Poll: We need a new Nerd 'thing'!

Wibble

Oct 24, 2009
I definitly vote Samerai... like Enzero92 said, "its in League with the whole Ninja theme" If Ninja are nerdy, Samerai shouldn't be easy to convert.
Also Samerai are Japanese, and i don't know about anyone else but when i think Japanese, i think of someone who insanly smarter than me, and smart generally=nerd.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
AcacianLeaves said:
joshthor said:
i voted alan cumming because he has a sexually suggestive name. no idea who he is though

Although technically he should be included in the 'Scots' category. Seriously though, I'd like to see some Alan Cumming related 'Chuck Norris' type material.
Wait, that was him? vote change again. Nightcrawler rocks! Why was he only in one of the movies?

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
I think Samurai will be a contender because its related to Japan, and us nerds are generally obsessed with all things Japanese. Its a weakness.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
I vote for the God-Emperor to reclaim his position as the supreme being in geekery. The 41st century happened for a reason, ya know!

NickIsCool

Nov 18, 2009
i voted other

i choose vikings

my family dates back to vikings

and vikings have awesome beards

and swords...

so yea

Autumnflame

Sep 18, 2008
Perhaps some sort of albino shouting gorilla.

or perhaps a race of atomic supermen. with freeway on ramps for arms and hearts as black as coal

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
joshthor said:
your "special" arent you?.... was that offensive?
Only in the classic internet generation your/you're switch up! Any man who can be both Nightcrawler and the creepy emcee to a pre-war German night club is okay in my book!

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
How about HECKA NUTHING

All these 'obsessities' suck balls and always will. It's like memes - they're funny for a few minutes, then you're over them if you have a brain.

This meme is awesome and doesn't afraid of anything - hence.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Luchadores!!!
just because i´m Mexican and we all have some kind of obsession about them :p

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
How about HECKA NUTHING

All these 'obsessities' suck balls and always will. It's like memes - they're funny for a few minutes, then you're over them if you have a brain.

This meme is awesome and doesn't afraid of anything - hence.
I disagree, nerd obsessions can shape popular entertainment and create memorable and fun characters. Plants vs. Zombies? Awesome. Left 4 Dead? Awesome. Captain Jack Sparrow? Awesome. Ninja Gaiden? Awesome.

This is about taking those obsessions into a conscious direction and therefore knowingly shaping the future of popular and nerd entertainment, rather than accidentally having something retarded like LOLCats: The Movie and LOLCats: The Movie Game.

It's also about teh funny.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
AcacianLeaves said:
joshthor said:
your "special" arent you?.... was that offensive?
Only in the classic internet generation your/you're switch up! Any man who can be both Nightcrawler and the creepy emcee to a pre-war German night club is okay in my book!
psh. i do have poor grammer. oh wellz.

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
Go Dinosaurs! I'm surprised that Samurai were overtaken by Dinosaurs and Scots, but they are more awesome.