Poll: The Most Realistic Game Ever - Would You Play It?

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Sure, I could have a go at all those things that might be cool to try that I'd never do in the real world, like try my hand at bank robbery. Especially if it supports saving / loading. Would be kind of cool to try out life with no regard for consequences of any sort.

Chances are my character would end up dead or in prison in short order, but basically I think it'd end up being a super realistic crime sim.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I would play it like I play the sims. See how many ways I can torture the characters. Though doing it in a realistic game is probably a lot more psychopathic than doing it in the sims.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
As someone who has poured waaaaaaaay too much time into shit like Sims, then I'm going to go with a resounding no. My life is dull enough as it is, without watching it through a screen. Transferring videogame powers through into the real world on t'other hand...

Captcha: I like people. Well good for you Captcha. PS, go fuck yourself.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
No. No matter what game it is, if it goes through real time, where i have to wait hours or even days to travel, or wait, then i would immediately drop the game and return it. Even if it wer a FPS, then it would suck, momentousness ass for the reason of "1 hit your dead" hidden shooters, ambushes, ect. It would not be a very good game concept for most gamers, not even dark souls is that punishing. Besides, we have Arma 2 for that anyways, minus the graphics.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Kind of scary. What if some freak occurrence your mind gets trapped in the game and a glitch or mod happens to change it into a nightmare. Ugh, I don't like to think about that.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
No.

I mean, creating a game to be the very mirror image of real life just defeats the entire point of making a game of it.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Nope, it sounds boring from a design perspective, not necessarily the realism aspect.

Most people want simulated realism, not full realism anyway.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Yes, I would play it a few times just to see what happens and what I can do...

...then wait for the inevitable zombie mod and play the shit out of it. If this game existed and had zombies added to it, I may not have to purchase another video game ever again.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Yeah, sure.

Good way of teaching yourself something difficult and dangerous without risking injury.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
So, essentially, you've just described a hyper-realistic Sims title.

Uh, no. I don't really see how that would be very fun.

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
You do realize that "realistic game" is a contradiction in terms, right? It speaks to a greater problem, though that: realism is not reality.

We only find something fictional "realistic" if it conforms to our preexisting notions of what reality is. Though, often times history and learning serve to shatter those preconceptions. "Realistic" games only serve to reenforce erroneous preconceptions, kind of like "Call of Duty."

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
If I could grand theft auto my way about sure. REAL PHYSICS!

THE_JOKE_KING33

Jul 17, 2012
Mr.K. said:
If I wanted realism I wouldn't be sitting here... and I sure as hell wouldn't be paying $60 for 6 hours of shit that is just outside my bloody door.
^I agree, it sounds boring.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Honestly, I think that playing such a game would officially define you as legally crazy. You go to work (or more likely class) and experience your day-to-day life just so you can come home and play a game that's.....your day to day life.

Wouldn't this mean you could buy the game inside the game and play yourself playing the game? As for everyone saying "I'd play it just to try stuff out and experience it for myself." Well you're limited by what you can do/afford in real life. The only fun that could be had in this game (since you can reload your "character") would be to go straight up GTA and go on a crime spree, seeing how long you could last in "incredibly realistic situations" before your busted or killed. I mean think of how boring the "main questline" would be: go to work/class all day. Come home. Watch a movie. You'd officially be watching yourself live out your life, and I think that if you'd find that entertaining then there's something seriously wrong with you. :p

Edit: Oh, and in order for it to be as realistic as possible, there could be a save-and-quit function, but no straight up save and reload function. If you die, you can never play the game again. If you do go all GTA and go on a crime spree, get caught, convicted, and sent to prison for the rest of your life with a "very friendly" cell mate named Bubba Thunder Crotch, then that's where your character will be until it gets shanked in the showers for being a snitch. :p

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Are you kidding? OF COURSE I WOULD!

How is that not more fantastic or fun than real life? With my real life abilities I could very easily go Grand theft auto on the world... I don't because I have morals. Also I don't want to die or go to jail.

This would let me run around in a game as myself doing whatever I wanted. THAT'S THE VERY DEFINITION OF ESCAPISM.

Butch Deadlift

Apr 9, 2012
Yes, but only to do as much ludicrous GTA-esque shit as possible until my character gets killed. (Which, considering how the real world works, would happen pretty quickly.) That's probably the only fun thing one would be able to do in such a game.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
This whole "SO REALISM" craze is ruining competitive FPS. I'm tired of 2 inch jump height and an emphasis on graphics over gameplay.