Poll: Totalbiscuit

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
You're probably getting this comment alot already, but "What? Another one?". With respect, we have two such perssonalities here on the Escapist and they also read cynical poetry now!

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
endtherapture said:
Crazy Zaul said:
A while ago, after someone criticized his video and most people defended him, he was just commenting on twitter how nice escapist users are are then Susan called him a whiney git or something lol.

I like most of his stuff but his over the top criticism of Bioshock Infinite was wrong. He was being an FPS snob and complaining about recoil and stuff.

Also I sometimes want to shout "NO! FOV gives YOU motion sickness. Its a very rare condition that just you have and no one else cares about!"
But apparently there are quite a few people that have it.
Yep, low FoV gives me motion sickness too, so I like having control over it.
Personally, I get annoyed by the "fisheye" effect that I notice when the FoV is too high. For me and my plain ol' 4:3 monitor, 68 FoV is the sweet spot. Too bad most games will slap you on the hand for even thinking of going that low, though; if they let you control the FoV at all.

As for on-topic content: I haven't watched literally any of his videos, yet. I have, however, enjoyed him every time that he's appeared in videos from other YouTubers that I do actually watch[footnote]like when he was included in a Chivalry: Medieval Warfare tournament that Criken was in[/footnote], and do plan on watching some of his videos in the near future now.

Slaydoom

May 23, 2013
Judgement101 said:
The Apple BOOM said:
Judgement101 said:
TL;DR: He's an arrogant, glorified Let's Player who complains about irrelevant issues and denounces his fanbase at every turn then complains about their lack of viewer-ship later on.
I personally suffer from the least motion sickness out of anyone I know. Boats don't get to me, reading in cars is fine for me, and I can stand all forms of 3D and FoV. However, just because I can stand them, doesn't mean others can. The FoV 'war' is something that has needed to be said for a while, and it is great that it finally has a big voice behind it. It is insulting to people to tell them to just get over their sickness. It's like telling people to get over depression or being color blind.

Or maybe they should just not play games, this just isn't their area. Sure, that's completely reasonable. You lost a leg? Oh well, guess I'm not playing baseball with you. You just want to pitch? But bringing a chair to the pitcher's mound ruins the game. It just isn't for you.
It's not that I'm telling him to not complain about his disease, it's that I'm sick of him giving a game a bad rep BECAUSE of his disease. He did this with The Darkness 2. He essentially said the game was unplayabled because of the FoV, but that was because of his disease, to someone without it the game was fine. I guess in general my issue is less with his disease/complaining and more with his lack of objectivity, which he claims to have. (Also, I'm 100% aware all reviews are subjective, but he claims to be somewhat objective, which is just untrue.)
we must have seen two different Darkness two videos because he said it was alright.....

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009

I've never really sat down to watch any of his stuff... In fact, the only contact I've had with the guy is when he guest voices those Lore [http://www.youtube.com/user/lore] videos.

That said, I do get reflexively annoyed at the whole 'Cynical Brit' thing, because it screams of stealing Yahtzee's schtick.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
kiri2tsubasa said:
Substitute Troll said:
I think you're wrong. He's said on numerous occasions that consoles are good for when you want to relax in your couch etc. But like I said before, no shit he prefers PC. Anyone who can afford a gaming PC agrees that they're objectively better. Consoles right now are only holding the gaming scene back, they need to evolve.

I'm out of this thread, there's no point in me defending TB, he can do that himself.
Bullshit. I can afford a gaming PC and I can tell you they are not 'objectively better'. I have had far more frustration in the 6 months that I have had my gaming PC then in the years I have have been a console gamer. BSoD's, just sudden crashes, and freezes are a common occurrence for me in the world of PC gaming. So yeah, Console gaming has actually been superior in terms of stability.
And I call bullshit on you. If you're getting BSoD's, either you're doing something wrong, or the computer is broken. I've been PC gaming all my life and I've NEVER had a BSoD. Not even on my 7 year old single core PC that has been collecting dust for long periods of time.

Pessimismus

Nov 9, 2009
I watch just about every video he puts out and sure, he is most definitely arrogant at times and I don't always agree with him but as far as I can tell, he puts in a lot of effort and really cares about the stuff he puts out. I respect him for not being afraid to defend his opinions and views, even if this will cost him viewers, because he stands behind his work and he knows what he is doing and for who. His research tends to be pretty in-depth and when he is wrong, he (generally) does apologize and makes at least some effort to correct the mistakes.

He also earned a lot of respect from me with his video about real-life violence and video game violence and a ton of other content not directly related to one game or another. I can totally understand how you might not enjoy his personality, there are times where he does annoy me, but in general I respect him far too much to let those incidents lower my opinion of him.

CaptQuakers

Feb 14, 2011
I voted for "I think he is arrogant and hypocritical, little more than a glorified Lets Player" but I still like him a lot. He is arrogant and he is a massive dick and he does tend to treat his fans like shit if they question him, However his videos are great and he never pulls his punches.