Poll: The X-Bone

May 29, 2011
Oh Microsoft, you so silly.

So with most of the properties of the new grand gaming console for the new grand generation revealed I'm curious as to how many people Microsoft managed to scare off with their bullshit.

Leave some form of explanation for your answer if you feel like it. Or don't. See if I care.

Dec 14, 2009
Sure, another Xbone thread, why not, it'a not like we've had eleventy thousand of these already ¬_¬

OT: Unless they essentially overhaul the whole thing, which I'm doubtful of, I won't be getting one.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
PC gamer here, what reason would I or anyone else have to get one of those damn things.... It's ludicrous

MrWunderful

Filthy Console Peasant
May 27, 2013
Was going to get it and still probably am, depending on e3 and what else develops.

For the record "Xbone" was funny at first- now it just sounds childish.

Rylee Fox

Queen of Light
Aug 3, 2011
I was forced to switch to pc gaming myself a couple of years ago after playing consoles my whole life. Not having any place to actually put the consoles tends to do that. However even if I could still play consoles, I would never buy this console. I did not buy an Xbox, I did not buy a 360, and I will not buy this one either. I will never buy a console that microsoft made. Of course the unveiling of it just made me not want it even more than I already didn't.

Now this won't stop me from playing games on the thing if I encounter one. I've finished a couple of Xbox and 360 games.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It must connect to the internet to function. It must utilize the Kinect to function. It punishes people who buy games used, borrow games from friends or indeed, play a game with too many people watching. It can't work with older tech (be it 360 or Original Xbox software/accessories). The first three are definite deal breakers for me and the backwards compatibility, while not a deal-breaking issue, definitely sours me on the console as a whole.

I've spent the past week playing Crimson Skies, Fable: The Lost Chapters and, Mechassault. I anticipate Microsoft won't be using two of those at its upcoming E3 conference and even if Fable 4 does everything Fables 1 through 3 claimed it still won't be enough to make me look any more kindly upon the console.

Sep 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Sure, another Xbone thread, why not, it'a not like we've had eleventy thousand of these already ¬_¬
eleventy thousand....?!?

*not sure if legit brit word or made up word...*

OT: Didn't care for it before hand, i have my pc for just about anything the xbox will have, and as confirmed after the preview, my money is better spent elsewhere

*gleams at the radeon 7950 like a fat kid in front of a candy store*

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
The gripes are not new with this (which I will never call X-Bone, seriously even X-Boned or XB-owned are less cringeworthy).

Let's see, demanding Gold subscription for things that should be free, abusive DLC, buggy games, price-gouging, hardware failures (not to mention the noise), obnoxious focus on media...

About the nicest improvement they've made is to kill Live points. But oh, they've gone ahead and patented television achievements, in case you wanted to show off what a couch potato you really are to your friends/family.

As if it can sense the none of that I'm having for whatever ungodly price they'll demand for their TV box, MS has foreseen people like me that look for ways to care less about their idiotic paradigms and spent a billion USD (literally) securing exclusive titles for launch. They don't know who they are dealing with, though. I didn't even like spending 60 bucks on summer clothing I needed yesterday. I basically rate this console lower than $7 shorts.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Never planned on getting it, but at least now I can straight out laugh at it.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Nope. I was never interested in the X1. I most likely never will be. Far as I'm personally concerned. I'll stick with my Wii U for a few years. If I get anything else, it'll be a PS4. Even then, I'm not likely to get a PS4, either.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
There was never a possible reality where I would have bought the next Xbox console, but the presentation makes me feel more justified in my position.

Ultimately though Xboxen doing badly is bad for everyone, even people who don't buy it. Microsoft's success creates competition which forces other companies to work harder to compete, if it fails Sony and Nintendo will have less pressure to do well. It also provides games which get ported over to other consoles and PC.

edit: It seems weird to ask if we were going to get it before the presentation, seeing as how nobody knew anything about it then

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
OlasDAlmighty said:
Ultimately though Xboxen doing badly is bad for everyone, even people who don't buy it. Microsoft's success creates competition which forces other companies to work harder to compete, if it fails Sony and Nintendo will have less pressure to do well. It also provides games which get ported over to other consoles and PC.
If the "less pressure" translates into "less exclusives, and just working on making the console itself sell on its own merits", I'd call that a good thing. But the cynical git I em, I don't think it's the exclusives that would be cut back on.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
I never considered it. Microsoft would have needed to be pretty dazzling to get me on board. They're a shitty company and they would have screwed over their customers somewhere along the line. Their conference just gave everyone a preview of exactly how much screwing was going to happen. It was polite of them I guess

MrWunderful said:
Was going to get it and still probably am, depending on e3 and what else develops.

For the record "Xbone" was funny at first- now it just sounds childish.
You're new here and I feel like every time I see you post you say something positive about Xbox. I hope whatever you choose ends up working out for you

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I am a console gamer, as having a gaming PC just isn't feasible in my current living situation. The Xbox 360 is my main console because that's the console I got first during the last generation, but I have a PS3 and a Wii as well. I have enough money that I could reasonably afford both consoles, if not immediately then within a year of their release.

Prior to the announcement, I planned on getting both the new Xbox and the PS4. Now? No. I'm probably not going to get the Xbone.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
If there's no back-compatability then I'm sticking with my 360. This console gen has been too long too just give up on and most of the new features seem overrated.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
badgersprite said:
I am a console gamer, as having a gaming PC just isn't feasible in my current living situation.
You know, there's these things they call laptops. They're really good...

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
MorphingDragon said:
badgersprite said:
I am a console gamer, as having a gaming PC just isn't feasible in my current living situation.
I have a laptop. It's not high-end enough to handle gaming.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
badgersprite said:
MorphingDragon said:
badgersprite said:
I have a laptop. It's not high-end enough to handle gaming.
Well then use the money you would normally use for buying consoles to buy a more powerful laptop.

I don't see what's not to get here. >.>

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
I`m still on the fence with both consoles and still waiting for the bad surprises Sony might have in mind. IF they screw up i`m going to get a nice capable pc. Otherwise i´m hoping they (Sony) won´t suck since i like their exclusives. So far Microsoft lost me as a customer and they did a great job on keeping it this way.

Edit: with all those xboxone threads popping up i got reminded of ME3. Funny if Microsoft would use this for twisted advertising too. (most talked of cosole of 2013...)