Poll: Weed - Legal or Illegal?

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
dstoner said:
The_Yeti said:
Dense_Electric said:
Absolutely legalize. I don't really care how harmful it is, the simple fact of the matter is that, in a free country, the individual has the freedom to do anything that does not deprive another individual of their freedom. An individual can't choose to use drugs in the privacy of their own homes? Then it's not a free country.
There is no such thing as a free country, the simple existence of a "governed society" means limited freedoms, for better or worse. Though for this situation in particular its for the better it be illegal, you claim freedom through smoking pot, but you care not of the freedom not to inhale it from being around it, and don't even give me that "choose your company better speech" because if it was legal there would not be a single store or street not clouded by it.
legalize and REGULATE. that would fall under, REGULATE... plus pot smokers would not increase, again do some research. prohibition does not work.

The_Yeti said:
MaxwellEdison said:
TwitchyGamer101 said:
MaxwellEdison said:
TwitchyGamer101 said:
It can bring out the worst in people.
...Please explain this part of your argument. I'm pretty sure being lazy is not the worst in people.
There are people who get very addicted to it. To the point where they'll steal to get money, or even assault others just so they can get it. I'm not claiming that ALL users or even a large portion of users do.
Really now? Could you show me one instance of that happening? Cuz I'm pretty sure it hasn't.
o hey, i can, my older brother, the dumb asses he chose as friends, and 90% of my classmates back in high school.

While your morons go OMG NO ADDICTIVE SUBSTANCES LIKE NICOTINE, YOU CAN'T BE ADDICTED, you need to realize that people get addicted to substances merely for the feeling of joy in the process, it does not need addictive chemicals to make it so hungered for that the lazy and stupid would kill for it. the simple fact you pro pot patriots don't understand how your habit harms everyone around you is undeniable proof that either you were born with the intellectual capacity of a marshmallow, or your just plain stupid from the pot. Annnnd it is a gateway drug because smoking it while doable solo, is clearly preferred by the majority in a friend setting, making it follow the same path as smoking cigarettes, the only difference is since pot contains no addictive chemicals, your more likely to turn to other drugs if you eventually feel your pot is just not covering all the bases to make you a happy-go-lucky-hippy.
really? 90% of your classmates stole from, and assaulted other people for marijuana?... man stfu, your a retard.

everything u said is false, and studies prove it (actually, i had just posted proof, scroll up fool)... everything u just said spawned from your imagination... addiction has been covered multiple times. marijuana has been proven NOT TO BE a "gateway drug"... and the rest is u rambling on about shit u kno nothing about...

p.s. who would kill for a plant that grows in the ground?... cant afford it? grow it yourself... your an idiot... just stop while your behind.
what were you dropped on your head? do you really believe you can regulate pot? its illegal and still not under control lol. Secondly what i've said is common sense applied to everyday examination, y'know, the kind of sense that tells you not to suck smoke into your lungs.

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
MaxwellEdison said:
The_Yeti said:
o hey, i can, my older brother, the dumb asses he chose as friends, and 90% of my classmates back in high school.

While your morons go OMG NO ADDICTIVE SUBSTANCES LIKE NICOTINE, YOU CAN'T BE ADDICTED, you need to realize that people get addicted to substances merely for the feeling of joy in the process, it does not need addictive chemicals to make it so hungered for that the lazy and stupid would kill for it. the simple fact you pro pot patriots don't understand how your habit harms everyone around you is undeniable proof that either you were born with the intellectual capacity of a marshmallow, or your just plain stupid from the pot. Annnnd it is a gateway drug because smoking it while doable solo, is clearly preferred by the majority in a friend setting, making it follow the same path as smoking cigarettes, the only difference is since pot contains no addictive chemicals, your more likely to turn to other drugs if you eventually feel your pot is just not covering all the bases to make you a happy-go-lucky-hippy.

~Good Ol' Rule Applies Here~>
"Survival of the Fittest."
If you weaklings can't manage without your pot crutches, go die.
Holy shit. Ok, in order, anecdotal evidence doesn't work, if you're going to outlaw mental addictions have fun outlawing EVERYTHING, nice ad hominem, and no other drug provides the same high as weed, so your gateway argument makes as much sense as saying drinking alcohol leads to shooting heroin. By the way, I don't smoke marijuana.

