Poll: The last time you watched MTV?

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
I just finished watching the latest "No Right Answer" and it made me want to pose this question to the community.... By watched I mean AT LEAST half an episode of something, and post what it was.

For me It was within the last 3 months, I put it on hoping against hope it would have something good, but no I ended up watching 20 minutes of "Teen Mom"...... What Music? Since then I have pretty much decided to give up on the channel completely until I hear about some drastic change.

Now, if I watch music television it is on VH1 Classic.

I LOVE THAT I HAVE THAT CHANNEL.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Oh god it's been years. MTV sucks now but I used to watch Pimp My Ride a bit when I was younger.

I mean I may have watched an episode or two of South Park but that's not exclusive to MTV so it doesn't really count.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
....The last time I watched MTV?

When the focus was still on music. It's been a long time.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Don't remember the last time I watched it. Not the same channel it used to be :'(

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Eclpsedragon said:

Same here - last time I "watched" it was when I flicked there for some music in the room while doing something else in the mean time. I haven't done it lately, because - no music.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Eclpsedragon said:

Truth right here. Of course, they hardly ever played music that I was partial to, I tended to watch VH1 more often. Back when they actually focused on music, too... jeez, whatever happened to actual music television? I used to love watching music videos.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
You know what, fuck it. I watch Jersey Shore, Geordie Shore, Teen Mom AND 16 and Pregnant.

There, I said it.

I feel better.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
The last day of middle school in 2001. It was even a song I think it was by Linkin Park the "Crawling in my skin these wounds they will not heal!" that song. And that tells you how long ago that was.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Fucking ages ago it's shit. I like the Q music channel but that's pretty cap as well, music channels are shit now.

Savo

Jan 27, 2012
Well, I haven't watched the technical channel since I don't get it. However, I have been watching one show: Teen Wolf.

Holy crap this show is good. If you had told me a month or two ago that a MTV show about teenage werewolves was a quality show, I would have laughed in your face. Teen Wolf (somehow) is actually well-acted and pretty well written...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I don't think I've ever watched MTV without someone else in the room having control of the remote. As a kid, I really didn't care for the videos. They were just excruciatingly boring to my cartoon, science fiction, and fantasy addled mind. As an adult, I really couldn't care less about Jersey Shore and what have you, either.

SyFy, on the other hand? Well, look up at the above paragraph. I got my primary fix for two out of the three things I listed there from the Sci-Fi channel. Also, honorable mention to the History channel. Little me who was bored by MTV /loved/ those History channel documentaries. Old me can't stand the alien crap, and only watches Pawn Stars and what have you because TV in general has gotten so full of crap that that's fairly frequently the least smelly piece of crap on the pile. I miss TV channels that picked a niche and catered to it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Over a Year? Try over several years!
I mean I did used to watch it before I went into University (2005) and these days my parent no longer got Sky (the service that let me watch many channels which one of them is MV).

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Never. Every time I glance my brother watching it, I walk out. The shows there just suck from every little snippet I've heard.

ronald1840

Oct 4, 2010
I watched Stevie TV back when it premiered on Sunday nights. I saw the first two episodes and then just faded out of that and MTV in general. Recently though, I'm likin' MTV's Guy code, funny stuff. That's the only thing on that channel I have interest in and make sure to catch it every week. Guy Code Season Two? Oh, hell yeah.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Specifically, the channel MTV that shows no music at all, yeah? Not including MTV2 etc? I think I watched Pimp My Ride a couple of times years ago when there was nothing else on. In terms of music channels, I occasionally put on Kerrang, Q or MTV2 for background music when I have friends round

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I watched a couple of episodes of Awkward. That's a pretty solid show.

I used to watch MTV2 religiously back in middle school when they had Subterranean and the Saturday rock countdown and the one where you voted for the next video and all that. Then MTV2 stopped having videos so I went to Fuse. Then Fuse stopped having videos so I went to IMF. Then IMF stopped having videos so I stopped trying to find videos on TV. Ultimately that was the best choice but I still miss the days of actually being able to watch music videos on TV

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
During channel flicking I sometimes fall in the middle of Pranked, and then I'll watch it.

Happened today.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
The gym where I go to has equipment with TV's, very few interesting channels. If they're showing "The Sub"(?), then I'll watch, just because of Jon Gabrus. Great guy, love his Collegehumor work. Otherwise I'll be doing some organized group like Body Pump or boxing.