Poll: The 4 mighty Hack and Slashers of early 2010

weker

May 27, 2009
i dont see what soo good about god of war 3 sept the massive bosses and gore.
is it just like other ps3 game with the wow factor being high?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
run_forrest_run said:
Klepa said:
run_forrest_run said:
imahobbit4062 said:
run_forrest_run said:
imahobbit4062 said:
run_forrest_run said:
imahobbit4062 said:
run_forrest_run said:
As the fantastically informative title says there is going to be 4 Hack and Slashers released in the first few months of 2010 that everyones got there eye on: God of War 3, Bayonetta, Dantes Inferno and Darksiders. Chances are most people will own all of them at some point although I want to know which one of these games you hold in highest priority by voting in the poll above and your opinions on the rest. Personally I'm getting God of War 3 straight away. I'm trying to decide between Dantes Inferno and Bayonetta having played both demos. I couldn't give a shit about Darksiders, It's got so much less press than the rest and I know to little about it to do anything other than wait for the price to go down.
Wow, you couldn't just...look up info about it? It looks to be the best of all 4 of them.
Darksiders holds most of my interest, Dantes Inferno second priority, God Of War 3 sometime down the track.
Bayonetta can go fuck off and die.
There's a reason I don't give a shit about Darksiders and that reason is it's done nothing to make me aware of it. The other games here have all made me aware of them through gameplay trailers, developer diaries and demos. Darksiders has absolutley no trailers or anything else avaliable for download on PSN and while Xbox live might have them (I don't know cause I'm usually on a PS3) cutting out half your audience is pretty fucking stupid. Also it sounds pathetically cliche and looks like God of War on Pain Killers.
This post just shows how ignorant you are.
Look at the GameTrailers preview for goot footage.
I'm talking about Playstation Network you daft tit.
I know that, but holding no interest in a game because you havn't seen any footage, and not bothering to look up any footage is just idiotic.
You really don't get it do you? Darksiders has gotten so little press that people on this forum have only just heard of it now and I won't put that down to ignorance. It's got the least vots out of every game on this forum although I get the feeling that you'll still find an argument against it involving you spending the weekend trying to find gameplay trailers then being somewhat impressed at the sight of a man with huge hands chucking a sword boomerang style at a giant hostile mushroom.
You're actually criticizing a game because of it's marketing? And not because it's being marketed falsely, but because it's not being marketed enough? Why on earth do you care? How does it make a least bit of difference? My brain is utterly failing here.
I guessed from the stupidity of your reply. If something is advertised enough then it won't sell as well. For those of you that are unaware (seeing as how I can no longer treat half of you as human beings) sales are good, not a lot of sales are bad. Now can the Darksiders fanboys on this forum either take that on the chin or fuck off and bother someone else.
Dude you make an account two days ago and you're already insulting numerous people for no reason at all?

Welcome to The Escapist, however brief your stay may be.

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
The bayonetta demo is awesome and when I compare the combat in it to God of War I kinda fear for that game because it seems so slow when compared to Bayonetta. Dantes Inferno has incredible level design, better than the rest of these games, but it borrows very heavily from God of War and also looks a bit rough around the edges. Darksiders open world gameplay is kinda intruiging and the bosses look fairly epic although as I said before it sounds very cliche and the combat seems to suffer from a terrible speed problem.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
DARKSIDERS!

This game will be a sleeper hit, but it will be amazing. I'm buying it on release! (Its been a long ass time since I've done that. Namely Overlord 1)
Oh, this game looks good as! Can't wait for Darksiders!
*Realizes it's not on PC*
Awww...

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Dommyboy said:
pimppeter2 said:
DARKSIDERS!

This game will be a sleeper hit, but it will be amazing. I'm buying it on release! (Its been a long ass time since I've done that. Namely Overlord 1)
Oh, this game looks good as! Can't wait for Darksiders!
*Realizes it's not on PC*
Awww...
I was dissapointed about that too. But heck, they said it would eventually come out for PC too.

