Poll: TV vs PC: which couldn't you live without?

rabbitambulance

Feb 20, 2009
Are you kidding? Is there any functionality on a TV that an even marginally functional computer couldn't provide twice over?

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
pc, just watch the TV on it. and i can talk to all of you! lucky you!

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
TV - My computer does it all! Plus I mostly watch DVD's or Hulu anyway.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Under your rules, I'm allowed to keep my TV so long as my computer uses it at some point as a screen, or my PS3 is plugged into it. So I'll keep both then, thank you.

jamez525

Wasting His Title
Oct 4, 2009
PC easily, my Xbox runs on my second monitor anyway and I very rarely watch TV.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
I already live without a TV. When I'm up at college, I don't have a TV. No big deal.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
A T.V. is basically a Monitor. I choose PC. Can't live without it. Especially Starcraft 2

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
I lived without any form of tv for the longest time sooo.. Tv.

We cut cable shortly after moving in because we couldn't afford it. We just watched a craptacular amount of movies.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Definitely pc, I could easily watch the few shows I watch on it as well as watch dvds and play the 360. And if I chose tv I wouldn't be able to post here or play my pc games

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
The rules you've set up state that a TV tuner can be connected to a PC, making a television utterly redundant as it has no extra functionality over a PC. There's no point to the poll then, as the PC fulfils both roles.

However, if you discount the possibility of TV tuners, or even video streaming (which is how I watch most of my TV - yay for iplayer/4OD!), I'll still take the PC over the TV. I can always attach a games console to the monitor, and I read a lot, so TV programmes aren't needed for entertainment.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Loling at people not reading the text.

I don't actually watch TV 99.98% of the time, so the choice is kind of obvious :/

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
pfft, my computer is my tv except I get to basically watch whatever i want whenever I want. So its like if tv was awesome and without the commercials heh.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
hmm, maybe this is a self-selecting poll... considering it is conducted in a WEB forum.

Anyhoo, I wonder how much longer TV has really got? Will it go the way of radio, only really listened to by old people.

I mean there is already a statistically significant number of homes tht don't have a phone land lain and never intend on getting one. You need an TV licence that costs £150 ($220) per year to own a functional TV in the UK, TV stations and ad agencies should be VERY worried if an entire generation is moving away from TV.

I suppose, if you had a kid would you all still not bother with a TV (never mind about PC forfeiture)?

Sep 14, 2009
hmm well considering anything i do want to watch immediately gets put on the pc somewhere on some website, im good to go, so no the tv is highly not needed at all anymore, i seriously doubt i will get cable of any kind when i do buy a tv, ill probably just hook it up to my tower and play on there, forget paying for channels.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I haven't really watched TV in about 10 years aside from the occasional evening news, and that's never when I'm at home since I don't even have a receiver. The choice is obvious: TV can go suck it, I'll stick with my computer, thank you.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
When I signed up for internet, I didnt even want cable. But, my cable provider pretty much forces because if you buy internet alone, you have to pay an extra $10 a month fee of some sort, which would add up to the same amount as if i had cable. I have Hulu, torrents, and Youtube. I could definately live without tv.