Poll: What Fallout game is the best? and Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
I've played both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and I've heard a lot of opinions on how New Vegas is really bad or how it's just fallout 3, but much worse. I think that Fallout New Vegas is good if a little reminiscent of fallout 3, but it made me think which one is better and in my opinion Fallout 3 is better, but just barley.

To be fair I think that in time with add-on's and patches I think that fallout: NV could be better than Fallout 3

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Believe it or not, but Fallout 3 isn't the first game in the series.

In my opinion, Fallout 3 is the best, followed by Fallout 2, then New Vegas, then the original.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
the "3" is sorta a dead give away

Edit: This was supposed to be a quote but it's late and i'm tiered.

Alex Berry

Oct 9, 2010
New Vegas may have ironed out alot of the kinks and generally played better, but the story and setting didn't quite rub me (sexually, no?) the way that Fallout 3 did. I could do without the western twang attached to everything.

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
Alex Berry said:
New Vegas may have ironed out alot of the kinks and generally played better, but the story and setting didn't quite rub me (sexually, no?) the way that Fallout 3 did. I could do without the western twang attached to everything.
True true

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
Super Toast said:

In my opinion, Fallout 3 is the best, followed by Fallout 2, then New Vegas, then the original.
I get so sick of hearing this. Theres a reason none of them are options on the poll. They are not comparable to the new installments. They are ancient and suck next to their predecessors,

OT: Fallout 3, but only because of the abundance of glitches, and invisible walls in New Vegas.

Super Toast

Dec 10, 2009
zarix2311 said:
I know I messed up the title
The quote button. Use it. Love it. Marry it.

OT: I prefer Fallout 3 because of the atmosphere. New Vegas feels more like a western, not a post-apocalyptic game. Also, it lags on my computer. And this is coming from a guy who plays The Witcher and Shattered Horizon on Ultra. What the hell, Obsidian?

Stoink

Apr 21, 2010
Everything was great in fallout new vegas there was more stuff to do and improved on fallout 3 in almost everyway, but i just didnt get that same feel i got from playing fallout 3 and thats why its better.

Super Toast

Dec 10, 2009
ExaltedK9 said:
Theres a reason none of them are options on the poll. They are not comparable to the new installments. They are ancient and suck next to their predecessors
You are very much in the minority. I love me some Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but Fallout 2 is still as brilliant today as it was when it was released.

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
ExaltedK9 said:
Super Toast said:

I get so sick of hearing this. Theres a reason none of them are options on the poll. They are not comparable to the new installments. They are ancient and suck next to their predecessors,

OT: Fallout 3, but only because of the abundance of glitches, and invisible walls in New Vegas.
You forgot to put on your flameshield, broseph.
Also predecessors are those that come before.

OT: Fo:3 is my favorite on account of Lincoln's Repeater. It really just makes it better than anything else, period. And yes, I am an Abe Lincoln fanboy.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Fallout: NV has a lot of improvements. Combat, characters, freedom of story progression and the story overall (dispite the start making almost no sense). However FO3 feels beeter. I had more fun and I really liked Lyons Brotherhood and DC.

Maybe it's because F:NV is so similar to FO3 which I've played out twice now, but it isn't the same feeling.

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
randomsix said:
ExaltedK9 said:
Super Toast said:

You forgot to put on your flameshield, broseph.
Also predecessors are those that come before.

OT: Fo:3 is my favorite on account of Lincoln's Repeater. It really just makes it better than anything else, period. And yes, I am an Abe Lincoln fanboy.
Yea I knew I was walking on hallowed ground when I said that I didn't think the first Fallouts were good. I will probably be made and example of...

Oh right, I mixed up my predecessors and successors.

itsnotyouitsme

Dec 27, 2008
I blame my less liking of new vegas on Mr. new vegas. Three dog in fallout made radio that much funner and thus made the whole wasteland fun but Mr. new vegas sounds like he's about to die of old age and continuously seems to spout the same line of "is there a misses vegas?" If they had someone as likable as three dog I'd probably be nicer to it and would have played it some more.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Fallout 2 is the best, but since that isn't an option, Fallout New Vegas. Fallout 3 was good don't get me wrong but it didn't feel like Fallout. So it goes Fallout: New Vegas is great, Fallout 3 was a good game but it wasn't Fallout enough.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Fallout new vegas is actually better than Fallout 3.
The only reason to complain are bugs which were also in F3 but in less amounts.
Fallout NV had more content,better combat,more weapons,more quests,more locations,slightly better graphics and was much more atmospheric and engaging.
The story was much much much more better than the daddy quest.Heck even some of the side missions beat the daddy quest of F3.
It also was much more serious but still had the fallout humor.
But if originals are counted,first would come fallout 1 and then fallout 2 and then any other shitty modern fps you wanna count.
Fallout 1 was good because of the humor,story and the amount of fun had.
Fallout 2 comes second because of the bugs.The bugs in that game are so much that you wouldn't be able to complete the game without fan patch whereas fallout 1 ran better even on modern systems.