Poll: The Matrix

Vandy

Apr 18, 2011
Forget a fourth Matrix movie, nothing could save that franchise. Instead, the Wachowski's should concentrate on making a second Speed Racer... unless of course that second Speed Racer is as bad as the second Matrix film. That would be forty cakes terrible.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Don't care too much. I loved the first and didn't like the other two. If they did a forth I would wait to see how it turns out before I decide to see it or not.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
The first one was great, it was fun.
The second one was awful, except when Agent Smith was present, which wasn't very long.
I haven't seen the third one, but it's supposed to be terrible.

I don't trust their judgement on what would be "good", so I'm not looking forward to another release.

But hey, if you guys wanna go see it, that's your decision, so, if I could, I wouldn't stop them from making it, because maybe some of you guys (and perhaps myself) will enjoy it.

Treefingers

Aug 1, 2008
One was already plenty. The damage done by unnecessary films has already been made, so I'm indifferent to a fourth.

Michael Brunson

Jun 4, 2011
I always liked the Matrix movies for the philosophical aspect they contained. Concordantly I've always hoped for a 4th movie because Reloaded and Revolutions always seemed like they were one movie in two parts. Another problem with the two sequels was that they left some questions unanswered vis-a-vis: Why was Neo able to effect the sentinels in the "real" world? Ergo, I would look forward to a fourth movie to tie off some of these plot holes.

Did you see what I did there?

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Depends. If the premise of the fourth film involved completely ret-conning the second and third, or at least just the third, I'm all for it. Revolutions freaking sucked. But part of me also says to just leave it alone; the first is still a sci-fi/action classic and one of the greatest films in either of those genres; let's just let it be. So consider me... conflicted. :/

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
This poll is missing a middle ground option.

I don't think the idea sounds that bad, but I'm not very excited about it either.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
I think there is a rule about movie sequals: the more sequals there are, the more it gets bad.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Part of the problems that 2 to a lesser but still present extent and 3 had is that they were rushed out entirely too fast.

I could see there being room for a 4th installment. Quite frankily you dont even need Keenanunanu for the film either and it might improve greatly.

I mean seriously, The salvation of mankind, and this is the response?

Yeah get me anybody else. Perhaps the franchise can be salvaged.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
I've only seen the first Matrix and I enjoyed it, but I haven't bothered with the other two because if the general consensus of them not being worth it. If there was a fourth, I wouldn't care much one way or the other.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
A CG prequel showing the robot uprising would be cool, but I imagine it would be the exact same story as Metropolis minus the little girl.

Zuljeet

Jan 14, 2010
If they could somehow work out that:
- Neo never left the matrix (explaining all those fun 'how the fuck did he get powers when he's not jacked in?' questions),
- all his buddies/love interests were created solely to give Neo impetus to become "The One" so he could reboot the system cleanly in order to handle all the crap the architect was explaining at the end of Reloaded
This would make it waaaayy easier to handle the existentialist hole the Wachowski brothers dug for themselves and couldn't get out of thereby kicking the legs out from underneath the entire trilogy and leaving that lovely taste of "What the hell just happened?" in the mouths of fans everywhere.

DarkNazgul

Sep 29, 2009
bz316 said:
A fourth Matrix movie?! Good sir, how is this possible there is only one Matrix film? A shame too, just the other evening me and my friends were discussing how awesome it would have been had there been sequels, though we doubted they could match the quality of the first. Ah well, such is life...

PS: Anyone who tries to undue this pleasant hallucination I have on the state of the Matrix franchise will get throat punched through the internets. Be well ^_^
Well I couldn't have said it better.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
The franchise was ruined as soon as they came out with Reloaded, and while there were a few good moments in Revolutions I generally only feel the first movie is still worth watching. I don't see how a fourth movie could make things worse or better and I really don't care either way.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
The first one was all we needed.
The second one had good fight scenes.
The third film was live action DBZ. Done better than the actual DBZ movie by the way.

All in all, meh. It's the Matrix. Long live Eurocentric, pro-Western, Celtic loving Lord of the Rings.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
First, I believe that the rumours of a 4th film are just that: Rumours.

Secondly - the second and third film, despite being mildly entertaining in a pop-corn munching, exploso-rama-fest, shut-your-brain-off-or-it'll-get-hurt manner, were a pale shadow of the first film. A Fourth Film would be very unlikely to salvage the series.

I don't trust the Wachowski brothers, ever since I saw Agent Smith hamming it the hell up with his ridiculous "IT'S NOT FAAAAAIIIIIRRRR!" line at the end of the third film.