Poll: What if you were forced into military?

Flytch

Mar 11, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
I'd take the six month course.
It's shortest, as you said, so there's a smaller window of opportunity for me to get shot at.
While I'm there, I get to pick up neat weapon skills.

If the fighting starts, I defect and kill anyone who comes after me.
With a fucking skinning knife.
Slowly.

I'll ship the bodies back to them until they stop sending people after me.
*backs away slowly*

cheesecake123

Nov 1, 2008
now lets see if im a medic i would probably panic and not know what to do, artillery i would accidentaly blow up my own men, air force i would end up crashing into a control tower, i cant cook and if im making munitions i bound to lose a hand in some machinery.

sooo i guess it frontline combat for me *sigh* that is if i can pass training *sigh*

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Screw conscription. I'd be out of the country when that happened. My stance was hardly chnaged when I watched Starship Troopers the other night (Although I guess being ripped apart by alien bugs is a bit different to being shot at)

DeleteMe1112311

Sep 18, 2008
The specific reason I live in the U.S is because I love my freedom (What little is left.) If they tried to draft us, I would flee to a country with no draft until the war was over. Or, if the patriot act was no longer in effect and I couldn't be imprisoned without trial, I would openly riot against it and refuse to be drafted.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Actually, I AM being forced into the military for a mandatory 2 years of training, which is stupid. We are allies with every single major country.

Flytch

Mar 11, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Flytch said:
MaxTheReaper said:
It's shortest, as you said, so there's a smaller window of opportunity for me to get shot at.

Slowly.

*backs away slowly*
I don't like being forced into things, and I refuse to die as someones' dog.
I agree fully, conscription would never work, too many of us have developed our own minds:D

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Flytch said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Flytch said:
MaxTheReaper said:

Slowly.

*backs away slowly*
I don't like being forced into things, and I refuse to die as someones' dog.
I agree fully, conscription would never work, too many of us have developed our own minds:D
That's part of the reason I made this poll: To see if people would choose to use their minds to agree with a conscription in a time of looming crisis.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I chose the long range combat training; I've always wanted to test whether I'd be any good with an actual rifle...
*ahem*
But, being an asthmatic, I don't think I can be drafted. Dammit... [/sarcasm]

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Either sneak out or do the 6 month thing just for the combat training, but I could get that anywhere. Plus I hate the military, no offense to troops, just the people running it

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I would opt for frontline combat, But then, as soon as i finish uni, i'm joining the infantry.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
I'd work in a field hospital. Don't have to kill anyone (A major problem with sniping or firing artillery or bombing is the knowing that you have killed someone), and I'm generally very altruistic.

meece

Apr 15, 2008
frontline combat, damned if I know why but I *think* I'd rather be doing something and learning something important than just wasting time for several months.....

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Considering what North-Korea has done in the recent days (Armstice? Who needs it? Oh, and UN... If you put snactions on us, we will count that as an act of aggression...) my scenario in the OP might actually not be that far fetched as I originally though.

Considering that, disheartening figures have been revealed in this poll: 17,6% would up and leave the moment a forced conscription was made legal.