Poll: The new Youtube layout!

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
The comments system has been improved, but everything else is worse

EDIT: only 100 posts until I reach 1000!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
It's garbage based on ONE reason, and it's a good one.

The description, before it was off to the side and no one read it making lots of video posters waste their time replying info that's already listed there, now it's even HARDER to find and everyone who pointed/referenced the direction is now incorrect. That's the biggest problem! The description should be obvious and very clear. It wasn't before and it caused problems and now it's even less so.

The like or dislike thing I kinda like...I mean honestly, what did you give most videos? 1 OR 5 stars I'd imagine, that's what I did anyway.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
demoman_chaos said:
I know, quite a few of which I've seen were removed.
Yes, it seems Youtube has gotten too corporate for the 'you' part. More like 'you, but with our approval and after our parters get to go first'.

Woodscare

of Awesometon
Sep 18, 2009
I hate it, i really wish they would change it back or make something better. I am hoping for the former

Arashiofordo3

Mar 19, 2010
I have to agree, its utter shite, and although I like the addition of a bar which brings up a list of your subscribed videos, it hasn't worked any of the times I've clicked on it. At all.

Ah Youtube, screwing over your users time and time again. Just so you can push your 'featured videos' which no one wants. Dammit google! Leave youtube alone and destroy your other websites which I don't care about, let me watch my video's in piece!!

NeoNexus

Apr 3, 2010
I don't like it... Especially the randomness of the things people will thumbs up. Youtube was always a little messed up though.

Edit: Off topic a little but oh yeah, the copyright nazi-ing. They took down a lot of my favorite parody videos or muted them, even messed with some of the videos I added. Screw you google!

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I was hoping it was part of their April Fool's day thing. I wish they had kept the option for lettered videos, but got rid of the new interface.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
King of the Sandbox said:
demoman_chaos said:
I know, quite a few of which I've seen were removed.
Yes, it seems Youtube has gotten too corporate for the 'you' part. More like 'you, but with our approval and after our parters get to go first'.
It is ALL about the partners. Why? The advertisements which have gradually become more obnoxious. I could stand the pop-up things that would pop-up during the video, but overlay ads make me want to puke. I have to wait for my internet to load a video about some nonsense I don't care about before I can begin to load what I am after.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
It's terribly inconvenient. Do you think they enjoy pissing us off?

[sub]Wait a sec, I might be on to something here...[/sub]

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Terrible, much worse quality, how can they go backwards?! Money problems to improve?! Got lazy?! I would much prefer to see the old youtube.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
I remember making a thread about this a while back. But I'm no nazi so I don't care :p But yeah, I hatehateHATE the new youtube layout. It's so A)Douchey and B)Undeniably difficult to manage. What the hell happened to the favourite button?

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Stranger 517 said:
A few days ago, Youtube changed the layout in which we see their videos, mostly the comments section and info about the videos. At first I thought it might be an April Fools joke, but I soon realized that it wasn't. So I was curious how others felt about this important issue! Or if I'm the only one who cares because other people have lives and don't spent their time on Youtube...
Dude, if you're noticing the visual characteristics of the website, you are watching some BOOORING videos.

Anyways, the only thing they really changed is that now you have the ability to increase the screen size for some of the bigger videos. The visual changes are minor at most.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
This guy does a lot of ODD videos. This is one of his many (I personally enjoy his affiliation with gorgeous tiny chicken machine show). Oddity asside, it's commentary on the layout. :)