Poll: what do you want done with your body after you die

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Erja_Perttu said:
I'm disappointed there's no 'Viking Funeral' option here. What if I wanted to get burned on a boat? There's just not the facilities for it... Wait a minute - I sense a business venture. To the internet!
I know, right? From what I've been told, "Viking" funerals are more like an awesome party than morning the loss of a loved one.

OT: But yeah, being burnt on a boat viking style would be a spectacle. Maybe after donating some organs.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Shite...haven't really thought about it.

Honestly I'm going to say balls to the more modest ideas presented in this thread and say I want something old-school. Being buried preferably, but maybe being cremated and having my ashes poured into a river would be a nice, symbolic way of moving on for both me and those there for me down the road.

Balls to the apparently agressive need for space six feet under the Earth (ignoring such a thing as burials so the world can greedily thunder on is a bit of a depressing thought actually), I'm the one that died so I don't see why I can't pass on peacefully.

As for the organ donation route, sounds like a nice thing to do, why not? It's not like it's desecrating my entire body or anything, could help save a life :D. Heck, maybe the people I donate my parts to will donate those parts and those that take them will donate those parts and so on so a part of me (aside from my outstanding legacy of fucking bitches and getting money) will always go on.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
If I told you the exact details I'll be shipped to bansville for all eternity in the most swiftest of moments. Instead I'll just say that I'm immortal, I will never die!

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
As long as I have a normal funeral with a casket and whatnot I really don't care what happens to my body. Donate to science, strip me for parts, or cremation. After I'm dead I can't really complain what you do with me.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I want to be shot out of a cannon into the sun or maybe just the windshield of passing shuttle. Space roadkill!

Actually I don't really care since my body is just worm food after I'm out of here so I prefer it to be disposed of with respect and using as little money as possible(pine box or maybe Viking style pyre if they can get the permits).

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
I want to be carried to the open ocean by plane, and set on fire as my corpse sky-dives into the sea.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Cremated - The only way I'll be COMPLETELY sure I'm dead so I don't buried alive or some shit.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
I've donated my organs for transplants and the rest of my body is being donated to science.

EDIT: Eeeer, I will when I die. Hopefully. Unless there's like a zombie apocalypse or something.

lior13

Jul 21, 2009
im jewish so i dont get a case anls i die while serves in the army outer wise my body gets torwn in to the gound whit or flag

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008

Seriously, probably cremated, but whatever my loved ones feel most comfortable with.

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
evilneko said:
I wanna be cremated, stored in a coffee can, then taken to a west-facing cliff and dumped into an easterly wind.
God dammit Walter, it's always a fuckin' travesty with you, man!
Anyhows, I really couldn't care less, man. A body is just a bag made of skin that I go into. When my brain dies, I die, and there is nothing of me in 70kg of flesh. So do what you want with my cadaver. Share it, fair it, just don't take a slice of my pie.

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
Ask me when I'm dead. If I don't give any intelligent response you can throw me in a ditch on the side of the road for what I care.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
GeneWard said:
evilneko said:
I wanna be cremated, stored in a coffee can, then taken to a west-facing cliff and dumped into an easterly wind.
God dammit Walter, it's always a fuckin' travesty with you, man!
Anyhows, I really couldn't care less, man. A body is just a bag made of skin that I go into. When my brain dies, I die, and there is nothing of me in 70kg of flesh. So do what you want with my cadaver. Share it, fair it, just don't take a slice of my pie.

Okay I lied, I stole a slice.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Frozen, duh!

But then if I'm not actually in a condition worth trying to preserve, like my brain is in little pieces and they think a stray dog ran off with part of it, then I want the resulting mess to be destroyed in the most wasteful fashion possible. Any money I have by that point will go into the memorial stone, which will be just a gigantic marble phallus as big as possible. No one will inherit anything from me except the occasional boot to the head.