Poll: The Draft

hippykiller

Dec 28, 2008
lets say your country went to War, and the draft was instated, and you yourself was drafted. would you willingly go to fight for your country or hide or run?

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
but mostly i would end up doing office work, given i have a back problem i would not be ellegible to fight

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I would go but hopefully I will have a job that requires me to stay because who needs a wimp at war? Unless i'm sniping:)

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
I'm too young to get drafted but even now im thinking about the military, so id probably go.

Of course it also matters who im fighting.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
HentMas said:
but mostly i would end up doing office work, given i have a back problem i would not be ellegible to fight
I have a relatively mild form of autism so I may be in the same boat. I've been turned down by recruiters because of this but I'm always looking for the next opportunity to enlist. Maybe a draft would be my chance?

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I would probably volunteer before i was called up. Any war where conscription becomes necessary is most likely to be very large scale and most likely a threat to my country (at least for us english types. We all remember vietam now dont we. Thousands of people called up for a war that didnt really concern america. Its only under circumstances like that i would run. But i doubt the British Govt would ever do that) (

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
depends on what the politicians were trying to achieve in the war. (falklands, im looking at you.)

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
I would probably volunteer before i was called up. Any war where conscription becomes necessary is most likely to be very large scale and most likely a threat to my country (at least for us english types. We all remember vietam now dont we. Thousands of people called up for a war that didnt really concern america. Its only under circumstances like that i would run. But i doubt the British Govt would ever do that) (
It also generally means the war is not going very well, and probability is high that you're going to die. I guess the real question is, are borders and ways of life as important as losing your life? I guess you really need to look at your options. For instance, china decides to take over america. Pretty drastic change in governing body, but is it worth dying for? Nah I don't think so. Now you'll just have a new government pushing you around and telling you what to do.

Alien overlords decide its time to destroy earth or at the very least enslave its inhabitants? Yeah that's probably worth fighting for. Unless of course... they happen to be an alien race of hot amazonian women, and by enslave they mean use the males as breeders. I'd surrender for that shit.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
I would take advantage of my dual citizenship and run to Israel to avoid.. being... drafted. Hm. I might need to change that plan a little bit.
Depends on the war. Most likely, I would respond to the draft, despite the pleas from my mother.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Either hope I'm physically and mentally unfit for duty or join the Air Force. With the latter I'll at least be in a branch I like and work with advanced military technology.