Poll: What console are you playing Skyrim on?

ShakyFt Slasher

Feb 3, 2011
freakonaleash said:
ShakyFt Slasher said:
I'm not playing it on PC because I'm a lesser being. I'm not playing it on PS3 because PS3 owners get screwed over with DLC on Bethesda games. That leaves Xbox 360.
Speaking of PS3...why exactly DOES bethesda put out DLC for PS3 later?
I think they have a deal with Microsoft or something like that.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
freakonaleash said:
ShakyFt Slasher said:
I'm not playing it on PC because I'm a lesser being. I'm not playing it on PS3 because PS3 owners get screwed over with DLC on Bethesda games. That leaves Xbox 360.
Speaking of PS3...why exactly DOES bethesda put out DLC for PS3 later?
Cause Microsoft buys the rights to have it exclusive for a period of time.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Omnific One said:
zehydra said:
Omnific One said:
zehydra said:
Omnific One said:
zehydra said:
Omnific One said:
PC because of mods. Like everyone with a half-decent computer should.
I dunno, you're probably going to have to need a nicer-end computer to play this game on good graphics at a decent fps.

I'll be playing it on the PC, but because I can run it on my laptop on higher graphics than the XBOX. I don't care much for elderscrolls mods. I've always liked the vanilla versions better.
It doesn't take much to run a game at 720p at 30 frames per second at medium settings (360/PS3 levels). I dropped a 25 dollar video card into a crappy single core sytem and was pulling that off on newer (2010/2011) games.

For 415 dollars, I got a system that runs Crysis and the Witcher 2 at almost full settings at 1080p. Guess what else is around that price?
You got a system that runs Crysis at 1080p at full fps for $415?

What did you buy?

Edit: I don't really like playing any modern games at anything less than 1080p
I mean it will dip down into the 30s when the action is really heavy, but it hangs around 45-60 pretty much everywhere else. Including the snow levels. Except for the final fight, which is one of the most unoptimized messes I have ever encountered.

Athlon II X4 3.00 ghz $100
5770 $100
Case $30
4 gigs 1333mhz DDr3 $30
Asus Mobo $70
1 TB HDD $50
PSU $30

$410

Plus I ripped the old HDD out of my computer and used it to install XP (recovered it and it recovered onto my new drive as it was first in BIOS); and I ripped the old DVD drive out.

Though eventually I put $30 into a wireless mouse and keyboard and $100 into 64 bit Windows 7, but that was optional.
I'm surprised at how cheap that is. Where did you get it?
Sales; I used Amazon for the case, TigerDirect for the memory, Superbiiz for the HDD, and Newegg for everything else. Free shipping on everything.
that's pretty impressive

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
zehydra said:
Omnific One said:
Sales; I used Amazon for the case, TigerDirect for the memory, Superbiiz for the HDD, and Newegg for everything else. Free shipping on everything.
that's pretty impressive
Granted, it take a few weeks of checking around on said sites occasionally to find these deals.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
Hopefully PC if it can run it. A bit because of mods (I only download a few mods- for me most just take away the original experience) but mostly for the smooth controls, and my brand leather desk chair I've got. Much comfier than that old sofa the dogs sleep on.
The only downside is that none of my friends go on the computer over XBox so I'll be alone most of the time. Though that probably is the best way to play it, I still wish I could just talk to them every now and again.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States

already have the system and already pre-ordered the game for it.

However, it makes for this week into what feels like the slowest week ever.