Now eventually can also mean 2 years, but still

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
run_forrest_run said:
The bayonetta demo is awesome and when I compare the combat in it to God of War I kinda fear for that game because it seems so slow when compared to Bayonetta. Dantes Inferno has incredible level design, better than the rest of these games, but it borrows very heavily from God of War and also looks a bit rough around the edges. Darksiders open world gameplay is kinda intruiging and the bosses look fairly epic although as I said before it sounds very cliche and the combat seems to suffer from a terrible speed problem.
Darksiders seems like it is leaning towards a different genre, so I don't think the combat speed was a focus. Think of it as a more mature Zelda with a larger focus on an open-world, various tools, and puzzle solving than on combat speed. It shouldn't really be classified as a hack & slash I guess.

Out of the remaining true hack & slash titles I would have to go for GOW3. I'm not overly interested in any of them, but the Dante's Inferno demo failed to impress and something about Bayonetta rubs me the wrong way (no pun intended). The GOW series has always been good for some epic, brutal combat and I seem unable to turn that down.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I'm only getting God of War 3. Dante's Inferno is too much of a rip off, Haven't cared enough to look into Darksiders, plus they say it's like Zelda which I don't like alot. I was concidering Bayonetta, but then I realised that it was only fun on the easyest difficulty setting for me, and also it's got J-pop all over itself.

metalcore42

Apr 15, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Already have Bayonetta, so GOW 3.
Yeah, in my town(in germany) the media store has already shelved up on Bayonetta.
One of my pals even got it for Christmas.

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
I guess Darksiders shouldn't be on this list.
KSarty said:
run_forrest_run said:
Darksiders seems like it is leaning towards a different genre, so I don't think the combat speed was a focus. Think of it as a more mature Zelda with a larger focus on an open-world, various tools, and puzzle solving than on combat speed. It shouldn't really be classified as a hack & slash I guess.

Out of the remaining true hack & slash titles I would have to go for GOW3. I'm not overly interested in any of them, but the Dante's Inferno demo failed to impress and something about Bayonetta rubs me the wrong way (no pun intended). The GOW series has always been good for some epic, brutal combat and I seem unable to turn that down.
I guess Darksiders shouldn't be on this list. At least It'll get some fanboys off my back.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Darksiders I guess, I actually read the book of revelations, the whole biblical apocalypse theme appeals to me and it was quite enjoyable to read.

I dont have a ps3 so no GoW3 for me, although I never played the first two either, Dante's Inferno was pretty tight control wise in the demo, although I do wish you could've played it on ultra hard, eh maybe I'll read the divine comedy afterward. Bayonetta I'm currently downloading the demo for.

run_forrest_run said:
I guess Darksiders shouldn't be on this list. At least It'll get some fanboys off my back.
I think you're confusing "fanboy" with people who're calling you out on being an ass.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Tied for first place are Dante's Inferno and God of War III. Though if I was pressed to pick, Dante's Inferno leads by one billionth of a point. Darksiders come second, and quite frankly it looks awesome. Bayonetta, I think I'll wait for the price to drop.

EDIT: Reading a lot of responses before mine heavy with flamebait and bile. Can we please keep it civil guys. We don't want this thread locked, do we?

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
I think I'm going to leave the cunts on this page to burn each other up while I piss off cause quite frankly I can't be arsed with this anymore.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I want GOW:III but I guess we all want what we can't have, I want Darksiders because it is about war, but probably of the ones I can have I want Bayonetta because is was made by the people who made devil may cry

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Psychosocial said:
Even if you don't consider your taste to be absolute, and even if you think others are being similarly douchey to you. You were the only one to call out everyone with a differing opinion, saying that they had terrible taste. I probably sound like some morale zealot right now, but it's not that fucking hard to just not be a douchebag.
Yeah, I get it, all of the personal insults and swearing in this thread are fine but saying that Dante's Inferno is in bad taste and the marketing is crass is crossing some line and makes me a "douche." Or maybe I am a douche for talking back to someone as important as you. Either way, I'm not particularly impressed.

Pyotr Romanov

Jul 8, 2009
I liked the Dante's Inferno demo, and it looks like there are lots of combo's and moves to buy. But I really hate it when games feel that restricted in terms of environment. On the graveyard, for example: A wall that's about as a high as your knee is impossible to jump over?! What the hell...
I haven't played the GoW 3 demo, as the collection isn't out in europe / might not be out yet at all, but for some reason I'm not too excited about GoW3, I'm more looking forward to the collection itself.
For some reason Darksiders looks "meh" to me, so the game I'm looking forward to most would be Bayonetta.