Poll: Um...Would this be creepy?

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
No, not really.
Very odd (see what I did there aren't I so clever) and extremely baffling, yes, but not really creepy.
I would most likely think it's a joke, and it probably would be and react to it with cold apathy, like I normally would towards a kind of "hilarious" prank.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Yeah thats insanely creepy. Id be imagining the best case scenario as it being a dare of this persons friends and worst case concluding with my murder. Id walk faster.

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
depends if it's a person i know or at least used to know such as an old classmate or something not really
if it was a stranger i would be creped out how much depends on time of day etc and if it was a stranger trying to flirt with me i would be more disturbed the better looking the person was.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
If they're asking me to get in the car, then of course it'd be creepy.

If they're asking to meet up somewhere public to talk then it'd still raise my hackles a bit, but I'd see no harm in it and probably meet them.

It's like people on Facebook who, once in a blue moon, seem to add me and when I ask if I know them they reply "No, I just saw you and thought you looked like a nice person." Weird, but complimentary.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
completely depends on the person's attitude and approach, besides just approaching a stranger that is.

then again, people I've never met recognise me all the time for some reason, I suppose I have that kinda "face".

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Past experience, nah, never bothered me. Just roll with it, that's about all you can do.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
That would creep me the fuck out, though mostly because no one ever flirts with me.
Joking aside, you don't just pull over to try and get some without it ending like Jeffrey Dahmer's endeavours.
I'd get out of there as quick as possible, and try not to be followed to wherever I'm going.

Kristian Fischer

Aug 15, 2011
Here's a tip: if you're in doubt as to whether or not something would be creepy, it WILL be creepy. As for your specific question, the person in question would be entitled to mace you (and I'm not talking about the spray)...

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Happens in bars all the time. Just a change in venue.

Even though the bar scene ain't for me, I wouldn't find it creepy, no.

neverarine

Nov 18, 2009
are they asking for directions? I used to be out on the streets alot (lol) and I've had several cars pull over to ask me for directions to something, the first few seconds when a random care pulls over next to you is kinda scary since you have no idea what they are going to do to you and what you want, but after that first few seconds its all good

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
The only correct anwser is : Do they bring me bacon.

Because if you bring me bacon, we're friends. And we can hook up and flirt as long as we want, because you brought me bacon.

Bacon makes friends. Memorize it!

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I wouldn't find it creepy - I'd find it annoying. There's a time and place for flirting with someone you haven't met yet and that's in a bar/pub/club, not while they're walking down the street.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, creepy.
Plus annoying, people just hanging out on the street aren't usually looking to be picked up.

manic_depressive13 said:
At worst it would be frightening and at best it would just be awkward.
Also that.
Just not worth it, imo.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I wouldn't find it creepy, but it would be weird. I wouldn't be likely to want to talk to them much. If they did it more than once then yeah, it might become creepy.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Yeah... I'd be creeped out.

Less so if it's a woman as opposed to a man but... still creeped.

Just the whole stopping in the middle of the street and everything. You'd have much better success if you maybe saw where I was heading, parked the car some distance away and then just happened to be strolling by on foot.

Not so weird when you're a fellow pedestrian.