And with that, since you're telling people to die simply because of the choices they make, I'm not going to reply after this. It's sorta sad that you can't argue your case without being so childish.
Pishaw, common sense and everyday public events are the evidence, and on the basis of no other drug offering the same high, your completely off base on what I've said, its not the high, its the feeling of a crutch because their too weak to take life as is so they have to mentally delude themselves into feeling happy and worry free, pot is a gateway drug in the manor that it makes potheads believe they have a functional and harmless escape from reality as is, and with prolonged use, its effects become less prevalent and more resisted, when they loose that crutch they'll go seeking another, just like a computer/internet addict will poor the entirety of their spare time into their cell phone for more then convenient use, if their pc craps out on them.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Twilight_guy said:
I want it banned. I also want alcohol banned too, so apparently I'm just a crazy tosser. I'm against weed though because I consider it to just be plain dumb (why do you have to get high to have an enjoyable time?) and legalizing it would encourage people to use it.
people are always going to want their fix weather you ban it or not...remember how effective prohibition was?

my point as you cant ban somthing....people dont like being told what to do and if they want their fix theyll take it

dstoner

Apr 15, 2011
The_Yeti said:
what were you dropped on your head? do you really believe you can regulate pot? its illegal and still not under control lol. Secondly what i've said is common sense applied to everyday examination, y'know, the kind of sense that tells you not to suck smoke into your lungs.
was i dropped? no man, yur the moron saying 90% of your classmates stole from and assaulted people for weed... clearly your delusional, and ignorant.

as for "its illegal and still not under control lol." i kno, ive already stated that, studies show prohibition doesnt work. are u illiterate? maybe the best way to control it, is to let the government control it, instead of criminals. u simplistic, dim-witted, mind controlled drone.

"the kind of sense that tells you not to suck smoke into your lungs."
1 its not cancer causing
2 it can be eaten or vaporized (which means, no smoke... since u clearly could not comprehend that)
3 STOP RUNNING YOUR MOUTH ABOUT SHIT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT... your just making yourself look like a fuckin idiot.

4... what the fuck are u saying here "common sense applied to everyday examination, y'know, the kind of sense that tells you not to"????
everyday examination? were not looking for breast lumps here...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Vault101 said:
Twilight_guy said:
I want it banned. I also want alcohol banned too, so apparently I'm just a crazy tosser. I'm against weed though because I consider it to just be plain dumb (why do you have to get high to have an enjoyable time?) and legalizing it would encourage people to use it.
people are always going to want their fix weather you ban it or not...remember how effective prohibition was?

my point as you cant ban somthing....people dont like being told what to do and if they want their fix theyll take it
I know that you cant stop it completely, but that doesn't mean we have to legalize it. With that attitude we mind as well remove the penalties for murder since people are just going to keep killing other people. The point is to keep it illegal so even if it isn't stopping anything its at least discouraging it and retarding its growth among people.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Twilight_guy said:
Vault101 said:
Twilight_guy said:

I know that you cant stop it completely, but that doesn't mean we have to legalize it. With that attitude we mind as well remove the penalties for murder since people are just going to keep killing other people. The point is to keep it illegal so even if it isn't stopping anything its at least discouraging it and retarding its growth among people.
well I think people have a right to be able to unwind from time to time (weather thats from weed or alchohol is another matter) I mean honestly if we all had to live in a healthy nanny state that would be no fun at all

dstoner

Apr 15, 2011
The_Yeti said:
Pishaw, common sense and everyday public events are the evidence, and on the basis of no other drug offering the same high, your completely off base on what I've said, its not the high, its the feeling of a crutch because their too weak to take life as is so they have to mentally delude themselves into feeling happy and worry free, pot is a gateway drug in the manor that it makes potheads believe they have a functional and harmless escape from reality as is, and with prolonged use, its effects become less prevalent and more resisted, when they loose that crutch they'll go seeking another, just like a computer/internet addict will poor the entirety of their spare time into their cell phone for more then convenient use, if their pc craps out on them.
are u done talking out your ass? lol. man u must be the most insecure person in the world.
1 u seem to think stoners r 'weak'... but u keep trying to insult us... lol apparently your the weak one.
2 its not a crutch OR escape from reality, like video games are to u. weed doesnt alter reality, and it does not distract u from it... again, u have no idea what your even talking about...

dstoner

Apr 15, 2011
Twilight_guy said:
Vault101 said:
Twilight_guy said:

so u prefer it the way it is? 60% of our jails are filled with people who got busted for marijuana possession (not murderers, maybe cops should actually focus on keeping us safe, instead of trying to make us scared). each year we spend BILLIONS on busting people for weed (which we should just cut, and start making money off it!). its more available to teens now, then it would be legalized... the list goes on and on... wake up!

