Poll: Toonami reducing it's running time to 3 and half hours..

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Fox12 said:
crazygameguy4ever said:
Queen Michael said:
Please don't use words like "retarded" as insults. It's not nice.
i use the word to describe things all the time and most people I know do as well.. i don't see the problem with it
To be fair, I used to use that word a lot when I was younger, but I've since stopped. It does come across as rather mean spirited (even if it's unintentional, and I'm sure you didn't mean it literally).

In any case, CN has been in freefall since Jim Samples resigned in 2007 after that stupid bridge issue.

By the way, your avatar gets 10/10.
I didn't meaa retarded as in describing a handicap person. i use it the same as calling something dumb or idiotic.. Taiga rolling out of the locker..:D Toradora started that way (sort of..) and ends that way (mostly).. well, Taiga hiding in locker and headbutting Ryuji, but close enough

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Elfgore said:
Honestly, I'd get rid of Deadman Wonderland and switch it with a better series like Cassharn Sins or Code Geass. The rest of the line-up makes sense. Two of the most popular series and was seems to be two classics. Smart move in my book.
The broadcast rights to code geass are long since expired, sadly. Hell, every legal means of obtaining Code Geass is gone... as I learned when I tried to track down the DVDs to show my girl and couldn't find a box set for less than 120 dollars. XD

Sad about the toonami block, but not really surprised. the ratings have been gradually declining for over a year now, and while some headlines like Bleach and Titan were able to clear 1,000,000 views with little difficulty, the block definitely saw a severe drop in household shares halfway through. :/

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
crazygameguy4ever said:
Veldie said:
Oh look the person who thinks that korra ending was misinterpreted and told everyone there wrong because they know better.

Using retarded and such for something so minor is quite bad you shouldnt use words that don't make you look like such a bad person and have nothing to do with said topic. And ghost in the Shell is old enough you can find it well same for cowboy bebop. Just because they remove the anime you like that's been airing off and on toonami for like 10 years is no reason to get so bent out of shape.

I don't even need to watch toonami to catch all the old stuff most places sell copys or have them on digital streaming services like netflix.
bite me.. korra ending WAS misinterpreted .. but i've already beat that dead horse so much it's getting old.. and it's still dead.. i hear people use the word retard to describe things all the time.. and toonami's new "idea" of what to do is retarded.. I've already seen every episode of Cowboy Bebop and Gin TS SAC.. that's not the point. so i guess i'll explain it to you in simpler words.. Toonami is getting rid of anime that's good and cutting the time in half instead of replacing the good anime I mentioned with other good anime and/or keeping the running time the same as it was.
Sorry I don't bite people any more but it's funny you still blindly believe it's misinterpreted dispite the shows creators confirming Korrasami as canon.

The only people who use the word for everything are immature or assholes. So using that as a excuse isn't helping your case.

They prob cut it in half to cut down on costs. If I remember from when I did watch stuff on adult swims stuff they played a few hours of stuff and then replayed it.

There's a free service called crunchy roll you can use it has tons of anime on it I just started a series called Parasyte -Maxim-

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
crazygameguy4ever said:
I didn't meaa retarded as in describing a handicap person. i use it the same as calling something dumb or idiotic.. Taiga rolling out of the locker..:D Toradora started that way (sort of..) and ends that way (mostly).. well, Taiga hiding in locker and headbutting Ryuji, but close enough
Somehow that show became one of my all time favorites, I'm not sure how. Great cast, great story, great drama, and fantastic humor. Maybe they should put THAT on Toonami. There are actually a lot of great things they could put on Toonami, if they did some searching. I'm still of the opinion that they should target children, though, since their less likely to shrug and go watch crunchy roll.

ClockworkAngel

Nov 9, 2008
If it's truly because of low ratings, that doesn't really surprise me. Toonami runs from something like midnight to 6 AM, doesn't it? And the shows don't have an encore later in the night like the Adult Swim shows do, do they?

Edit just to make my post have a little more meat: I personally haven't watched Toonami in forever. When I watch anime these days, I usually hit up Netflix where I can have subtitles and don't have to deal with commercials. But I can imagine this sucks for people that still watch Toonami.

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
crazygameguy4ever said:
Veldie said:
Oh look the person who thinks that korra ending was misinterpreted and told everyone there wrong because they know better.

Using retarded and such for something so minor is quite bad you shouldnt use words that don't make you look like such a bad person and have nothing to do with said topic. And ghost in the Shell is old enough you can find it well same for cowboy bebop. Just because they remove the anime you like that's been airing off and on toonami for like 10 years is no reason to get so bent out of shape.

I don't even need to watch toonami to catch all the old stuff most places sell copys or have them on digital streaming services like netflix.
bite me.. korra ending WAS misinterpreted .. but i've already beat that dead horse so much it's getting old.. and it's still dead.. i hear people use the word retard to describe things all the time.. and toonami's new "idea" of what to do is retarded.. I've already seen every episode of Cowboy Bebop and Gin TS SAC.. that's not the point. so i guess i'll explain it to you in simpler words.. Toonami is getting rid of anime that's good and cutting the time in half instead of replacing the good anime I mentioned with other good anime and/or keeping the running time the same as it was.
What's dumb about cutting anime that they've already reran the hell out of and replacing it with new(ish) anime that's super hyped that many people haven't seen? As for the run time, these things cost money to run, and if people arent watching, they arent watching.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
ClockworkAngel said:
If it's truly because of low ratings, that doesn't really surprise me. Toonami runs from something like midnight to 6 AM, doesn't it? And the shows don't have an encore later in the night like the Adult Swim shows do, do they?

Edit just to make my post have a little more meat: I personally haven't watched Toonami in forever. When I watch anime these days, I usually hit up Netflix where I can have subtitles and don't have to deal with commercials. But I can imagine this sucks for people that still watch Toonami.
i only watch anime with English dub and although i can watch anime online, i prefer it on a tv. either via dvd/blu-ray or on toonami,.. the only network where they show anime these days

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
balladbird said:
Elfgore said:
Honestly, I'd get rid of Deadman Wonderland and switch it with a better series like Cassharn Sins or Code Geass. The rest of the line-up makes sense. Two of the most popular series and was seems to be two classics. Smart move in my book.
The broadcast rights to code geass are long since expired, sadly. Hell, every legal means of obtaining Code Geass is gone... as I learned when I tried to track down the DVDs to show my girl and couldn't find a box set for less than 120 dollars. XD

Sad about the toonami block, but not really surprised. the ratings have been gradually declining for over a year now, and while some headlines like Bleach and Titan were able to clear 1,000,000 views with little difficulty, the block definitely saw a severe drop in household shares halfway through. :/
i also tried buying the code geass anime, but it's waaaay too expensive..i suspect because it's from Bandai and Bandai closed it anime publishing company in the US. buying individual volumes of code geass is a little cheaper though.. i hope Viz, Manga entertainment or Funimation picks up the rights so they can redistribute it on DVD