Poll: TotalBiscuit hired by the Escapist

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Too bad it's probably an April Fools joke. I haven't watched him very much, but I liked what I did watch.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
ok april fools and all , but has the criteria really dropped so far that it comes down to saying something vaguely possible but not actually true. in which case i will contribute to , i burnt my toast this morning, Ha! didnt really it was perfectly golden brown

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Not a chance TB would come work for The Escapist.
His associates JUST left this sinking ship.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Giving TB another platform to spread ill-advised hatred, jeez hopefully this never happens and remains a joke.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I have only one thing to say.

Well, actually a couple things. I think if this actually happened it wouldn't be too bad.

...That's all I really had to say. Good job fooling a few folks, JoJo.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Moeez said:
Giving TB another platform to spread ill-advised hatred, jeez hopefully this never happens and remains a joke.
"Another" implies there's a first. Sure isn't YouTube or Twitter, so where is this platform he uses?

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Excellent baiting mein Fuhrer!
(If you don't get it I'm literally calling you Hitler).

It doesn't really matter to me actually, but you certainly managed to get a lot of people worked up, so I say this sincerely, this counts as a successful prank.

Good job Jojo!

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
GAH FUCKING DAMMIT!

Enough with the April Fools, pick a prank and stick with it. My page is black. It's upside down. Total Biscuit, blah blah blah. And, to top it all off, I'm sickk as a dog. Fuck this, I need my turtle video.

Go turtle, go!

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Damn! Although it would be nice if TB could be convinced to come do a ten minute video here once a week and maybe a column. Because the only reason I don't watch him much is because his videos tend to be too long. Same goes for AngryJoe.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Had me going there for a second XD

The worst part about April fools, is that we get two days of it in NZ, because we're ahead a day. So all this sort of stuff plagues us the day after... Oh well, still fun.

Zontar said:
Moeez said:
"Another" implies there's a first. Sure isn't YouTube or Twitter, so where is this platform he uses?
Seems like an "I don't like his opinions so they're bad." kind of thing to me. I can't recall him ever spreading hatred.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Thank God it's April Fools!

I used to like TB, I really did. But he's just way too negative and too... 'detached' these days, for lack of a better word. I no longer have the patience to watch his overly-long videos.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
I really wished this was true.
I like TB, he's a good, honest man and a good content creator.
It'd be nice to have some more content and some good shit too.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Another sexy brit voice on the escapist? Colour me strangely aroused.
Oh well. :)

Timeless Lavender

Lord of Chinchilla
Feb 2, 2015
Well...... that would be weird since he likes to do youtube stuff and does not like traditional gaming journalism.

You can't trick >:) hehehehehe

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
That's the catch, TB is too caustic for the Escapist's new no negativity approach. Should have tipped people off right there.
oh no when they meant "negativity" they really meant "no SJW BS"

given TB's recent track record he'd fit right in

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Interesting. I'm guessing it's an April Fool's joke simply because TB seems to be rather fond of his autonomy. That said I could potentially see TB doing something here on The Escapist as well as doing his usual thing on Youtube. After all several Escapist contributors have had multiple gigs apparently. Bob for example also did "Game Overthinker" alongside his other bits here on The Escapist. If this is (as is very likely) an AF joke it's a good one because it's enough to get people to think "could this possibly be true" rather than rejecting it out of hand as being too silly.

That said TB from what I've seen tends to be a lot less offensive and/or politically loaded than Jim or Bob, so he would actually be a great fit with where The Escapist seems to want to go.

To be honest if this was my site (which it's not) for an AF joke I would have said that The Escapist has paid ahead of time for Anita Sarkeesian to do 52 videos one a week for the next years as part of a regular focus on feminism on gaming, and to gain a broader viewership the famous Zoe Quinn has been paid in advance to create "Escapist The Video Game" a geek website management Sim intended to educate about the anxiety involved in running a business to release for free sometime within the next year and a half, a year for development and an extra six months for her to take care of her own promotional work.

Then I would sit back and watch the explosions through the forums for a full 24 hours before admitting that it was a joke, and then duck from the second explosion caused by the hopefuls and those upset that I would dare joke about something like this and drop those names.

Indeed, I might need to even dig my own special April Fool's bunker. :)

-

All kidding aside I'm not too fond of April Fool's this year as it seems more annoying than funny. I was actually goofing off with "Guild Wars 2" or wanted to, but the company decided it would be fun to make it so all the characters run around with their arms out making airplane noises, and it just got too annoying. I'm actually scared to boot up most of the other MMOs I drift between now since I wonder if I can actually play any of them without being harassed by some dev who thinks the idea of being funny is to annoy everyone.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
I was watching one of Yahtzee's lets drown outs. In it he talks about how this kind of "joke" just isn't funny. All you're doing is telling someone something they have every reason to believe might be the case. It's not unreasonable to assume that fallout 4 might happen. It's not unreasonable to assume that a well known internet critic might get a job at escapist. It's not unreasonable to assume Blizzard might add pandas into there game. Oh wait.