Poll: what is stronger... hate or love?

Daemon888

Jul 18, 2008
MiserableOldGit said:
Love -its been mathematically proven by the prisoner's dilemma. Debate over. Cheers, science...

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/prisoner-dilemma/
No offense but the Prisoner's Dilemma is all about self preservation, in some ways unintentional altruism and how it can be motivated by some circumstances. Love and hate are emotions primarily directed at another, often with complete disregard for self. If the prisoner's hated eachother or loved eachother then their choices would be easy but it is their very indifference towards the other that makes the situation interesting. Doesn't really apply here at all IMO.

Anyways, GO HATE! Still kicking ass though love did mount an unexpected second wind. Peace.

Jun 8, 2009
People have killed over both, but let me ask you this. (dons joker mask.) When has a war ever been started over love?

(anyone who says the Trojan war is getting hit over the head with a silver potato...)

Daemon888

Jul 18, 2008
Mad Maniac with axe-firing chainsaw said:
People have killed over both, but let me ask you this. (dons joker mask.) When has a war ever been started over love?

(anyone who says the Trojan war is getting hit over the head with a silver potato...)
Why would anyone mobilize a vast number of young people to die because they loved someone? And why is starting a war the sine qua non of absolute power. If you can't start a war you are a weak emotion... not sure I buy that.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Hate. Hate kills millions. Love saves thousands. Do the math, if love was a more dominant theme then it wuld be the other way round, no? Everyone hates as a first thought. Love takes far longer to get round to though.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Though frankly they're both a waste of time - love especially.
You will all die alone.
Unloved.
And that's why I voted hate.

Hate is far more prevalent in people it seems, suggesting it's a stronger emotion.

Also I don't love anybody but have developed quite a bit of hate for some things/people recently.

GRRR...

Edit: Also I would kill for hate and not feel bad about it, but killing for love I would regret.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Though frankly they're both a waste of time - love especially.
You will all die alone.
Unloved.
Would you like to talk about it? You seem angry. I'm here for you if you need some help. :D

Personally I think that either one can top the other depending on who and the circumstances.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Kriptonite said:
Would you like to talk about it? You seem angry.
...I have no idea who you are!

And why does everyone keep saying that?
I am rarely angry.
Hell, I am rarely even irritated.
0h, no reason...
I was wrong, certainly wrong. You seem like a sunshine and ponies person instead?_?

ChaosTheory3133

Jan 13, 2009
Depends on what you mean. If you're talking what is more prevalent, Hate is... There is no easy explanation except its a part of all human beings.
If you're talking about what conquers what... well that too can be broken down further. Most people let their hate consume them.
However, if we're talking about what counteracts hate, love is the answer, and in a way that makes it stronger.

Vianyte

Jan 10, 2009
Both love and hate have been known to inspire people's actions to extreme levels.

There really is no right answer. As far as i'm aware of, emotion isn't something you can measure, or at least there are no accurate ways to measure it.

Peoples opinions will reflect on their experiences. People that experienced hate more than love will most likely say hate and vice-versa.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Both love and hate can make you do some of the dumbest shit imaginable. Both love and hate can cause you to kill, steal and greatly damage the safety and mental stability of both yourself and other human beings.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
love will make you do things for a person (or vice versa) but the person who is loved can't necessarily control the love.
hate on the other hand will give you purpose and single minded concentration but after it has been taken out on the hated person/object it fades leaving you as a empty, hollow shell of what you were (though this only happens in extreme cases)

seious

Aug 19, 2009
love is much stronger for example when in love u make a child but hate can only make an orphan and many wars have been fought for love
alright back to unforgoten realms love and hate to all

Vianyte

Jan 10, 2009
cabooze said:
love will make you do things for a person (or vice versa) but the person who is loved can't necessarily control the love.
hate on the other hand will give you purpose and single minded concentration but after it has been taken out on the hated person/object it fades leaving you as a empty, hollow shell of what you were (though this only happens in extreme cases)
Hate usually doesn't end that way. Even once you've taken it out on someone it probably won't be enough, and so you continue hating.