Poll: What do you do with no internet?

FrostyV3

Feb 22, 2009
What do you do when you are heavily capped or have your internet completely disconnected?
Personally, I just watch movies and steal the neighbor's WiFi if it's an emergency.
~Frosty.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Xbox 360 until my eyes bleed. Then start reading, going to movie theatres and renting DVDs before finally caving in, doing the unthinkable and actually start dating the opposite sex and leaving my basement.

Oh I would also start making thread topics in casual conversation or as my friend calls it 'real life threading' or 'open world OPing'.

koichan

Apr 7, 2009
FrostyV3 said:
What do you do when you are heavily capped or have your internet completely disconnected?
I have a 3G PDA/phone hybrid, that i can surf the net on (slowly) or connect to my laptop as a 3G modem as well.

That said, i'd be on the stealing neighbour's wifi option if they didn't all have security enabled :p

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Hah this happened to me last night. I couldn't figure out why my internet was gone, so I panicked and thought my computer had some crazy virus. Then I realized that my wireless card was turned off. I felt stupid.

Anyways, if there is no internet and I can;t do anything about it, I just go do something else. No big deal.

WaffleTron

Apr 27, 2009
I think you need to add "Curl up in the fetal position and cry hysterically" to your poll, but to answer your question, that. XP

dwightsteel

Feb 7, 2007
I get over those 2 1/2 seconds of frustration, and remember that I'm a human being, which by nature is a SOCIAL creature.

Jun 13, 2009
First I react like this:

Then I go read, get bored, play Xbox 360, get more bored and eventually start feeling shut in because I live in the middle of nowhere and without the net I can't contact friends very easily to get out and do stuff (if my internet is gone then my entire landline must be down) and I don't get mobile signal. I'm cut off from the world DX

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
For me it's simple...... I do things the way we did before the webber-net......you know write things by hand, send physical letters , use physical books for research...

I mean survival is easy for me, as Im older than the net and lived without it once, can do so again.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I mostly play singleplayer games anyway, so it's not that bad...
However, I hate not being able to quickly check my email or look into the forums, wiki or google...