Poll: Toonami reducing it's running time to 3 and half hours..

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Ok so I just found out that Adult Swim (in all it's retarded brilliance) is reducing their running time of Toonami from 6 and half hours to 3 and half hours... their saving the bad stuff like Kill la Kill and Dragon ball z kai and getting rid of the good stuff like Ghost in the Shell: SAC , Cowboy Bebop and IGPX? yeah.. that makes sense.. cartoon network is run by retards these days.. didn't we fight to get the program block back?.. and now their reducing it supposedly because of "low ratings" (I included the link to the otakuusamagazine website if you wanna read the full story)

http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/Toonami-Run-Time-Cut-in-Half-6198.aspx

what does everyone else think of this stupid, stupid news?

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Queen Michael said:
Please don't use words like "retarded" as insults. It's not nice.
i use the word to describe things all the time and most people I know do as well.. i don't see the problem with it

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I have no idea why they would keep Naruto or Inuyasha over AoT or GitS.

Yeah, Naruto is popular as hell so I can sort of see that...but Inuyasha? It's a great show but Toonami/adult swim have aired episodes of it for god knows how many years.

Suppose I'm not particularly surprised that there's 'low ratings' when most of the runtimes for shows are typically not at good times to watch unless your sleep schedule is boned and will continue to be boned. It's also generally much easier just to watch shows at your own pace and timeframe online.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
crazygameguy4ever said:
Queen Michael said:
i use the word to describe things all the time and most people I know do as well.. i don't see the problem with it
Originally, the word referred to people suffering from actual mental retardation. It's kind of how some people use the word "fag" as an insult. Even if they don't mean to be homophobic, it's still an insult specifically because it refers to gay people.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Solaire of Astora said:
I have no idea why they would keep Naruto or Inuyasha over AoT or GitS.

Yeah, Naruto is popular as hell so I can sort of see that...but Inuyasha? It's a great show but Toonami/adult swim have aired episodes of it for god knows how many years.

Suppose I'm not particularly surprised that there's 'low ratings' when most of the runtimes for shows are typically not at good times to watch unless your sleep schedule is boned and will continue to be boned. It's also generally much easier just to watch shows at your own pace and timeframe online.

i think they're keeping the newer inuyasha final act anime.. not the original inuyasha anime

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
It is hard to say seeing you called Kill La Kill bad.
i tried watching it.. the idea /story behind it is unique but the character designs and animation is so bad.. not quite attack on titan level of bad , but so rough looking

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
crazygameguy4ever said:
i think they're keeping the newer inuyasha final act anime.. not the original inuyasha anime
Legitimately did not know such a thing existed. I must be really out of the anime loop.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
At first it seemed like something I should have gotten upset about (I JUST got CN on my fab plan) but after reading it I can't really say I'm that disappointed given how it's limited to after 3am. I'm probably not going to be watching it that far into Otaku-oclock unless I'm pulling an allnighter, in which case I'd probably be using my computer anyway. So long as they keep it decent series I'll be happy.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Solaire of Astora said:
crazygameguy4ever said:
Legitimately did not know such a thing existed. I must be really out of the anime loop.
Final Act is the sequel anime to Inuyasha that ends the series I think

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/109334851853/ch-ch-ch-changes

In life, we all must deal with change, friends. And sometimes that change is hard. Starting February 7th, the Toonami schedule will be reduced to a Midnight-3:30am run every Saturday.

But TOONAMI IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

And the good news is, we still have three and a half hours of premieres for you, every week, with more new stuff to come!

2015?s gonna have Kill La Kill, plus several MORE new shows, as well as Intruder 2, the Toonami comic, and lots of other fun goodies!

For fans of GITS, IGPX, Bebop, AoT, etc, we?re sorry but due to slipping ratings in those later hours, Adult Swim programming has determined a change is necessary. These shows may be back at some point- or they may not. Nothing is definitive on that front.

We may be getting smaller, but hopefully we?re getting stronger.

