Poll: Trolls: Lulz or FUUUU-

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Kombatkid123 said:
Like in TF2 how a Pyro can shoot a flame in front of a Sniper scope to distract them
I dominated, like, 3 snipers in 2Fort today, and so one of them joined my team after a scramble, went Pyro, and tried doing that.

I had to remind him that it didn't actually do anything.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
It's pointless and a one way ticket to get you kicked from your server or teamkilled repeatedly. Pass, being an asshole was never entertaining to begin with.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Trolling can be great, as long as you're funny to some people. As long as the troll isn't personally team killing it's alright.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
BottleOfAwesome said:
Playing Killing Floor and welding doors shut so that other people are stuck by themselves
This. There's something really funny about reading / hearing people WTF-ing about a door being welded shut and then being pissed when they're mauled by mutants. Especially hearing it.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
If I'm trolling in games, it's never to do with the actual gameplay. I troll occasionally but just vocally.

Sikratua

Apr 11, 2011
It really depends on the circumstances. Normally, I don't even consider trolling. However,if someone, or multiple people, in a forum are being total dicks about a topic, I just go for broke. Case in point: a recent topic came up on youtube about Ryan Dunn's death.

So, I congratulated him on his Darwin Award. The next thing I knew, some guy had threated to force me to watch as he burned my family alive. The same guy was also using rather poor grammar in incinuating that he thought I was a homosexual, but that's to be expected of the internet. At that point, I just decided to have fun at this guy's expense. By the time I was through, I had the guy admitting that he could understand why I thought that HE was gay.

Trolling isn't a card I play very often, but I'm certainly good at it, if provoked.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Trolling games is called griefing and no I don't. In fact, I avoid those who do. If you've abandoned the point of the game in order to instead try and ruin the fun of others then obviously you need a new hobby.

doiminic

Jun 22, 2011
Since a lot of the people I play with have no idea what fun is and think that "video games are serious shit, dawg" I do NOT hesitate to troll if I feel like it. Micspam is fun too, I once looped the intro to "Spirit of Radio" for 45 minutes before getting banned in TF2.

Kombatkid123

Jan 31, 2010
Twilight_guy said:
Trolling games is called griefing and no I don't. In fact, I avoid those who do. If you've abandoned the point of the game in order to instead try and ruin the fun of others then obviously you need a new hobby.
Haha griefing....I totally forgot that word......close enough :p

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Twilight_guy said:
What if you're playing a game like MW2 where the point of the game is ruining the fun of others?

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Micspamming isn't a very serious troll as it's can easily be muted if it's bad or enjoyed if it's music I enjoy or is hilarious.

The only time I think I've ever trolled in game is when I was really mad. IRL mad. Vikings fan during the 2009 NFC Championship mad. Joined a few games of hardcore CoD and blew up my team up on spawn in a few games... felt good. Then felt like a dick.

But I've never trolled a game that I've really cared about the real community like Halo or TF2.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
My friends and I used to go on the MLG playlist on Halo, and when we got paired up with a clan we would suck horribly and lose the game, then accuse the other team of some sort of hacks/lag/whatever and challenge them to a rematch.

We had a custom map and gametype called "MLG Slayer" and "MLG Guardian 7.0" which basically started you off facing an edge one step from falling and gave you -10 points for killing yourself. Since in MLG you usually start holding forward to get your guy moving ASAP to get to the power weapons, we usually started with a 40 point lead. There were weapons hidden all around the map, and everyone had plasma pistols and no grenades on spawn, so if you didnt know where they were, you were screwed. I'm pretty sure we made betrayals give you 10 points as well so we could quickly win the game at any point.

We pissed off a lot of MLG tryhards.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
None of the poll options apply to me. :(

I don't troll, but I find other people trolling and being trolled funny.

But not in games.

Mostly on facebook etc.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i Seem to troll people by just beating them these days

they always get mad there like 'STOP killing me you camper' [im running around the map]

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
My favourite trolling line i used daily in WoW. is now recruiting, we are a christian only guild. We do not accept DK's Warlocks, Shamans, Rogues, Minorities or shadow Priests. PST for more information. Facebook check required to verify race/religion.

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Well if you assume trolling as having a rather large range, yes. I would never be a straight asshole (griefers), but I do occasionally mess with people.