Poll: The Four Temperaments: which one are you?

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
Old Father Eternity said:

TehCookie said:
I'm sorry to hear about your fahter.

It makes a differneces if someone actually thinks you have the psyche of a killer or is just exaggerating, in the first instance hes most likely afraid, while in the second he just doesn't understand you. That are two entirely different social situations and would require entierly different approaches if you would have any goal in those.

-

Again to both:

So last few questions, I promise. First, do you never feel lonely? Second, would you say you are a happy person and I mean that as do you feel good and content most of the time.

The thing I always think of first when people tell me they are introverted or even anti-social is that life is so much more easy if you are good with people. I assume we can agree on that. You can get people to give you what you want, friends will help you with all sorts of problems etc. etc.

I have a friend who could be described as anti-social too, he just dislikes most people and is annoyed by them, but he goes through the motions and learned how to make people like him and manipulate them just so he can use them as recourses if the need arises.
Have you ever thought of doing something like that to make your lifes easier?

Gauntlets28

Aug 2, 2013
I'm very much melancholic. I thought I was, and the test confirmed it. A friend once told me I'd make a good protagonist for a gothic novel. So that's when I started trying to create a monster from old corpses.

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
Chris Tian said:
While 'going through the motions' has its uses, manipulation does not work for all, although skills of observation have come in quite handy.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
The test says sanguine, but I definitely think I'm melancholic as I'm a huge introvert and have been all my life.

Skoosh

Jun 19, 2009
Descriptions don't seem to work for me, I'm definitely a combination of them. Suppose it depends on my environment somewhat.

Test said Choleric though. Personality quizzes are always fun, even if they are pretty silly.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Chris Tian said:
The thing I always think of first when people tell me they are introverted or even anti-social is that life is so much more easy if you are good with people. I assume we can agree on that. You can get people to give you what you want, friends will help you with all sorts of problems etc. etc.

I have a friend who could be described as anti-social too, he just dislikes most people and is annoyed by them, but he goes through the motions and learned how to make people like him and manipulate them just so he can use them as recourses if the need arises.
If only I was as good with people as I am with computers, I think life would be so much easier.

Can I reroll my starting stats? Can I respec? I am too smart and too pragmatic for my own good. Oh well...

piinyouri said:
--That was a bit more insightful and accurate than I thought it might be, thank you OP. : )
Your welcome.

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
I can see a little bit of everything in me, but I got the same result as OP: I think I'm more Melancholic, but the test said I'm Phlegmatic.
Unfortunately, I can easily describe myself as lazy. I'm changing my behavior one step at a time, though. ^_^ I'll get there eventually, or learn to accept my laziness better.

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
4RM3D said:
If only I was as good with people as I am with computers, I think life would be so much easier.

Can I reroll my starting stats? Can I respec? I am too smart and too pragmatic for my own good. Oh well...
Thats a learnable skill, just like I could learn to be better with computers if I wished. Its not something you either can or can not do. So while you cant respec, you can level up and put points into that skill. You dont even need so many points, meaning its not all that hard.

If you really think it would enhance your life and you want to be better with people you should learn that. I would gladly pm you some tips and suggestions for books that are worth reading on that matter.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
It's interesting - I've taken this quiz and variations thereof and forced my friends to participate and we each manage to get a different humour though I guess melancholic is coveted by the "introverted, sad people on the internet who hide behind their computer screens wondering why they don't have any friends oh wait it's because they're introverted also people are stupid" - though I think the term "introvert" has been lost over the years from "someone who likes spending time by themselves" to "shy and anti-social".

That is to day, I myself have always been a melancholic - detail oriented, moody, don't like putting up with people's crap, etc - but I think to each their own; it's all REALLY a matter of perspective and no amount of testing can tell you what you are instead of what you think you are. I'm somewhat envious of sanguine people myself, but I don't wish at all that I WERE one xD I have my couple of friends and everything's hokey pokey.

INTP, Melancholic, blah blah blah it's a quiz and they're fun to take as long as you don't put TOO much thought into them; just one person's thoughts on other people and one can agree or disagree - heck, for all we know, that one guy who's a sanguine might just be a choleric in denial because he put answers he WANTED :p I dunno, it's a rickety bridge at best and it's just good to keep that in mind before taking everything too seriously~

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
The test gave me a result of...Sanguine? wtf? xD Melancholic seemed much more apt.

Sociable, charismatic, constantly making new friends and boisterous are terms that really don't apply to me.
I lack self confidence, am very self conscious to the point im rather skilled at shaming myself for perceived social faux pas, whilst i can be charming when i'm comfortable with the people around me, such occasions are rare and i tend to shut down completely the more people i'm surrounded by.
About the only thing from the description i can kinda relate to is having difficulty finishing tasks that i started+an optimistic outlook...for other people, cos i'm very negative when it comes to my own self.

So yeh the test kinda failed with me imo. Though in retrospect... I guess i might be a closet sanguine, it's just my mental health issues distorting the way i act and view myself.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
everyone is all of them, but if I have to choose one, I'm Donatello, not Raphael, Leonardo or Michelangelo

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Sanguine acording to the test... Although a lot of it is right on the money, there are several claims that do not fit at all. Same goes for the other 3, some bits and pieces fit while others dont. Seems a lot like a horoscope to me really, just very general claims that is true for a majority of people.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Melancholic as predicted. Although I am probably less cautious and considerate and more determined/leaderly in my task-doing, but I am efficient, introverted and somewhat creative, so seems to be alright.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
I see myself as Phlegmatic, but the test put me as Choleric, and from the description it sounds NOTHING like me. Dunno how I ended up with it.