dnnydllr

Apr 5, 2009
Nice to see I'm part of the trend =)
Firefox all the way!!!
I do enjoy other browsers though.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I've been using Firefox for ages now but, after a lot of trouble with it that forced casual use of Google Chrome, I uninstalled it this evening. I've been having a lot of problems with my computer - my internet connection will drop without warning, at which point the computer will often refuse to shut down, or at least wait 5-10 minutes between clicking 'shut down' and actually shutting down. I find myself turning the computer off at the wall several times a day as a result.

Well... I opened Firefox today to find it had reverted to some older settings or something, so I uninstalled it. The connection hasn't dropped since, leading me to believe that Firefox was the cause. So yeah, I'm sticking with Chrome at the moment - despite the handful of little quirks that make me want to scream, at least it works.

I'll probably reinstall Firefox at some point, perhaps in a month or so when I'm done with studying and such.

karl_eller

Aug 7, 2008
Chrome. I <3 the minimal UI, it's fast, handles the Uni's Java-based proxy quite well (which causes FF to freeze when I have multiple tabs open), faster than FF when you use a lot of tabs, handles badly coded Javascript and Flash quite well, separate threads for each tab means that one shitty site doesn't cause the whole browser to crash, and I love being able to drag a tab off and create a new window with it (great if I'm having to alt-tab between two pages. It has a little bit more memory overhead than FF or Opera, but IMO it makes up for it. You get used to the way it swaps to tabs fairly quickly, as it opens new tabs next to the current tab, and when closing the current tab it'll swap to the last viewed tab.

I still keep FF around for things like FTP (FireFTP was one of the few plug-ins for FF that I really needed), but 95% of the time I'm using chrome.

KBKarma said:
[snip]and the lack of a stop button ("WHY CAN'T I TELL YOU TO STOP? OH GOD, WHY?!")[snip]
The stop button is to the right of the address bar. Usually is a Go/Play triangle, but when loading a page it changes to the stop button. Just like in IE7/8 :p

Eller

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I use Internet Explorer for the ease and the speed. Everyone who cares tries to get me to change, but people who care that much about what I look at websites in really aren't worth listening to.