Poll: what do you want done with your body after you die

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
i personally fall under the "don't care" category. i'm donating all of my organs and letting my loved ones decide what to do with the rest of me. i always felt that the funeral was always a means to help the living let go of the dead and to be at peace with the loss of someone so i just want to help them get through it the way they think is best

obviously if they want an open casket i might not want to donate my skin and eyes...

so when you die what do you want done with your remains?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
DoN't care . I'm dead , i won't know. I'll no longer be in said body . You can't kill a dead man , so what ever happens to my body doesn't matter , i won't be there to witness it.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
I wanna be cremated, stored in a coffee can, then taken to a west-facing cliff and dumped into an easterly wind.

....cookie for the reference.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
I wanna be buried deep under a sapling, then in an awesome kinda vampiric cycle of rebirth the minerals and nutrients of my body will enter the tree. An amount of my matter will be tree. Which i find kinda cool. Also its a waste of wood/jewelery/clothes to be buried in a casket. I wanna donate organs too.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
No scientific donation option? I'm disappointed. If I'm dead I obviously can't care or even know what happens to my corpse, so really it won't matter to me. But seeing as I'm alive now and able to think about it I would say that I'd like my body to be used in whatever way is most useful be it harvesting my organs or performing tests with it, and if there is no use for whatever reason then I'd like it to be burned. Why take up space with a dead body?

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
evilneko said:
I wanna be cremated, stored in a coffee can, then taken to a west-facing cliff and dumped into an easterly wind.

That sounds like The Big Lebowski to me.

I haven't thought much about it, but the idea of being buried under a tree is quite a neat one, so some of myself will feed it. Probably end up getting cremated instead, you know, family tradition that it is.
Not that I'll be complaining...

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
evilneko said:

Could it be..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkpZ1AZM2M

I'm going with the old 'donate the stuff people can use, burn the rest' lot. There's no room left in the local graveyard anymore, and none of the rest of my family are in there, so there's not even much of a choice here. Spread me on a plant when I'm all crispy, that'd be cool.

I'm disappointed there's no 'Viking Funeral' option here. What if I wanted to get burned on a boat? There's just not the facilities for it... Wait a minute - I sense a business venture. To the internet!

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Bah, I should've picked something more obscure!

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
I plan to have whatever organs people need donated and then cremate what's left. I'll be dead so I won't need my organs but someone else will. My ashes I want spread but I haven't decided where yet. Most likely one a garden or something to help the flowers grow; continue the whole circle of life thing.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Don't really care. Preferably something really unusual, like replacing my brain with a computer & letting random people remotely control me to terrorise preschoolers. I guess organ donation, if they check through my wallet? I'm on the register.

Fishehh

May 2, 2009
I want to be fired out of a cannon into a river wich will float me down to a medicaly facility where I can then be used for SCIENCE and donation of Organs.

Or just any of those is fine.

By the way:

WTF is this? D:<

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Cremated so there's no prospect of me waking up in a coffin :/ Plus I don't like the idea of my body putrifying and rotting for some reason

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Wouldn't mind if some young and promising medical students learn something on me. On the other hand, I am an organ donor, too.

Meta 99

May 2, 2010
I want anyone interested in cannibalism to be able to eat my flesh if they want. That way they don't have to kill anyone, and we can collect information on what we taste like.

I'm hungry now...

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I wish I could time travel so that I could effectively commit suicide, but with two people. That way the current me could assist the future me, and then I'd slice myself up and check out my own organs. It would be fascinating.

Anyway, I'd like to be chucked in a trash heap since both burial and cremation are bad for the environment, but I'll be dead so I won't really give a shit.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
I want a funeral pyre, preferably on a mountain so my ashes can return to the natural order. If some loved ones want to scoop some up for safekeeping on a bookshelf...so be it.