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
dstoner said:
The_Yeti said:
was i dropped? no man, yur the moron saying 90% of your classmates stole from and assaulted people for weed... clearly your delusional, and ignorant.

as for "its illegal and still not under control lol." i kno, ive already stated that, studies show prohibition doesnt work. are u illiterate? maybe the best way to control it, is to let the government control it, instead of criminals. u simplistic, dim-witted, mind controlled drone.

1 its not cancer causing
2 it can be eaten or vaporized (which means, no smoke... since u clearly could not comprehend that)
3 STOP RUNNING YOUR MOUTH ABOUT SHIT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT... your just making yourself look like a fuckin idiot.
1 you clearly didn't go to my school, or you'd know i was right, 2 it doesn't need to cause cancer to be obviously negative in the manor that it deludes the mind, the only tool we own that makes us above the rest of nature. 3 the fact you incorrectly debate everything, quite frankly makes you the idiot. 4 sure it can be eaten, but it still causes the same stupidity through mental delusion. 5 there is less of it around with it illegal then there would be if the government was regulating it, and less obviously equals less available opportunity for jackasses to be blowing smoke around others, or causing accidents due to mental delusion, 6 Your argument is as invalid as your poor reasoning, asking for any sliver of pot freedom and thinking you can involve the government, the act of governing is to limit freedoms for better or worse, and the fact its not legal is proof that the majority doesn't wish to be subjected to potheads like you on a day to day basis when there is enough drunks, coke heads, and other brain-dead "freedom fighters" like yourself looking to make public a substance that clearly has no place in civilized behavior/society which are only so prevalent because choosing personal happiness over universal functionality is widespread among those so ignorant, they don't realize their access and use of pot or other mentally deluding substances alone or otherwise still causes problems for others, factually infringing upon others freedom of not having the option of whether or not to have to deal with people like you in an insipid state that causes migraines to fellows that have thought processes beyond whats best for themselves.

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
dstoner said:
The_Yeti said:
are u done talking out your ass? lol. man u must be the most insecure person in the world.
1 u seem to think stoners r 'weak'... but u keep trying to insult us... lol apparently your the weak one.
2 its not a crutch OR escape from reality, like video games are to u. weed doesnt alter reality, and it does not distract u from it... again, u have no idea what your even talking about...
1 I'm insecure? you accused me of typing before i even did.
2 You were the first to use third-grade name calling.
3 Your projection of your own issues onto others while needlessly trolling an informative debate long after its original post, is proof you can't deal with current reality, and find pot so important you must debate its usefulness publicly even if it means picking a fight.

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
dstoner said:
The_Yeti said:
dstoner said:
The_Yeti said:

1 its not cancer causing
1 you clearly didn't go to my school, or you'd know i was right, 2 it doesn't need to cause cancer to be obviously negative in the manor that it deludes the mind, the only tool we own that makes us above the rest of nature. 3 the fact you incorrectly debate everything, quite frankly makes you the idiot. 4 sure it can be eaten, but it still causes the same stupidity through mental delusion. 5 there is less of it around with it illegal then there would be if the government was regulating it, and less obviously equals less available opportunity for jackasses to be blowing smoke around others, or causing accidents due to mental delusion, 6 Your argument is as invalid as your poor reasoning, asking for any sliver of pot freedom and thinking you can involve the government, the act of governing is to limit freedoms for better or worse, and the fact its not legal is proof that the majority doesn't wish to be subjected to potheads like you on a day to day basis when there is enough drunks, coke heads, and other brain-dead "freedom fighters" like yourself looking to make public a substance that clearly has no place in civilized behavior/society which are only so prevalent because choosing personal happiness over universal functionality is widespread among those so ignorant, they don't realize their access and use of pot or other mentally deluding substances alone or otherwise still causes problems for others, factually infringing upon others freedom of not having the option of whether or not to have to deal with people like you in an insipid state that causes migraines to fellows that have thought processes beyond whats best for themselves.
your like talking to a wall... and your spitting straight bullshit.
1. 90% of your class didnt even smoke weed everyday, never mind get addicted, or start ASSAULTING PEOPLE FOR WEED... keep talking out your ass.
2.U WERE TALKING ABOUT INHALING SMOKE... fuck your stupid...
3. your the one talking shit. ive provided links to studies to support my view... u've been making shit up. again, your delusional.
4. how would u know? its never been tested. STOP MAKING SHIT UP RETARD.
5. hahahhaa what are u talking about, u just said 90% of your class was addicted to it as if it was crack... how much more available can it get?.... and again, your full of shit. it would be harder to get for teens.
6. nice rant. try learning how to form proper paragraphs. moron... and again, yur just making shit up... like fuckin always. except now u accuse me of making shit up, EVEN AFTER I HAVE LINKED TO ALL KINDS OF SCIENTIFIC PROOF TO SUPPORT MY IDEAS.

