Poll: Toast

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Had this question pop into my head around breakfast time this morning:

How do you guys like your toast?

Do you like it browned and crispy, lightly crisped, black?

Me personally, I prefer my toast very very lightly toasted; it's really warm, slightly crunchy bread more than anything else.

And if you don't like toast, what do you like? And what do you put on it? I'm a butter substitute man myself.

And yes, this is really a thread about toast; a topic I felt was important enough to warrant discussion.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I like a little bit of crisp, not too much though. I don't like it when my toast just feels like slightly hardened bread, but I don't want it to feel like a cracker either.

I enjoy that happy stage where it's just hot enough to melt butter.

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
I like it really lightly done, I use I can't believe its not butter and it melts and its perfect, and on the rare occasions we have jam I put jam on and I love life. Jam on toast. Magnificent.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
If I do toast my bread I like it lightly toasted, but I prefer just eating it at room temperature. It's more maleable and requires less effort. And yes, I do like my bread to be maleable.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Lightly/medium toasted (I voted medium). When it just pops out of the toaster and you spread some butter on top...m-m-m-m. It's like eating Heaven's own brand of candy.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
RatRace123 said:
Had this question pop into my head around breakfast time this morning:

How do you guys like your toast?

Do you like it browned and crispy, lightly crisped, black?

Me personally, I prefer my toast very very lightly toasted; it's really warm, slightly crunchy bread more than anything else.

And if you don't like toast, what do you like? And what do you put on it? I'm a butter substitute man myself.

And yes, this is really a thread about toast; a topic I felt was important enough to warrant discussion.
Finally! Someone who likes toast the same way I do! :D

I like it really lightly toasted, like you said. With lots of butter/margarine. =P

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Medium indeed.

But remember, all you Americans, listen not to the song! No Englishman I have EVER met likes their toast done on one side. That's just ridiculous.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Toast, toast, I love toast! Medium toasted for me, with margarine and Marmite on! I have it every day! Yummy yummy yum yum. Your life is better now that you are imparted with that knowledge.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Along with my toast I like to have it buttered but most recently I've discovered the act of deploying a base of jelly followed by Nutella.

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
Another poll...I made a thread about all these polls.

And I don't like toast, after 4 months of toast and jelly for breakfast; I can't even think about eating it anymore.

Oct 10, 2011
burnt. i like the taste of burnt food, and the crunch is good too. also it quickly melts any topping i put on it, even the plate its on. delicious.