Poll: The Mass Effect 3 Deadpool

StreetBushido

Nov 22, 2009
My money is on Shepard him-/herself. It's just a gut feeling, but just the demo gave me the impression that ME3 was a bit of a sombre affair and that Shepard was starting to feel the weight of everything that has happened so far. It somehow feels "right" that Shepard could die at the end, possibly as a player choice.

Also, if they choose to do other things in the Mass Effect universe divorced from Shepard's story, what would they do with him/her? What place would the Commander have? By killing Shepard off they don't have to think about that particular issue. Just put a statue somewhere.

In a way it makes me think of Dragon Age: Origins.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Jack. Jack. Jack. If not, I suppose...fuck, I like the others. But likely...either wrex or garrus as a heroic sacrifice, or Joker to emulate Serenity.

Relaver

Jun 5, 2010
From the title I thought Deadpool was going to be in the game, that would have been cool.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
Under my command, every mission is a suicide mission!

Joking aside, I'm going to find a way to kill off chobot and that douche with the fauxhawk thing. First chance I get, I'm shooting them in the face. Miranda can take one, two or three for the team, I could care less if she dies.
Ashley's life hangs solely on whether or not she apologizes to me for her grumpiness in the second game, and whether or not she reconciles her blatant hatred for alien species.

Everyone else can live or die as they please, so long as I end my game with Garrus, Legion (so I guess as long as the geth survive, his body isn't so important), Joker, Mordin, The black guy from ME2, Zaeed, possibly Thane, and Carth. Ha, just kidding about Carth. I'd like to see him in Mass Effect 3, then we'd really get stuff done.

UltraDeth

Nov 2, 2010
Is this true? Becuase, I really worked hard to make them loyal and I not ready to lose even one yet

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
I never cared for any of the humans, and either Bioware knows it and kills all the cool interplanetary characters so I have to like the human characters, or they continue to make the human characters the main characters featured in the plotline.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Joker: too fan-beloved and awesome to survive the story's conclusion.

That would be pretty messed up, really, but I can see him going down in a blaze of glory with the Normandy. No Shepard to pull you out this time, Jeff.

Sovereign _909

Jul 6, 2010
Ashley Williams/ Kaidan Alenko probably in some sacrificing fashion as the one that died in ME did, problem over guilt of surviving.

aenimau5

Dec 19, 2010
I can't be the only one who clicked on this expecting something about Deadpool. Anyway probably joker or everyone

ultratog1028

Mar 19, 2010
My money is on "character who didn't die in ME1". If ashley died, Kaiden will die. If kaiden died, ashley will die.
And Jacob will die, since the black guy always dies.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Zydrate said:
I think they might kill Joker to give us a Firefly-esque shock.
I'M JUST WATCHING THAT SERIES NOW! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyway, I think that what they'll do, or at least what they should do, is make it so that you can't complete the game without at least say, one or maybe two significant characters dying, but you can control who it is, like with Virmire in ME1.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
It seems to me that the death of any of your squad mates would be a result of your "incompetence" or a hard decision a la Virmire as opposed to just being scheduled to die.

I feel as though someone like Joker or Anderson will be buying the farm. They're important enough that the player would be saddened by their loss but their deaths would not have to be directly attributed to the player's actions.

Who knows, maybe Bioware will go for a good old fashioned "f*** you" and just kill Shepard's love interest, regardless of whom it is. Might as well make the ending to the trilogy bittersweet, eh?

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I hope they'll do something awesome with the Illusive Man, IE: he gets indoctrinated, but at the last second, he helps you destroy the Reapers or something. That or James Vega. He's pretty much the new Kaidan, so if there's a Virmire-esque decision, I know who I'm abandoning.