Love, The Toonami Crew

Schedule Starting 2/7 below:

12:00 - DBZ Kai

12:30 - Kill la Kill

01:00 - Naruto: Shippuden

01:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act

02:00 - Gurren Lagann

02:30 - One Piece

03:00 - Deadman Wonderland
a) Promises of "new shows". I'll reserve judgement until they are revealed.

b) GitS, IGPX, Bebop, Aot, etc. being removed
Meh. GitS and Bebop are great shows and IGPX was good, but they've been in reruns for years. Hell, save for a few months they've been airing the same 26 episodes of Bebop continuously for the last decade. I don't really have an opinion on the AoT anime, because I'd rather read the manga.

c) New lineup
[li]DBZ Kai[/li] This shit is old. May be new to this iteration of Toonami, but Vortexx aired that well beyond the point of interest. If you're trying to get ratings, this is a VERY piss poor decision to headline your block.
[li]Kill La Kill[/li] I saw some of the subs when it first was released, I might catch some of the dubs.
[li]Naruto[/li] I read the manga through to completion. I see little reason to watch this.
[li]Inyuasha[/li] Same as Naruto.
[li]Gurren Lagann[/li] Already saw the series back before SciFi forgot how to spell its own name. I don't need to see it again.
[li]One Piece[/li] I don't give a shit out it.
[li]Deadman Wonderland[/li] Same as Naruto. Besides, they're just showing the first "season".

d) Conclusion
Of the seven shows in the new lineup, I only am partially interested in one of them. It seems this iteration of the Toonami block is circling the drain before its eventual re-cancellation, due mostly to incompetence in both programming and scheduling. Toonami needs shows that are both new and good.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
madwarper said:
God f**king dame it, of course the moment I get access to CN they'd screw up Toonami. Have to agree with the issue with the lineup, there's only two shows I'd bother watching from that list, one of which is only 13 episodes that I own already. I can see why it's the one they're ending the block with, it would probably have the least views anyway so may as well have it at the end.

What I want to know is how they came to the decision for these series anyway? It sure wasn't a poll on the matter, and I fail to see how it could have been based on ratings.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Kill La Kill has done very well with Western audiences. Just look at how fast they got a dub out for it, the only dub I've seen done faster was Attack on Titan. It just seems you don't care for it.

I do think it is sad, but I understand why. Back before I liked anime, I hated Saturday nights because nothing but anime was on Adult Swim. No American Dad or Family Guy. It seems that the audience shares my old opinion. Honestly, I'd get rid of Deadman Wonderland and switch it with a better series like Cassharn Sins or Code Geass. The rest of the line-up makes sense. Two of the most popular series and was seems to be two classics. Smart move in my book.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
The original Toonami was aimed at CHILDREN. It was never meant for adults. When I heard that they were bringing it back, I was excited, because I thought that my brother and sister, and that a younger generation, could experience the amazing stuff I experienced. Then I realized that they were aiming it at my demographic. It's a nice gesture, and I appreciate it, but I don't watch t.v. anymore. As for anime, I can stream or buy it anywhere. I don't need a network for that. Not to mention, my taste is better. Furthermore, I can't stay up all night watching Toonami. I'm not a vampire, I have school/work. It was a mistake to do this the way they did. As usual, their CEO handled this all wrong. They should have kept it as an afternoon segment for kids. The demographic their targeting is adult now, and very tech savvy. We go to Netflix and Crunchyroll for our material.

Still, it's sad to see this go again.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
It was nice while it lasted. Instead of cutting the time down why not just start Toonami earlier? Have the more tame stuff like Naruto and DBZ Kai on earlier and slowly progress to the more adult stuff around twelve or so. Hard to believe it has been over two years since it came back.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Oh look the person who thinks that korra ending was misinterpreted and told everyone there wrong because they know better.

Using retarded and such for something so minor is quite bad you shouldnt use words that don't make you look like such a bad person and have nothing to do with said topic. And ghost in the Shell is old enough you can find it well same for cowboy bebop. Just because they remove the anime you like that's been airing off and on toonami for like 10 years is no reason to get so bent out of shape.

I don't even need to watch toonami to catch all the old stuff most places sell copys or have them on digital streaming services like netflix.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
I have money. I can buy anime if that is my desire. I do not need to watch it in small doses anymore. Nor do I need to limit myself to just mainstream anime. They're not really pushing any boundaries with this one at all, and like it or not it's not really needed anymore. The saturation point has hit, and there's nothing needed or gained for pushing anime at adults.

They could either try grabbing newer or rarer anime, or cartoons aimed at the older viewers.. I dunno. I've had my fill with the standard shows in the 90s, and it either has to be visually fantastic or a beautifully written story.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
crazygameguy4ever said:
Queen Michael said:
To be fair, I used to use that word a lot when I was younger, but I've since stopped. It does come across as rather mean spirited (even if it's unintentional, and I'm sure you didn't mean it literally).

In any case, CN has been in freefall since Jim Samples resigned in 2007 after that stupid bridge issue.

By the way, your avatar gets 10/10.