Poll: The DeathNote

Viivrabe

Sep 24, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
I'd personally use it to kill whoever writes anime as shitty as that. Anime is only good when it's completely fucking idiotic and it knows that it is.
have you watched the live action, you cant complain about it because its technically not anime any more.

and besides how is anime any different than other forms of story telling media? books, live action tv shows , movies, comic books "graphic novels".

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Light started off with the right intentions, but went about it in all the wrong way. The power corrupted him, and he paid for it.
I quite like the irony of him becoming the very thing he seeks to destroy...

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
There's a space between Death and Note, you know.

[http://img402.imageshack.us/i/deathnotel.jpg/]

Nitpicks aside, yeah, Light was a cock. Good intentions and all, but no man has the right to decide who lives or dies.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Sewblon said:
Well he did end up using it to kill more than one person who hadn't done anything wrong, so it was bad.
were they truly innocent? they wanted to stop Kira. if Kira was stopped, crime would return to normal. if crime were to return to normal, many innocent people would suffer and die. so their actions would result in all that death and suffering of innocent people.

Aug 25, 2009
No single human being should ever hold the ultimate power of life and death over anyone he so chose.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Viivrabe said:
tellmeimaninja said:
I'd personally use it to kill whoever writes anime as shitty as that. Anime is only good when it's completely fucking idiotic and it knows that it is.
have you watched the live action, you cant complain about it because its technically not anime any more.

and besides how is anime any different than other forms of story telling media? books, live action tv shows , movies, comic books "graphic novels".
"Because it's all stupid cartoons that you realize are crap when you turn 14" says my straw anime basher. Seriously though, while I agree with you, anime bashing seems to be a thing here. Thankfully though, we also have a large anime fans group. Care to join?

On topic, wasn't the point of the series that nobody has the right to judge who lives or dies and that power corrupts?

Edit:
tellmeimaninja said:
Because I have yet to watch an anime with a decent story. And no, Live action does not save it from being retarded.
I think we've been over this before but the quoting didn't work: what anime have you seen?

Also, I recall you saying somewhere else that some friends recommended Gurren Lagann. Since you seem to like FLCL and it's by the guys who made it, I'd say take their advice, it's insane and great.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
It was just bad.

Once Light ditched the Death Note it got silly, I gave up on it & anime as a whole.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
I have mixed feelings. I like the idea of the Deathnote, but feel that it was, or could become, unjust. Regardless, I was very much in support of Light in the beginning, but (as was probably intended) I became frustrated w/ him as the series went on.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
It was wrong of him; no human being has the right to decide who deserves to die.

Viivrabe

Sep 24, 2009
Mad World said:
It was wrong of him; no human being has the right to decide who
\

not true every human being is capable of taking life, and thus deciding who deserves to die.
the question is who is justified in the act and who is not.

self defense
betrayal/ vengeance
a chance to get ahead
fore a cause (be it for country, religion, freedom etc.)

which are good reasons, which reasons are bad, and which are good enough?

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
If he were truly a hero, he wouldn't ever need to kill a cop. Unless they were a dirty cop. But nonetheless, how can they seek to arrest him if they die of a heart attack?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I don't like how there are only two choices. I would prefer to be in Ryuk's shoes, merely enjoying the spectacle of it all.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
tthor said:
my question is, what do you think of the main character Yagami Light? is he the hero? or is he the villian?
The third option, "antihero."

That's what I think he is, anyway.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
The Deathnote was a necessary evil. Granted I didn't like the method or part of the result. However, it would be a step in the right direction.

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
He's more of an anti-hero by today's modern standards, I wouldn't call him a hero or villain.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
I think the main point of the series was to point out that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and that L is one crazy son of a *****. So yeah, even the show paints Light as the villain.

I simultaneously hate and adore this Anime.
I'll assume the hatred stems from Death Note Syndrome [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=death+note+syndrome]?

OT: I'll love DN till the day I die.
The absolute genius of the writing comes from the fact that, there is no good or evil. Merely shades of gray.

Light Yagami is a killer with good intentions, nothing more. He had his heart in the right place, but power corrupts even the strongest of hearts.