Poll: The World Needs a Pokémon MMO

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hiphophippo said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ryuk2 said:
3D single player open world game first.
So, you want something like "The Poke Scrolls 3: Johto"?
I...yes. Yes, I do want that. I didn't know that I wanted that until you jested but I believe I do.
How would it play? Pokemon is turn based, and wouldn't convert well to real time. Fast pokemon would have massive advantages.
...That'd be really cool, actually. It could shift from the trainers prespective to the Pokemon's on the start of battle. Having a Butterfree or a Pidgeotto would be epic. and the TM's and HM's would be awesome! Swimming across ocean's on the back of a Bastoise, or flying between towns on a Charzard!

Someone needs to make this.

MonkeySlayer

Feb 13, 2008
Great idea, provided the balance is right, giving speed vs strength an even chance.

Also sorry to be a pedant but to get the é for Pokémon, it's ctrl+alt+e.

Take it easy

Dungus

Nov 18, 2009
Only thing is, what would be endgame content? all your pokemon are lvl 100, dueling with other lvl 100's isn't that exciting, and there is no next level.

But if it would come out I'd play without thinking.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Hell yes. You could play as the pokemon. The classes would be the different element-types, and at a certain level you could get a second type. You have to form a party with other pokemon in order to beat gym leaders and the pokemon league. Once you beat them... you get to take on Ash? I don't know.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
a pokemon mmo would be awesome.
turn based combat is not a problem, look at atlantica online for a working example.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
I don't even like Pokemon, or MMO's, but the thought of a Pokemon MMO is actually strangely appealing. I think it is a really good idea.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Dungus said:
Only thing is, what would be endgame content? all your pokemon are lvl 100, dueling with other lvl 100's isn't that exciting, and there is no next level.

Well, they can add raids I guess, for unlocking moves or something. Like the movie with Lugia and the 3 islands, they could make that a raid. 3bosses then at the end 3bosses at the same time on the frozen water with Lugia helping.

Relisys

Apr 14, 2009
TBH i like the pokemon games but one thing that buged me was the leveling system, i would love to see a game where the pokemon's stats and moves are effected by training and a bit of choice rather than at "lvl.X" you can learn move "y" but more like you train speciality moves that help you learn better similar moves, like in that MMORPG with 6 factions and if you do missions for one faction you get experience/respect with them, but more like you get exp in a certain move type for taking down pokemon with that type of move... i'm thinking too far into now aren't i

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Dungus said:

Maybe the Pokemon could evolve into Half Humans, half Pokemon deity kinda things, who would ascend and either fight on the side of justice or Evil. Its like... you are raising the Pokemon so that they can become Deities, kinda. That would eliminate the problem, and add an interesting dynamic to the game.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
^=ash=^ said:
I used to be a massive pokemon fan, not so much now, i got to gold / silver / crystal and thought it was great then lost interest in the newer versions, but an mmo of say the original 151 (i think) would be epic.
quite i agree