Poll: The World Needs a Pokémon MMO

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
I'm not even a huge Pokémon fan but the potential here is incredible. An expansive world full of different habitats and locations to find common and rare Poke'mon, various gyms scattered across the world, amazing pvp potential. The list goes on!

If it were to ever become a reality, what would you like to see (or not see)?

Note: I'm well aware that Nintendo would never attempt making a PC game, let alone an MMO. This is just for fun.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
The humble GameBoy version Pokemon was good enough for me.
Nothing beats going back to your roots.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
The have all they need for PvP already.

http://shoddybattle.com/

All the online battles you want, without any of the grind.

^=ash=^

Sep 23, 2009
I used to be a massive pokemon fan, not so much now, i got to gold / silver / crystal and thought it was great then lost interest in the newer versions, but an mmo of say the original 151 (i think) would be epic.

El_Moss

Jul 21, 2009
I don't know if I would play it or not because I have a dislike for the cost of MMOs but it would be amazing.

Onyx Oblivion said:
The have all they need for PvP already.

http://shoddybattle.com/

All the online battles you want, without any of the grind.
There are a few sites like that but a Pokemon MMO like WoW or something, lots of places to adventure, obviously more than 8 gyms... Real-time battling? I've always thought that real-time Pokemon battling would be awesome... :p

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
All the expansion ideas are all set out and ready as well, raids would be like the movie. SO MUCH POTENTIAL! I would buy it.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
It's a good idea, but there are Pok&eacute;mon players (or "trainers", if you prefer) who take things <url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StopHavingFunGuys>a little too seriously, which can alienate people who are just playing it because they enjoy it.
You do get that in every MMOG, but Pok&eacute;mon deserves special mention - I doubt the soundness of the mind of someone who reloads over and over to get a shiny legendary (a 1 in 8192 chance) only to discard it because it doesn't have the right nature.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
I'd play a trial. It would be good as long as they kept the focus on the Pokémon and not the people. This is the progressively worsening problem with the series, and the reason why the first gen is the only one worth playing.

Rhade

Jan 2, 2010
World of Pokecraft! Now with 16, 987 new terrifyingly ugly/cutesy reduntantass knockoffs of existing ones!

z0nbie

Jan 20, 2009
I've never played a poke'mon game before but i'm fully aware of how it works and whatnot. I think the style of the game would make for a differant/unique MMO. You can run around with a few friends into uncharted area's to catch creatures then battle them with your friends and others... sounds fun and might even get me into it

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hiphophippo said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ryuk2 said:
3D single player open world game first.
So, you want something like "The Poke Scrolls 3: Johto"?
I...yes. Yes, I do want that. I didn't know that I wanted that until you jested but I believe I do.
How would it play? Pokemon is turn based, and wouldn't convert well to real time. Fast pokemon would have massive advantages.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Shift into a turn based mode for combat I suppose. Holy shit, cel shade those damn graphics, turn based combat in an open world engine.

I would love this.