Poll: What do you use: Console or PC?

JackyG

Jun 26, 2011
I had to sell practically everything I owned last year to pay rent (consoles, big tv, any game/dvd without a steamworks code) so now I game on my phone and my PC. it's an M11X gaming laptop that I bought a few years ago on the cheap. best 800 I ever spent. it's been a godsend as i've been moving around all this time.

Hawkeye 131

Jun 2, 2012
I'm new to the PC and so far I'm glad I switched. Each system has it's pro's and con's the PC appears to have the best ratio though.

I'm playing through The Witcher 2, BioShock and Borderlands on my PC now but I'm still playing on my Xbox because Halo 4 just came out. Should jump right back into the PC when Crysis 3 comes out provided EA doesn't spunk Origin all over the PC version.

-Hawk

debra_ beretta

Sep 8, 2010
Well, up until later on this week, I will have been primarily a 360 gamer, but I have just invested a rather large amount in a brand new PC, so I should imagine that I will be using that more often. I refuse to "take sides" in the consoles vs PC argument as I enjoy gaming on nearly all platforms, it has been more a case of being able to spend a good chunk of money on a new PC which has held me back so far. I will be looking forward to catching up with seven years of missed PC exclusives, however :)

Hafnium

Jun 15, 2009
PS3, but it used to be PC. Don't have the budget for a good pc, just a laptop for school, though it's ok for a lot of games.

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
I was mainly a console gamer until early this generation. I play mainly on PC now because I like the customization options. I find it very satisfying to play games on a machine with hand picked parts and have it run at 60fps at 1920x1080.

If I play on consoles it's mainly for the exclusives. I have a Wii for the Mario games, which I played quite a bit.

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
I own the two big consoles and just a standard labtop, most gaming occurs on my xbox though, with some gaming on my PC coming in second.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I'm pretty surprised by the poll results actually. I have long figured this site to be heavily console users. Maybe the demographic is changing on this site.

Anyway, I'm mainly a PC user. I also have a Wii. And my brother has an Xbox.

I still haven't decided which I prefer more, Skyrim on the PC or Xbox. (Yes, I only play vanilla, shush)

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
After sitting all day in front of a PC with no graphics card and 500MB of Ram, i can't stand to sit in front of a home PC for even 30 min. Now laying on the comfy sofa with only 13 buttons and two analog sticks wirelessly is the way to go.

PC games are gearing toward the wireless controllers too for this reason.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Well I play on most of them but in order of recent usage it would be

PS3
PS2
PC
Wii
PSP
DS
SNES

I dont have a 3DS or Vita (although may get a vita someday) as handheld gaming has never really suited me so unless I am going to be away from home for long periods I never bother I usually just take a book. Oh and havent played games on my phone since my Nokia 3330 really dislike phone gaming for some reason.

Traditionally I am more of a console gamer and while I wont ignore good games that I want to play if they are PC exclusive (or imo better suited to pc) I prefer to play on consoles its just much more relaxing for me as I use PCs for work and I can never quite shake that work mode feeling when sitting in front of one.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
PC.
I have a PS3 I use a lot, but I get more use out of my PC by a vast margin. I also use an emulator on my PC to play PS2 games, ever since my PS2 started being retarded.

Catrixa

May 21, 2011
I play my big, shiny, PC, my lesser-but-still-pretty-shiny gaming lappy, and my not-very-shiny 3DS (shininess measured by equation using the number of attached LED's and horsepower of system). I have a Wii, 360, and PS3, but none of those get as much love and attention as my PCs and handheld (and I've been playing Pokemon like it's going out of style... still not sure why I even HAVE a 3DS... future Pokemon, maybe...).

But I chose potato, because it was an available answer on this poll.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
PC. Bought myself one of them ShiMian 27" 2560x1440 screens so it's all shiny and nice right now.
I own an Xbox, but the games are more expensive (My main reason for never using it), the online costs money, I can run higher res on my PC, I prefer mouse keyboard, I'm usually on my PC anyway... so I'm not really sure why'd I'd buy games for it. I do tend to forget it exists...

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I tend to play the most on my Xbox 360. This is because I rent a lot of games and that really isn't an option for the PC.

However I confess that most of my purchases tend to be on the PC.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
I'm playing mostly PC now, since I am away from my consoles. However when I go back to my home, I usually only play console games except for an occasional game on PC.