fuck, grow up, open your mind, and let go of those government lies that have been forced into your head. most of them have been proven as lies for well over 2 decades... u stupid fuckin retard... jesus christ your dumb...
1. Not only did they, they openly spoke proudly about doing so.
2. I mentioned the smoke, I made the importance of the mentally deluded effects from either manor.
3. Your studies prove that people with money waste time pondering what stupid people say, and how hard-pressed you are on the importance of the use of pot, for less conventional uses then what is vastly currently needed.
4. Never been tested, what you think people haven't done this crap? LMAO.
5. Through legalization or regulation every jailed pot dealer would be in the fold and on the streets, i'd say not only plenty, but excessively publicly.
6. Projecting again are we? my lack of english structure? you'd better take a look at your spelling and third-grade name calling.

Government lies? what are you in the seventies? nobody listens to the government anymore, everybody knows their criminals in their own right, they've just got the power in the situation.

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
dstoner said:
The_Yeti said:
dstoner said:
The_Yeti said:
1 I'm insecure? you accused me of typing before i even did.
2 You were the first to use third-grade name calling.
3 Your projection of your own issues onto others while needlessly trolling an informative debate long after its original post, is proof you can't deal with current reality, and find pot so important you must debate its usefulness publicly even if it means picking a fight.
1 yes
2 again your lying, it was actually you
3 your imagination working at full potential again

u know, i think i'd rather be this 'evil stoner' then be a compulsive liar like yourself, who preaches hallucinations as fact.
1. your 1 reiterates my 3.
2. your 2 also reiterates my 3.
3. your 3 once again, reiterates my 3.
4. your after comment reiterates my 3 double so, and proves you do not know the difference between delusion, hallucination, and common sense by examination.

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
Honestly, I see less reason to smoking tobacco than to smoking weed.
But I still think weed should be illegal.
Actually - while I'm on the subject - why does anybody actually smoke tobacco? it isn't pleasant in any way. it's just addictive.
Unpleasant, unhealthy, antisocial AND detrimental to the health of uninvolved parties! It has no upside like weed does! Weed at least gives you a high! I feel like I'm going insane! Why does anybody smoke!?

Ahem, anyway.

The reason weed kills less than alcohol is probably because 60000000% (rough estimate) more people drink alcohol than smoke weed...that's fairly obvious.
I'm not against anything people choose to willingly subject themselves to if it doesn't negatively affect other uninvolved people, but I've thought about it and cannot justify to myself that weed only affects those who smoke it. I see it as being far worse than alcohol and tobacco in this regard.

Not to mention tobacco and alcohol have been socially acceptable in countries all over the world for centuries, so more is known about them, how to properly deal with them, and the implications involved in partaking in the consumption of them.

It is shocking to see how many people genuinely think that weed is practically harmless.

And that's coming from somebody who loathes censorship and banning.

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
Elcarsh said:
Nihilism_Is_Bliss said:
I'm not against anything people choose to willingly subject themselves to if it doesn't negatively affect other uninvolved people, but I've thought about it and cannot justify to myself that weed only affects those who smoke it. I see it as being far worse than alcohol and tobacco in this regard.

[...]

It is shocking to see how many people genuinely think that weed is practically harmless.
I'd really like to know what these negative consequences for other people when someone smokes pot are.

Do people beat up their spouses after one too many joints?

Do they knife people in the gut on the street because they looked at them funny after one too many joints?

