Poll: What is your nationality?

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
GOOD OL' 'MERICA!

I live in Florida to be exact(my least favorite state -_-), right now I'm on vacation to Idaho (my favorite state :D).

So don't give me no lip about "how hot the summer is".

95o F with %100 humidity is a GOOD day in Florida. Last winter the lowest it went was about 70o F.

It's why I love Idaho, no matter how hot it gets during the day, it always goes back to 50-60o F at night.

alexwbyrd

Jul 12, 2012
Well folks I'm incredibly astounded by the sheer amount of responses that I received in this forum. A great deal of the complaints and concerns posted are legitimate. The escapist does not allow any more than EIGHT possible answers to any given poll posted.

It's a damn shame cause there is such a great multitude of different people from different countries who have responded to this poll and, quite frankly, ONLY 8 POSSIBLE ANSWERS DOESN'T DO THIS POLL ANY JUSTICE SO THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH.

I made my decision on which seven countries would be in the first seven answers based on what I felt would be the most prolific countries represented on the forums...AND BOY WAS I WRONG WITH SOME OF THEM.

This has been a greatly educational experience for me and I sincerely thank all who have to taken the time to post. Thank you so much!

TL:DR Version: I only have 8 possible answers that I can post and I had not as good an idea of what countries would be the most represented on the forums (but hey that's why I made this poll: so I can find out just that).

alexwbyrd

Jul 12, 2012
Dfskelleton said:

U.S.A!
U.S.A!
U.S.A!
Born and raised American. Sadly, whenever I attempt to express any form of pride for my country, I adopt a very thick redneck accent. I think I used to do it for the fun of it, but now I don't even think about doing it. I usually speak in a very formal fashion with no accent, but as soon as I begin talking about America... YEEEE-DOGGIE!!!
Both sides of my family came from Germany quite a few generations back. While many of my friends are the same, this leads to me being the butt of a lot of Nazi jokes, thanks to my blonde hair and blue eyes.
Quoted for epicness (the picture I mean).

alexwbyrd

Jul 12, 2012
General Michi said:
Ireland reporting. I saw the sun today, so the stories are true, it does exist.
Dude! It's cloudy ALL the time there? Why can't I live there?! Beats the hell out of the infuriatingly hot summer's of the Californian central valley.

alexwbyrd

Jul 12, 2012
Eleuthera said:
Jonluw said:
Norway.

I'm sort of confused by the options you've included in the poll. I mean, I understand the options should include stuff like the UK and US, but Netherlands, New Zealand and Belgium? Don't those belong under the 'other' option?
We do not!

I'm assuming the Netherlands got included as a counterweight to New Zealand, both for being at the exact opposite end of the planet and for having "Old" Zealand as one of our provinces.
No idea what Belgium is doing on there though ;)
Seeing as (at least according to the poll) Belgians aren't numerous on the escapist, Belgium was not a good idea for the first seven possible answers :(

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
I'm British, more specifically English, more specifically from Shropshire. Charles Darwin was born here, you know. I've got to say, I'm surprised by how many Scandinavians and Finns there are here though.

Whitewillow

Mar 30, 2010
I'm 5th generation West coast Canadian. From Vancouver specifically. And noting all the references to Canadian weather, I'll just say that B.C. has the mildest weather in Canada. We're somewhat spoiled.

Whitewillow

Mar 30, 2010
About the Wagner post: Well, it depends on how you define it. The Ring Cycle is is three operas about Norse mythology, so I guess he did. I'm not entirely sure that he specified horned helmets anywhere though. I think you can blame the Victorians for that.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Goofguy said:
I'm from Canadia. No, I did not misspell that.

canadamus_prime said:
I'm from Canada, Alberta to be specific.
Are you from the *ahem* City of Champions?
There are at least 2 cities in this province that would probably claim that title, which one are you referring to? Although in either case the answer is still no.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Unfortunately So Cal in which if you don't speak spanish then you're not getting a job. *sighs*

felbot

May 11, 2011
nordic nationality, bornnd raised in sweden, more specifically the main capital of stockholm.

although i wasnt really raised in the city, but in the little kommun of stockholm called tyresö.