Poll: What browser do you use?

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
InProgress said:
Opera, but use Firefox for Quake live and other sites that aren't supported by Opera and Chrome, but most of the time just Opera.
Ditto. I tried to switch to Chrome, but, after screaming at it about how it opened and closed tabs ("WHY ARE YOU SWITCHING TO THAT TAB NOW?!") and the lack of a stop button ("WHY CAN'T I TELL YOU TO STOP? OH GOD, WHY?!"), I switched back with great rapidity. That, and the fact that it used three times the memory of Opera. I also missed gestures ("I'm holding down the right mouse and clicking the left. Why isn't it going back? Oh yeah, Chrome."), a decent feed reader, the Open Closed Tabs shortcut, and a readable history. I still use Chrome for some sites, though.

I use Firefox on my laptop when in college, though. Mostly because its proxy settings are better than Opera 10 Turbo's. So I use the latter when I'm at home.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
Firefox. It can be a bit cluttered but it is very pretty, has some excellent add ons (like the spell checker) and it's nice and fast. Chrome just seems too.... clunky. I think in a few years it will probably be where it's at as far as web browsers go but until then it's got to be Firefox.

Monkz.

Apr 14, 2009
FF. never tried chrome, mainly cuz im a bit annoyed at how google ruined youtube w/ blocking loads of music songs. Is chrome really that great?

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
Chrome, tried out the beta and I can't be arsed to switch browsers again, it fulfills my needs well enough. (Though it's spell checker is complete crap.)

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
IE. Screw you I like it and (almost) never have any problems with it. I also use Firefox occasionally and even Safari sometimes.

And this thread has been done tons of times. The search button is your friend.

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
I have both Firefox and Safari on my Macbook. My Safari works very well with the computer itself, especially for uploads and downloads. Firefox is my usual browser though, because I have it customized just the way I like it. Imeem in the sidebar FTW!!!

Aethin

Apr 15, 2009
Ya, Mozilla Firefox, obviously the best choice for a browser. Just Kidding :p

It really depends what you expect from the browser. I expect good ad protection, NoScript, and other useful functions, and that's what I like about Firefox.

sulld1

Apr 14, 2009
google chrome rocks. it's fast unless you have too many tabs open like i always manage to do

The Young One

Mar 26, 2009
I used to use Firefox all the time, then I had a couple of problems with it so now I use Google Chrome.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
Firefox for general browsing, and IE for any non youtube video's, just because I can't be bothered with getting all the little bits and pieces :p