Poll: What happens when you see a girl on xbox live?

troth

Jun 8, 2009
Why does the title say POLL?

OT: Wonder why I have not muted everyone already.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
pics plz?

No seriously, I'd treat them normally, kind of. I'm bad at talking to girls in real life too though, so I might not be normal for another reason...

kelnadine

May 18, 2008
Well, I'm a girl, and I've also noticed that some guys are shocked when they see a girl playing. I've never seen it as genuine shock, though. It's more of a joke. A lot of guys think it's funny to repeatedly say that the girl could not be real because girls don't play games. That...gets old.

Sprogus

The Lord of Dreams
Jan 8, 2009
Of course there is also the opposite side of this. The girls that feed off the attention they get for being a "Girl Gamer"

Angry Caterpillar

Feb 26, 2010
I've never understood why people make a big deal of it. I've actually made friends with girl gamers, then my other dumbass try-to-be-suave friends scare them off and they end up removing me from their list. It's like they can't stand me daring to game with the opposite gender!

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Kill them a harshly and ignore them as I would to anyone else online. One of them once asked me "why would I do that to a girl?" "Because the enemy must be purged from the face of the earth!!! Muhahaha!!!" So she reported me but I got away clean...

That was a good day...

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I treat them as another player. I just got a PS3, and one of the first things I saw when trying out Home (Pure shit, by the way) was a guy asking a girl player "So what is a girl like you doing playing games?" I had to resist snarking in his virtual face.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009

But in all seriousness I just try to play normally, the only real problems I've had with this sort of thing arose when I played alot of left 4 dead with a girl who sported the username of one of the powerpuff girls and while it was fun playing the game with her it would sometimes get annoying how she constantly talked about the boomer being so adowable.

CyanLink

Mar 3, 2010
Play the game with her like anyone else on XBox. I'm not getting any from someone who lives on the other side of the country.

HeDarra

Dec 12, 2009
As a girl, I have a tendency to get more aggressive and hunt her down specifically. A big reason that I play video games is the fact that I don't really like other girls. Besides, most of them are uninteresting bimbos anyways.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Nothing much. They're mostly the same skill level as me anyway so why would I deny the extra help/challenge?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
IdealistCommi said:
Ignore her like I do to every other LIVE player
/thread

People on XBL or any online service usually are a pain in the ass.

I avoid them like a tortured metaphor.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
It's not really a big deal for me. It seems like girls react more to girls playing games from what I've seen. Like my sister will walk by and ask me if there are girls who I play with and act stunned when I show her.