Poll: What is your most anticipated upcoming FPS?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
fix-the-spade said:
ARMA 3 has pretty good bullet physics and properly rendering sights too, although it's a bit less simulator than it's predecessors.
No it doesn't. There isn't a single FPS that shows what a proper sight picture looks like when you ADS. This is mostly because it would mean that 99% of your screen would blur out when you aim down sights, which would impede people's fun.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
fix-the-spade said:
ARMA 3 has pretty good bullet physics and properly rendering sights too, although it's a bit less simulator than it's predecessors.
No it doesn't. There isn't a single FPS that shows what a proper sight picture looks like when you ADS. This is mostly because it would mean that 99% of your screen would blur out when you aim down sights, which would impede people's fun.

Not entirely sure about this, but looking at pictures of real people aiming down sights, your view should probably also tilt a little.

Although I guess it depends on the weapon. The head tilt seems to apply mostly to rifles or other weapons with a stock. Pistol or revolver looks mostly head held straight and weapon brought up to align with eye level.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Ezekiel said:
Chimpzy said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
fix-the-spade said:

Not entirely sure about this, but looking at pictures of real people aiming down sights, your view should probably also tilt a little.

Although I guess it depends on the weapon. The head tilt seems to apply mostly to rifles or other weapons with a stock. Pistol or revolver looks mostly head held straight and weapon brought up to align with eye level.
I think the cam should still be level/straight because of equilibrium.
Perhaps you're right. Considering the various ways the first person perspective can induce motion sickness in many people as is, having the field of view tilt is not a bright idea.

There might be a chance it could work in VR, assuming the on-screen motion syncs up accurately with your actual head motion, but I'm not sure there's any point to doing that. Seems a little like a solution to a non-existent problem.

Feb 26, 2014
Probably Far Cry 5. Far Cry 4, my first, and only, foray into the Far Cry series, was a lot of fun. Hunting animals, stealthily taking camps, blowing everything up once stealth fails, setting everything on fire. Far Cry 5 is also apparently getting rid of the towers, which is fantastic, and the mini-map.

I'm keeping my eye on Witchfire. The trailer was funny, the game looks beautiful, and Bulletstorm is one of my favorite shooters. It looks like it's going to be great and I can't wait to see more.