Poll: We need a new Nerd 'thing'!

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
I think pirates, vampires, ninjas, zombies, and Chuck Norris have had a good run. We need new material. Something fresh, something that hasn't been done to death. Let's revitalize nerd culture with a new thing to obsess about!

Once a winner is elected, we are all required to never shut the fuck up about it, therefore ensuring that dozens of games, movies, and TV shows are made using this new 'thing' as a theme.

Some of the listed members already have a smaller part, but wouldn't you like to see them reach the status of nerd obsession that pirates and ninjas have enjoyed?

EDIT:
My apologies for neglecting Vikings, vote other and explain yourself to have your voice counted!

Generator

May 8, 2009
Samurai. It seems like a logical choice.

But, then again, Scots are way more awesome...

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Scots, my heritage told me to pick it. (This is all more effective if you hear a scottish accent while reading this.)

WE ARE THE WILLIAM WALLACE!

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Wait, Scots? I'm not sure I can become a Nerd of myself, wouldn't that be like dividing by zero? And who's Allen Cumming?

But if I had to choose one on that list, It'd have to be Scots. Because we're awesome.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I vote 'other', because I'm boring like that.
Plus, I see nothing about Terrans or Kittens up there.
Or robotic-enhancement.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Gladiators. Rome is awesome and there has yet to be a good gladiator themed game to date (that I know of).

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
By 'Scots' I'm of course referring to the classic Scottish man in a kilt with his bollocks in the wind swinging a broadsword. Era of history doesn't matter. I want to see this happen in a modern setting.

Oh, they also must always be screaming.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
i voted alan cumming because he has a sexually suggestive name. no idea who he is though

geddydisciple

Cerebrate
Aug 25, 2008
demoman_chaos said:
Gladiators. Rome is awesome and there has yet to be a good gladiator themed game to date (that I know of).
Gladius was a great game. I'd suggest picking it up and firing up the old gamecube for a play threw.

OT: I would be all about vikings.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Oh crap. I just realized that I confused Luchador with Matador (seriously, those guys have some cojones) and it's too late to change my vote!

So, I'll verbally add my vote to Scotsmen. And a neat video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoVxbutl8g

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
joshthor said:
i voted alan cumming because he has a sexually suggestive name. no idea who he is though

Although technically he should be included in the 'Scots' category. Seriously though, I'd like to see some Alan Cumming related 'Chuck Norris' type material.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
RossyB said:
Wait, Scots? I'm not sure I can become a Nerd of myself, wouldn't that be like dividing by zero? And who's Allen Cumming?

But if I had to choose one on that list, It'd have to be Scots. Because we're awesome.
Groundskeeper Willie says it's the Scots who are ruining Scotland!

I voted Luchadors, because Strong Bad needs to make a comeback in geek culture.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
AcacianLeaves said:
joshthor said:

Although technically he should be included in the 'Scots' category. Seriously though, I'd like to see some Alan Cumming related 'Chuck Norris' type material.
he looks like a creeper.