If we just forget about the harm done to the smoker him/herself, what exactly is supposed to be the harm to the people around him/her?
I was thinking more along the lines of incidents such as the obvious car crashes caused by increased inattentiveness on a weed high.

Or the drastically increased chance of lung cancer from second hand smoke.

Regarding the first point, you would have to create and alter so many laws in so many departments so as to regulate what jobs cannot be carried out within a short period of smoking, and then all that would have to be regulated. The regulations with something like alcohol are something that have been established over a long period of time, this would be completely new and different.

I had others, but it's past 2AM and my brain isn't functioning.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Nihilism_Is_Bliss said:
Elcarsh said:
Nihilism_Is_Bliss said:

[...]

I'd really like to know what these negative consequences for other people when someone smokes pot are.

Do they knife people in the gut on the street because they looked at them funny after one too many joints?

If we just forget about the harm done to the smoker him/herself, what exactly is supposed to be the harm to the people around him/her?
I was thinking more along the lines of incidents such as the obvious car crashes caused by increased inattentiveness on a weed high.

Regarding the first point, you would have to create and alter so many laws in so many departments so as to regulate what jobs cannot be carried out within a short period of smoking, and then all that would have to regulated. The regulations with something like alcohol are something that have been established over a long period of time, this would be completely new and different.

First off, driving while under the influence is illegal.
And what do you mean by the "obvious car crashes"?

Second hand smoking from cannabis should be regulated along with tobacco, problem solved.

Your last point is, to me, invalid.
Having something be illegal because it's more convenient for the government is not a proper argument for keeping said things illegal.

Those who engage in recreational use of cannabis harm no one but themselves, and that "harm" is not all that severe.
There is no indication whatsoever that decriminalizing cannabis leads to more people choosing to smoke cannabis.
Thus there is no rational reason for it to still be illegal.

Philip Petrunak

Apr 3, 2010
The war on drugs has destroyed of millions upon millions of lives. Gang wars in Mexico. Hundreds of thousands guilty of only the modern equivalent of bootlegging. Many innocence imprisoned. Homes broken. Whole communities shattered.

This shit must stop. The drug war is not a joke, no, it stopped being funny a decade ago.

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
fenrizz said:
Nihilism_Is_Bliss said:
Elcarsh said:
Nihilism_Is_Bliss said:

[...]

Regarding the first point, you would have to create and alter so many laws in so many departments so as to regulate what jobs cannot be carried out within a short period of smoking, and then all that would have to regulated. The regulations with something like alcohol are something that have been established over a long period of time, this would be completely new and different.

First off, driving while under the influence is illegal.
And what do you mean by the "obvious car crashes"?

Second hand smoking from cannabis should be regulated along with tobacco, problem solved.

Your last point is, to me, invalid.
Having something be illegal because it's more convenient for the government is not a proper argument for keeping said things illegal.

Those who engage in recreational use of cannabis harm no one but themselves, and that "harm" is not all that severe.
There is no indication whatsoever that decriminalizing cannabis leads to more people choosing to smoke cannabis.
Thus there is no rational reason for it to still be illegal.
You honestly believe decriminalising cannabis would not lead to more people using it? How about the reason it would no longer be illegal? Price drops and no penalty. People who, I don't know, obey the rules would start trying it, and the people already on it can attain it more easily and up their usage. Pretty simple to understand.
And yes, the harm is more severe than everyone seems to be making out it is.
It's worse than cigarettes by a long shot, and you'd have to be stupid to smoke those.

The last point was more pointing out that any government couldn't possibly cover all bases sufficiently first try if they were to legalise a previously illicit drug, so there will therefore be holes in the law, and use will not be regulated sufficiently for some time - therefore causing unnecessary harm.

And what do you mean 'regulated with tobacco'?
First off, how is it regulated with tobacco? And also, there are only so many many ways to prevent second-hand smoke.
You going to make it illegal for people to smoke outside in public like in some countries with cigarettes? Fine, then only their growing children suffer from the second-hand smoke indoors. There is no way to sufficiently 'regulate' second-hand smoke.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
I'm for it, but not because I smoke it. It's because by legalizing it you will make it insanely overtaxed luxury good heavily goverment controlled. Even heavier than now because the country will make loads of money off it.

So it gives the country monies, it keeps kids from getting their drugs from some shady character on the corner that might be peeing in it for all we know.

Everything works out for the best.