Poll: what is the best concert you have ever been too

Feb 18, 2009
Voodoo_Person said:
Machine Head at Wembley Arena in December, supported by Darkest Hour, Devildriver and Bring Me The Horizon. BMTH weren't as bad as I thought they would be, even if they didn't get a good reception from the crowd. As a side not, I'd also like to say when I saw slipknot at Download in 2009 as well...god that was an epic show
Saw Machine Head in November 2010 in Newcastle, but unfortunately I was too exhausted to really enjoy them because Hatebreed were supporting and they were unbelievable. I mean, their music is terrible but they do a great live show. Machine Head have some great music but they insist on ramping up the volume so high that everything just vibrates and all you hear is the harmonic frequency of the building. Couldn't hear for 2 days after that. It was pretty epic though.

Download 2010 and Sonisphere 2011 were also amazing. Went in my first circle pit at Lamb of God and survived! Yay.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Nathan Crumpler said:
I saw Megadeth at the Warfield in San Fransisco. In this Moment and a band who's name alludes me opened for them. Megadeth's line up was James Lomenzo (bass), Glen Drover(guitar), and Shawn Drove(drums). I mention their line up because any one who's familiar with Megedeth knows their line up is as stable as the middle east.

That is a sweet song man!

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
It'll sound cliche, but the best show I've ever been to was a Green Day concert at the Palace in Michigan.

Pushed my way right up to front row...and caught myself a drum stick, along with a guitar pick. Greatest concert ever, hands down.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
BB King (2009) was amazing, but the drunk heckler in the front row did spoil it.
Pearl Jam in 2000 was a classic gig, and one that'll be remembered for years to come,
King's of Leon (2008) were also good, but the fight that started two rows below where I was sat kinda ruined the night.
But the best gig I've been to was the Counting Crows (2009), that night was amazing, there was just something that made that night more than all the other gig's I've been to over the years (150+).

Worst gig is easily Green Day (1997), they were three hours late by which point most of the crowd were completely legless, they ignored the crowd, Billy didn't introduce songs or say anything in-between songs. They played 6 songs in all, walked off the stage and that was it, and to top it all off, the beer in the venue sucked!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Ozzfest 2003. On the main stage you had Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, Korn and, Ozzy. The big thing for me though was Cradle of Filth who had a meet-n-greet after their show on the smaller stage. Fucking brutal and all it cost me was missing Chevelle. Big miss there! August 22nd, 2003...it was a good day on an otherwise crap year made all the greater by Cradle of Filth not having released Nymphetamine or, Thornography yet (admittedly, Nymphetamine grew on me over time)

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
trans siberian orchestra is always good but my favorite would have to be mindless self indulgence. such a hilarious show

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Daft Punk at HMH in Amsterdam during the Alive Tour. It was just completely amazing, what else can I say?

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Gotta be going to see AC/DC on their Black Ice tour. It was nice because it was my first real concert while being my dad's last real concert before he deemed himself "too old", and AC/DC is a favorite of both of us.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
That would definitely be Rammstein, who I saw last year (and who I'm seeing again in May - fuck yeah). They sounded amazing, and Till has an incredible stage presence; the various props and stage effects they used simply added to the awesomeness.

A close second would be Muse - I don't think I've ever heard someone sing as well live as Matt Bellamey did. Yeah, that show just rocked really fucking hard.

Some other noteworthy shows would be No Doubt, Pixies, and Judas Priest.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well it's either the first or second time I went to see Iron Maiden play... I'll go with the second as I was more sober. That was last summer in London. Had shit seats but it really didn't matter. Also Dragonforce were a semi-competent support act.

Loud Hawk

Jun 8, 2009
Rammstein, don't care too much for the music, but the show was amazing.

I am hoping that A Day To Remember will top it when I see them soon though :D

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Evil Smurf said:
Kapol said:
Out of curiousity, do you consider a live comedy event to be a 'gig?'
I suppose I do, RWJ loves that guy's comedy, is he any good?
Gabriel Iglesias? I like him, as do a lot of the people I know. It all depends on what kind of comedy you like though. Check out the special Hot And Fluffy if you want to see if you like him. He has a youtube channel with some clips of his stuff.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
I saw the Foo Fighters when they were in Melbourne late last year, and oh my god they were fucking amazing.

Groovin' The Moo 2011 festival was fantastic as well, the highlight being The Wombats' set.

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
Grinnbarr said:
Voodoo_Person said:
Machine Head at Wembley Arena in December, supported by Darkest Hour, Devildriver and Bring Me The Horizon. BMTH weren't as bad as I thought they would be, even if they didn't get a good reception from the crowd. As a side not, I'd also like to say when I saw slipknot at Download in 2009 as well...god that was an epic show
Saw Machine Head in November 2010 in Newcastle, but unfortunately I was too exhausted to really enjoy them because Hatebreed were supporting and they were unbelievable. I mean, their music is terrible but they do a great live show. Machine Head have some great music but they insist on ramping up the volume so high that everything just vibrates and all you hear is the harmonic frequency of the building. Couldn't hear for 2 days after that. It was pretty epic though.

Download 2010 and Sonisphere 2011 were also amazing. Went in my first circle pit at Lamb of God and survived! Yay.
The sound quality was awesome when I saw them, went to see Trivium and In Flames the day after, spent the entire gig in the pit, couldn't move without it hurting the next day, so worth it