Poll: The Halo series have average single-players with solid multiplayer.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Campaign is fun, average but fun, especially with 4 player online co-op. I played Halo 3 campaign more (time spent, not number of times beaten it) in 2 months than I did any other FPS campign (including Half-Life 1 and 2) over their lifetime and I continue to play it here and there. Halo 3 also has, imo the strongest multiplayer of any FPS as well. I'll note that these threads are pointless. If you hate Halo 3, then don't play it, for those who do, they'll play it until either it dies (it'll take a LONG time to do so) or they do, no one really changes their opinion based on others. So please stop with these.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Halo is not as hated as it appears here, just as Half Life is not as loved as it appears, the crazies are just more noticeable.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I find that Halo is actually pretty solid and that it's ironic because people hate it for it's popularity, but quite a few only hate it because it is so hated. It's a popularity wormhole!

Also, I find the multiplayer pretty solid because I really can't think of another game that has more multiplayer modes and options that let you edit the game you are going to play. I would look at the series better if they did the same with the map editor.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
Halo's single-player is awesome, because it's not single-player; it's co-op.

The multi-player is meh... Perhaps it can be pretty fun if play it LAN.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Can't speak for parts 2 or 3, but Halo 1 had a sub-par singleplayer campaign.

The multiplayer wasn't for me, but my brother seemed to like it.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Why with all the Halo hate threads? This topic is getting very old. That being said:
Naeo said:
Halo CE had way better campaign than multiplayer.
True. It seemed like they switched the focus for 2 and 3, though. I suspect that's because Xbox Live wasn't up and running when CE came out, so their priority was the single player. After that, though, the campaign always seemed to be playing second fiddle. It still wasn't bad, but it was always very clear that Bungie cared much more about multiplayer.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I'm not going to make fun of halo and it's Multiplayer. The Multiplayer is proably one of the best parts of the game and is proably the only reason it is still being played but take this from somebody who came here from the Bungie website. It's community is proably one of the worst and most immature.

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
Every FPS game should screw the story and just pit us against each other shooting. Most wouldn't notice the difference lol.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Sigh. It's too bad that other thread was locked already. I could have re-used a good rant on this thread, too. After all, rehashing ideas is apparently the best way to communicate.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Your first post was just to point out how you are one of the Halo fans I hate? If it were up to me, Halo would not even HAVE multiplayer other than co-op campaign.