Poll: To Cheat Or Not To Cheat

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
I usually cheat on single player games after the first play through, and even then only up to a point, I'm not going to activate god mode but given the chance I'll take infinite ammo.

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
Pumpkin_Eater said:
KaZZaP said:
PezNic said:
U dont get better by cheating
I have a character in Oblivion that can jump from Bruma to the Imperial City that would say different.
Strong character =\= good player.
Well I also have a character with all stats 100 by getting +5 for everything every time (except luck, damn that stat) and getting +5 every time is no simple task.

slxiii

Sep 17, 2008
makes no difference at all in single player. if you have more fun cheating or glitching, go ahead

Ezzay

Feb 28, 2009
Never if its the first time I have played the game, only once I finish it would I consider going back and messing around with cheats. Even then I mostly don't bother with them anyway, its more fun to actually Play the Game.

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
same here. never on the first playthrough, but if i find them i'll try and remember them. i feel that once i've played through the game once, i feel that i shouldn't have to do the full slog

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
I'm the sinner with the heart of gold. I always cheat in SP if possible, and for me it only adds a level of comedy to a game. I love using cheats in the original FEAR ,those being god, poltergeist [think notarget in a steam game], gear [adds health, armor, and slowmo], and I believe tears which gives every weapon. Then watch as the replicas freak out in slowmo as I blow them up, cut body parts off, and beat them to a pulp. Now while I do this in any SP that will let me, I never ever cheat in multiplayer unless we all are and we are friends. I am a damn fine gamer if I do say so myself, though I am by no means a pro I can hold my own in a firefight and in team based games (Battlefield 2) I play as the necessary but under-appreciated medic.

jimBOFH

Nov 15, 2008
For the lulz? Of course. To try something not really possible without cheating? Yes. To beat a bug in the game? Yes. Sadistically hard game design- I've done it once or twice, if I just wanted to get on with the story. But just finishing a game relying on cheats other than the above? No, there's no point.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
mALX said:
I used the duplication glitch in Oblivion to fill up Cloud Ruler Temple with watermelons.
Everybody should do that at least once. I crashed my xbox drowing people in swords.

Jul 9, 2008
mALX said:
In a single player game would you ever try a cheating glitch?

My answer is: never on the first playthrough, I like to know I don't need to use them. Later games - Yes, I like to try them all out to see if they work, and to have some fun trying different things out.
I love how you have a complex answer, but you made the poll a binary yes/no.

Anyway, I often do it on subsequent playthroughs, often alternating with regular playthroughs. For example, I did a regular playthrough of Jedi Outcast on Jedi difficulty. Then I did a cheat one on Jedi Knight, then a regular one on Jedi Knight, then a cheat one on Jedi Master, then a regular one on Jedi Master. Whether it's a cheat run or not, though, I always use Dismemberment Mode, as it's just a cosmetic change :)

mALX

Feb 11, 2009
Knight Templar said:
mALX said:
I used the duplication glitch in Oblivion to fill up Cloud Ruler Temple with watermelons.
Everybody should do that at least once. I crashed my xbox drowing people in swords.
Lol, I'd like to see the vid of that one!

mALX

Feb 11, 2009
orannis62 said:
mALX said:
In a single player game would you ever try a cheating glitch?

My answer is: never on the first playthrough, I like to know I don't need to use them. Later games - Yes, I like to try them all out to see if they work, and to have some fun trying different things out.
I love how you have a complex answer, but you made the poll a binary yes/no.

Anyway, I often do it on subsequent playthroughs, often alternating with regular playthroughs. For example, I did a regular playthrough of Jedi Outcast on Jedi difficulty. Then I did a cheat one on Jedi Knight, then a regular one on Jedi Knight, then a cheat one on Jedi Master, then a regular one on Jedi Master. Whether it's a cheat run or not, though, I always use Dismemberment Mode, as it's just a cosmetic change :)
I voted yes, but thought I should explain it. It's fun sometimes to cheat just to see how you can alter things, or just to have fun. I made a 100% chameleon outfit in Oblivion and sneaked inside every house and castle - just to see what they had in there, see if there was anything interesting. Other than a couple love notes, there really wasn't. The coolest thing I did was to use that chameleon outfit and got the Bleak Mine guards chasing me, then ran thru three Oblivion gates. You have to wait inside the gates for them to follow, so you get to see what the Daedra do with their time when they don't know you are there. It was great, they patrol a beat just like cops, and when anyone nears the gate (you know how the sky gets red outside the gate) - well inside the gate it gets really dark, so you know they are near. They can't see you, but their AI is trained to follow you anyway. They are very tough, and can easily beat the Daedra, so you have to stay just a little bit ahead of them, or they will nail you. I had a gate crashing around me and heard a sword being pulled out, and when the gate finished crashing I was cut all up, my health low. He must have beat the heck out of my while the gate was crashing! I had to run to the next gate trying to heal up on the way to stay alive - it was a Blast!

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Some cheats are perfectly alright in my opinion (such as those that give you funky colours, funny noises, uber blood/gore mode etc.).

There are also cheats that can just ruin the game (such as invincability, ghost mode, fire/1 hit kill ammo from RF2) and make it too pathetically easy.

Gaz_mcMillan

Jan 31, 2009
I would cheat if was bored out of my bloody mined but most of the time I will not because that completely defeats the purpose of he game I the first place.

Keisuke Zero

Mar 8, 2009
mALX said:
Pretty much sums it up for me...

Tesgami

Mar 22, 2009
The only time I cheat is when it's like one of those fights on God Of War II and I'm clueless. After about seven tries or so I have to look it up...