Poll: Two Questions

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Blatherscythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Blatherscythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Blatherscythe said:
Just goes to show that we really don't know how our decisions will impact the world.
No, just goes to show that making judgements on incomplete cherry-picked information is a bad idea. Also shows that you can find anyone who beat very severe genetic conditions if you look hard enough.

Want me to find examples of alcoholics who beat their wife? Vegetarians who have affairs? People born to families with long histories of genetic illnesses that never progress past the mental age of seven? Would that prove anything? Bollocks it would. You've just grabbed some highly specific (and in some cases plain wrong) information and are trying to draw a conclusion from it.
Those were backgrounds. I abstained from putting anything in there about what they did in power because that would have wrecked the post and made your choice easy.
So essentially your posts show on people being unable to choose leaders in the absence of relevant information. This shows what exactly?
It proves just that. I gave backgrounds to famous leaders and did anyone know what they would do with the power they had? Hitler started a genocidal war, Roosevelt made the Great Depressions impacts a little softer with the government helping the people, and I really have no idea what Winston Churchill did. Anyways reading those backgrounds makes the reader think candidate 3 would have made the best leader while the other 2 would be corrupt, evil or stupid which turns out to be the other way around. But hey it's free to interpetation if it makes you feel better.
But...is that it? Surely everyone knew that? It seems the typical reaction to your post is just a "Well how was I meant to know?" Shrug, and move on.