

StygianHeart

Oct 9, 2008
~'Tis better in the long run if you don't, as standard. What is logically fair-game in our minds is not necessarily the same for the significant other - from experience.

roo18

Oct 8, 2007
AntiAntagonist post=18.73676.804030 said:
Haha! I misread the question! Voted "No" & meant to vote "Yes". Darn assumption of negation!
Haha, same. I think it's fine if the guy your with points out someone they think is good looking, just not too much detail.

Eiseman

Jul 23, 2008
Men definitely have a disadvantage here. I think there's a big difference in context between men and women when they declare someone to be "teh hawtness." There are often a number of different reasons why a woman might point out physical attractiveness, none of which I'm smart enough to clearly point out. But for men, it's usually one single reason: "I want to put it in her."

That could be the reason women get uppity about it. They know how we think.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
WlknCntrdiction post=18.73676.804171 said:
But Sylar is hot, and I'm a guy o.0
I wouldn't ever do it out of courtesy towards my significant other, I would be thinking "damn, she's hot" but I would definately under no circumstances whatsoever actually say it, I'm good at keeping my mouth shut for things like that that I know will(most likely)start something. However, on the other hand, if they comment on a guy then the gloves are off lol.

I'm not sure what this says about me but I don't "check out" guys per se, I'll give them props where props are due, for example yesterday I saw this guy with a six pack walking around with his shirt off, I thought he looked cool and all that but that was it.

In(slightly)related news Aizen is one devilishly, handsome sexy beast and if I was gay I would do him:D
Cake to anyone who knows who I'm talking about:)
Thread idea!!!!!!

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
I don't start commenting on women whilst around other women until they start themselves - just to suss out whether they're cool with objectifying the opposite sex. Once they've made that call, though, I calls them as I sees them.
PS: Sylar is a sexy beast.